Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Dami said:

Boring weather.

P.S not loving the new forum set up. 😞

What new forum set up, didn't notice any change. Maybe it's the same on a phone?

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
18 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

What new forum set up, didn't notice any change. Maybe it's the same on a phone?

on laptop its very dis-joined.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
2 hours ago, Dami said:

Boring weather.

P.S not loving the new forum set up. 😞

Hi Dami. I'm not aware of any new forum setup or layout. All looking normal on my phone and laptop. Any changes your end (access device, browser used, etc)? Let me know and I'll raise with Paul.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

A chilly day again under the cloud. A work leaving do this evening (spoons buffet, recommended 👍) and a very atmospheric sky with the moon behind a thin veil of cloud to marvel at. Quite Halloween looking at 1st glance. An evening walk, now to settle down and chill 🙂 have a good evening all!

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hi Dami. I'm not aware of any new forum setup or layout. All looking normal on my phone and laptop. Any changes your end (access device, browser used, etc)? Let me know and I'll raise with Paul.

I'm guessing it's meant to be there, i have an extra side bar which wasn't there before and everything seems jumbled. 

Could contain:

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
13 minutes ago, Dami said:

I'm guessing it's meant to be there, i have an extra side bar which wasn't there before and everything seems jumbled. 

Could contain:

Thanks Dami. That doesn't look right at all. I'll ask @Paul to kindly take a look and advise.

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Thanks Dami. That doesn't look right at all. I'll ask @Paul to kindly take a look and advise.

I have a new laptop and i still use the same browser but i'm windows 11 not 10. However i have only had this happen today.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Still 20c here with a dewpoint of 17.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

A chilly day again under the cloud. A work leaving do this evening (spoons buffet, recommended 👍) and a very atmospheric sky with the moon behind a thin veil of cloud to marvel at. Quite Halloween looking at 1st glance. An evening walk, now to settle down and chill 🙂 have a good evening all!

I found it warm, put a jacket on because of a shower as I was leaving, took it off ASAP.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

I woke up at 3am today sweltering. There was a hot wind blowing quite strongly from the west, and the weather station recorded a high of 19.4 deg C with a gust of wind of 16mph - and then it rained unexpectedly 2 hours later! This is now the third consecutive night when it is as hot if not hotter than the day.

image.thumb.png.b4009eb7027cbe4467c58cac05857ab5.png

That would be odd for July, but the end of September?

• Like 2

Posted

Was gonna say its cloudy here, but the sun has just appeared, so was is the word lol. Started shining through the blinds just as I pressed to post this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Was cloudy first thing here, been sunny sinse and currently 18c. Air feels a lot drier too.

Posted

Like freeze said, this morning didn't look like a day I wanted to leave my bed. Damp, cloudy and generally yuk! But alas, work. By 1030am it started to brighten with quite the lovely afternoon. Blue skies and sunshine with Sunday still looking lovely temperature wise, albeit breezy

Seen on YouTube however new York has had quite the rainfall. 5 inches for some parts leading to flooding.  Poor folks 😞 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

@Eagle Eye love that last video.. very atmospheric, let us know how you captured it 😎

Edited by Pixel
spwellin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
7 hours ago, Pixel said:

@Eagle Eye love that last video.. very atmospheric, let us know how you captured it 😎

Timelapse of about 200 stacked images. Iso down quite low, around 200 but exposure normal to be able to capture the wispy clouds in front of the camera. Using my camera, just put it on automatic and as it wasn't really that windy, it was able to stay in frame on my camera (I have a tripod) . Then set it to 4K and 30fps, could've done high definition and 60 fps, I prefer quality over speed. 

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Thanks 1

Posted
15 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

Like freeze said, this morning didn't look like a day I wanted to leave my bed. Damp, cloudy and generally yuk! But alas, work. By 1030am it started to brighten with quite the lovely afternoon. Blue skies and sunshine with Sunday still looking lovely temperature wise, albeit breezy

Seen on YouTube however new York has had quite the rainfall. 5 inches for some parts leading to flooding.  Poor folks 😞 

Flooding if you have arm bands is better than drought ..lesser of two evils I know but ..this just downed me (excuse the pun ) but 300 meters ...(north and south downs ).but i know now why we clutch at straws in winter for snow ..lot of variables I know but blimey that's bad .. and if you was a mountaineer top of mont  blanc you have cold rain ..( join the club ) 🙂

Could contain:

Edited by TN9
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 hours ago, TN9 said:

Flooding if you have arm bands is better than drought ..lesser of two evils I know but ..this just downed me (excuse the pun ) but 300 meters ...(north and south downs ).but i know now why we clutch at straws in winter for snow ..lot of variables I know but blimey that's bad .. and if you was a mountaineer top of mont  blanc you have cold rain ..( join the club ) 🙂

Could contain:

Hey buddy. Been a while! Indeed there's many variables especially for us as you say and it seems something exceptional is needed to guarantee snow now a days. That article does suck too but remember it does say August for them. Do the alps have an all round snow-cover at the tops i wonder (or did, going by that article...)

It also reminded me of a pretty depressing article back in 2020. Straw clutching? Hug a haystack from this article 

WWW.BBC.COM

By the 2040s most of southern England may no longer get sub-zero days, new Met Office data suggests.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Wont reach 24c if we keep this cloud....

Posted
1 hour ago, Neilsouth said:

Wont reach 24c if we keep this cloud....

We won't, sun is poking through again now, so should lift soon. It was supposed to start cloudy, over us it's a fight between southern warmth and westerly coolness. The cloud is part of that.

Posted

You have to say this is nuts 19 degrees at 8.25pm on the 1st October wowser

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

You have to say this is nuts 19 degrees at 8.25pm on the 1st October wowser

And still 28 up stairs in my house, really warm for October, usually the heating clicks on a couple of times over night by now. Not needed it at all yet.

Posted

Overcast and still to start the week, currently 15c.

Can any of you smell smoke outside this morning? It has smelt like a bonfire on and off for a few days but particularly noticeable this morning. I know there was some talk of Canadian wildfire smoke being brought over with the westerlies but not sure if it is that or not?

Posted
15 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Overcast and still to start the week, currently 15c.

Can any of you smell smoke outside this morning? It has smelt like a bonfire on and off for a few days but particularly noticeable this morning. I know there was some talk of Canadian wildfire smoke being brought over with the westerlies but not sure if it is that or not?

Been a fire at a farm in Ashford that started Wednesday, and is still burning. Not sure if it's that as wind direction shouldn't bring that your way. Other than that I often think fog and mists smell smoky.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Had a power cut here last night and was outside chatting to one of the NP workman. It was absolutely tropical at 1.30am. More like late evening in the Canary Islands than the UK and even more extreme considering it was a clear night. Our climate is changing very rapidly now!!

• Like 1