Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Proper snow finally and the temperature has fallen to around 1c from a high of 4c late morning.

• Like 4

Posted

I think today has proven why overnight snowfall is so important. Its why I thought this morning snow maybe the main attraction vs this afternoon. With that being said time is now on our side and there are still strong pulses for the norther parts of the region to tap into which mqy help get the freezing level down.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Just rain here now at 190m asl in the NE Surrey Hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The snow, up here, is really setting in -- but it's showing no sign of settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Good luck to all of you outside Kent tonight, may magic happen!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Never has it snowed for so long (on an off pretty much all day) and had so little to show for it -  this was a promising start first thing but it’s all wet and soggy now - still it’s been nice to see the flakes falling even though I’ve got diddly squat on the accumulation scale 🤷🏻‍♀️

Could contain: Architecture, Building, Outdoors, Shelter, Countryside, Hut, Nature, Rural

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Think most of us in this thread have had our lot. Whatever is left to come is looking like sleet at absolute best. Was never going to be much else, the temperatures just weren't low enough. 

The models have proven to be hugely unreliable, bordering on pointless, and I'm sure they're getting worse. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Funny old day, dandruff snow, sleet and drizzle. Then it stopped and now we have sleet again but much better flakes. Bit of breeze.

Funny old day.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Dami said:

Funny old day, dandruff snow, sleet and drizzle. Then it stopped and now we have sleet again but much better flakes. Bit of breeze.

Funny old day.

Funny old game the weather its a game of two halves ,north and south 😞

• Like 1

Posted

Clear breaking up of the area of precipitation on the south eastern flank now, I assume there’s more dry air aloft and sea breezes are causing this?

Two clear areas one to the north looking quite lively whereas anything in the southern eastern ‘wedge’ is just being squeezed into submission 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

More opportunities I think on Friday as the cold air returns south. UKMO , GEM and GFS seem to agree on this . 

2E74C503-2C3A-4BC8-906E-FA95AD96CA0A.gif

BF0ADC38-441A-4324-8ED8-3B4C8796BEA6.gif

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Art, Graphics

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Art, Graphics, Nature, Outdoors, Advertisement, Poster

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Well, despite a very poorly timed bout of stomach flu, I was mad enough to go out and witness the big heavy flakes of wet snow very briefly this morning... I would say they were 50p sized at one stage! Very pretty. They only managed to form a slushy layer on car roofs.

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I was mad enough last night to stay up throughout. Was worth it though and got my snow fix. 

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Wheel, Coupe, Flare, Person

Could contain: Tree, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Frost, Snow, Conifer, Building

• Like 4

Posted

Like this all day in St Evenage. Just a degree or so of fsettling 🙄 Hope temps drop a bit and the heavier stuff settles. Will all be gone this time tomorrow though 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Mustn't grumble so far here on the Sussex coast, heavy snow from 5am to 7am with an accumulation that allowed my son to throw his first snowball!

It was all washed away by 10am so I had some Daddy explaining to do as tears had to be dried ( I really need to grow up)

Quite a rare thing for snow to stick in March here and wasn't expecting it really given the set up on offer.

Now at 4c with bursts of rain.

Edited by sunnijim
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Mustn't grumble so far here on the Sussex coast, heavy snow from 5am to 7am with an accumulation that allowed my son to throw his first snowball!

It was all washed away by 10am so I had some Daddy explaining to do as tears had to be dried ( I really need to grow up)

Quite a rare thing for snow to stick in March here and wasn't expecting it really given the set up on offer.

Now at 4c with bursts of rain.

Not had ANY wintry precipitation here as far as I can tell. It could have sleeted in the night when I was in bed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
15 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Like this all day in St Evenage. Just a degree or so of fsettling 🙄 Hope temps drop a bit and the heavier stuff settles. Will all be gone this time tomorrow though 

IMG_4607.MOV

Same here in wgc...now sleet/snow quite heavy although small flakes...but it is settling a bit..looking at radar rain is not far to the south...

Edited by minus10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
27 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Theres our snow coming into the SW for this evening and over night

Maybe another bite of the cherry for East Berks later , seems a long way off tho .

• Like 1