Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature-0.1 here in Locksbottom @9pm and lovely full moon so hope temperatures continue to fall giving us more of a chance that when precipitation starts it will be snow and 🤞🏻will stay as snow.

Just been on Mod thread and some people need to have a look at themselves.I like to feel I am impartial on things and statistically those of us South of Midlands don’t often see snow so when there is the POSSIBILITY we may get some of course there will be excitement and anticipation.Unfortunately one or two people who live in the North like to dampen the mood and if models show that possibility of snow lessen almost gloat at that 🤷🏼‍♂️.I do stress 99% of people on there are great and the likes of Mattwolves has me in stitches at times as well as also keeping it real👍👏🏻.At the end of the day it is only the weather but at the same time it is the excitement of snow that brings the kid out of us and we all need a bit of fun in these difficult times.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Yet to see any excitement here in North Norfolk. I could see some impressive showers trundling away heading around the coast.

Unfortunately it appears we are too far North for tomorrow's action and too far South for Thurs/Fri.

Posted
1 hour ago, Bazza118 said:

definately chilly outside now and the moon is shining bright. temp has dropped down to -1.2c and dp is -2c. frost already forming on the wet grass so should be perfet base for when the snow arrives 😁

It snowed today in South Croydon with temps of 4.6 and a dew point of 1.8.  Didn't settle on very wet grass and surfaces.

Temp currently -1.4 with dew points of -1.8 so I recon you could be right

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Window watching from 3am.

Well when I am waking up every hour because I can't sleep...

Think the s/e may be getting lucky 🤔 

• Like 3

Posted
47 minutes ago, andreas said:

It feels like snow coming in overnight to me - though there is the advantage here of a bit of altitude. Temperature down to 0.2, DP to -1.9 - well, we shall see what transpires, as always, the fascination of the weather.

Yeah 100% agree, given how it is a rather marginal set-up I'd be much less confident of accumulating snow if this came in at say 12-1pm instead.

I think I've put my flag in the ground when it comes to the snow chances tonight, I hope we aren't let down. FWW Arpege 18z is a little more intense with precip, goes for a broad 3-6cms and some areas getting more into the 7-12cms range.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
13 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yeah 100% agree, given how it is a rather marginal set-up I'd be much less confident of accumulating snow if this came in at say 12-1pm instead.

I think I've put my flag in the ground when it comes to the snow chances tonight, I hope we aren't let down. FWW Arpege 18z is a little more intense with precip, goes for a broad 3-6cms and some areas getting more into the 7-12cms range.

It's lovely dry and crisp outside atm.

Perfect for settling snow ! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Temps have settled out around -0.5c will DPs around -1c. At least for now this'll lower the ground temperature for when the precipitation arrives in the small hours. So far so good 👍 

As always it will warm up when the cloud arrives but hopefully intensity and cold ground will give some settling. 

It wouldn't be a UK snow event with 'Marginal Anxiety'!

• Like 3

Posted

It’s just my opinion but as this current front hits the SW and moves towards us it seems it could be heading a little more south that originally thought. This is good if this is the case as it keeps the cold air over us and would be a good signal for tomorrow night as well 👍

• Like 1

Posted

Also Friday could be interesting for the SE as the front turns and heads back SE 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

So let’s have the bets, snow for Kent tonight or rain? 

Pub run remains bullish 

Edited by throwoff
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
2 hours ago, East Kent Snow Desert said:

Was hoping to see improvements on the Met Office app for tonight/tomorrow but it's pretty poor tbh. 2 hrs of snow following 5 hrs of rain/sleet.  As ever it takes a lot to go right in this corner of Kent and without an easterly component the odds are not looking too promising 

Could contain: Text

Decent upgrade to it 

1 minute ago, throwoff said:

Reckon you'll be good for snow away from the main easterly off the sea. Not seeing Thanet get too much or if anything at all 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I do think I (and hopefully all of us) will wake to some kind of lying snow given its cold and dry. Part of me wants to stay up radar watching but 3am ish (imo) is too late. 

Goodnight all and good luck coldies. Look forward to snow pics in the morning 

Edited by UKSnakey
  • Like 3

Posted

And there we go like I got at earlier the met office change to heavy snow symbols in the late evening for tomorrow morning!

I would expect anywhere north/Northwest of Ashford will see heavy and potentially disruptive and continuous snow between 3am and 10am tomorrow morning! 

wether it settles that is another question. I would say due to the clear skies drying/freezing the ground before hand there is a good chance!

Good luck everyone and goodnight 👍

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Deliberating on Bexhill's chances here... is it a 3am alarm job, or a lie in and have dreams of proper snow job? Time will tell...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
11 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Deliberating on Bexhill's chances here... is it a 3am alarm job, or a lie in and have dreams of proper snow job? Time will tell...

50/50? Is that too much, I'm still hoping for a Bexhill snow party, might get up early and if it's just rain/sleet go for a hunt up one of them hills!😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
5 minutes ago, snowray said:

50/50? Is that too much, I'm still hoping for a Bexhill snow party, might get up early and if it's just rain/sleet go for a hunt up one of them hills!😁

Hmm, better make that 45/55 (in favour of rain)!  I'm thinking if it's snowing good I'll make my way up to st. Mary's recreation ground or somewhere similar for that sweet sweet additional 58m elevation haha! Will set an alarm for 03:30 or so and assess the situation and radar.

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Hi everyone, long time no post, but things are beginning to look interesting! I'm even hoping for a covering here in the middle of town. Good luck all and take care out there!

• Like 2

Posted

The front looks to be further North at this point compared to the GFS chart for this period.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, White Board

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Atlas, Diagram, Bear, Land

This is the chart for 12-3am, so we are already pretty close to that now.

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Window watching from 3am.

Well when I am waking up every hour because I can't sleep...

Think the s/e may be getting lucky 🤔 

I wish I shared your optimism, Floaty. Think we'll be on the cusp again, sadly. Reckon south of the county will be fine though. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, harry2045 said:

What are the snow chances looking like for Dunstable tomorrow morning? I sense there may be an 'upgrade' compared to previous local forecasts earlier this evening?

Just checked in to find Met Office has dramatically upgraded snow forecast for St albans area since earlier today. Now expecting snow continuously from 3am Wednesday right through to 1am Thurs, with sleet expected around Wed lunchtime. Dunstable is a few hundred metres higher so could be even more up your way.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, TonyK St Albans said:

Just checked in to find Met Office has dramatically upgraded snow forecast for St albans area since earlier today. Now expecting snow continuously from 3am Wednesday right through to 1am Thurs, with sleet expected around Wed lunchtime. Dunstable is a few hundred metres higher so could be even more up your way.

I agree, I think the front will move in slightly faster than forecast and a wee bit further north than predicted. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Met Office don't broaden their weather warnings soon. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, throwoff said:

Pub run remains bullish 

Both snow for where you are and .ost if in land west Kent, east Kent a bit more tricky, and on the coast, may be some, but if it heads to far north will turn rain quickly.