Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Gone very dark out there! It does feel very snowy in the air even though there's nothing on the near horizon.

Certainly has, now some heavy drizzle!

We certainly have an interesting week ahead Lauren, plenty of twists and turns to come. I think we will all certainly learn something from this week one way or another.

Posted
On 25/11/2023 at 19:52, Snowangel-MK said:

Perfect weather for the Woburn Christmas tree lighting this evening- my thermals and a mulled wine kept me warm for carol singing on the cobbles 🤗

IMG_6842.jpeg

This was put up in Victoria Tower Gardens over the weekend

Xmas Vic tower garden.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

A mild day with sunny intervals and 12c 

20231127_125347.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Even though I live in London, I feel quite optimistic for chances of some snow in the foreseeable future. Last year proved that when Islington got hammered. It’ll be a case of luck if the precipitation is more showery in nature - but as stated, it’s better to get the cold in more intensely as it strengthens the pattern and also makes the ground/atmosphere more conducive for settling snow. I’m happy just for near ice days though!

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, LetItSnow! said:

Even though I live in London, I feel quite optimistic for chances of some snow in the foreseeable future. Last year proved that when Islington got hammered. It’ll be a case of luck if the precipitation is more showery in nature - but as stated, it’s better to get the cold in more intensely as it strengthens the pattern and also makes the ground/atmosphere more conducive for settling snow. I’m happy just for near ice days though!

Yep I think we all have a decent enough chance of seeing some snow, how much is up for debate though, it'll be nice just to see some falling before Winter even starts.

The Christmas decorations going up and some snow on the ground would really remind me of 2009/10. It was good to see some before Christmas last year also.

It'll be interesting how the Met Office plays this over the coming days, warnings and stuff. The latest written forecast was 4am this morning.

"Sunny periods and isolated showers Wednesday. Cloudier Thursday and Friday as an area of heavy rain makes uncertain northeastward progress, possibly falling as snow over higher hills. Becoming cold. Breezy."

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Lauren said:

Gone very dark out there! It does feel very snowy in the air even though there's nothing on the near horizon.

It probably is snow up at cloud level, would transition on the way down. 850s are cold now the cold front is dropping through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
2 hours ago, MAF said:

This was put up in Victoria Tower Gardens over the weekend

Xmas Vic tower garden.jpeg

Got two trees up indoors today, no decorations yet so got the lights set on multicoloured until I decide on which baubles are going where - I ran out of time anyway today as I had a hair appointment it’s certainly brightened up an otherwise very dull & dreary damp day  I wouldn’t have gone out at all  if I hadn’t got to be at the salon ! 

IMG_6882.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Good day everyone. Hope we are all well.  Quite the wet night and soggy morning today. Did feel much cooler though which seasonally speaking is pleasing. Sadly, I appear to be experiencing a little poor health so have to kick back and enjoy the weather through the window for the coming days. Or taking very, very small walks while I recover. I missed the chance to get out and enjoy clear and cold, crisp sunshine over the weekend. So hoping that even if we don't get snow, we will get some crisp sunny days to attempt those little walks where my health allows!

@TN9 those videos look lovely! Very lucky folks.. im not jealous, much.. although id swap the t shirt for many more layers. I do like to be wrapped up snug for a stroll in the snow and make new memories.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Well we are properly on the cusp now.

The latest model runs still can’t make their mind up for Kent but swathes of the SE are in the firing line!

Posted
9 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Well we are properly on the cusp now.

The latest model runs still can’t make their mind up for Kent but swathes of the SE are in the firing line!

I think some areas of Kent will at least see showers maybe a dusting, I don’t think there will be to much laying unfortunately ground temps etc but I hope I am wrong 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, BLS said:

I think some areas of Kent will at least see showers maybe a dusting, I don’t think there will be to much laying unfortunately ground temps etc but I hope I am wrong 

Ground will start cooling from now, however I think at least close to the coast, the sea will modify showers to be rain or sleet, till the sea cools a little. Might be proved wrong, depends on what the 850s actually do, cause they are still trending colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
11 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Ground will start cooling from now, however I think at least close to the coast, the sea will modify showers to be rain or sleet, till the sea cools a little. Might be proved wrong, depends on what the 850s actually do, cause they are still trending colder.

Agreed, the ground cooling will start tonight realistically 

Posted
1 hour ago, Vortex3929 said:

Good day everyone. Hope we are all well.  Quite the wet night and soggy morning today. Did feel much cooler though which seasonally speaking is pleasing. Sadly, I appear to be experiencing a little poor health so have to kick back and enjoy the weather through the window for the coming days. Or taking very, very small walks while I recover. I missed the chance to get out and enjoy clear and cold, crisp sunshine over the weekend. So hoping that even if we don't get snow, we will get some crisp sunny days to attempt those little walks where my health allows!

@TN9 those videos look lovely! Very lucky folks.. im not jealous, much.. although id swap the t shirt for many more layers. I do like to be wrapped up snug for a stroll in the snow and make new memories.

Wishing you a speedy recovery 🙏 then take some pics on your small walks, if it's not raining of course 🤭

• Like 2

Posted

Hoping snow showers or troughs come in from the east north east! It’s looking like it will get cold but very unsure about precipitation! Who knows low to our south maybe showing again by tomorrow! 

• Like 1

Posted

What was the ground temps last December when he had snow? Our snow lasted a week, then some rain came in to wash it away 😀

Posted

A real shame that the LP forecast on Thursday is now heading into central France. Snow chance bounces back to zero as always. Hopefully Kent can get a scrape but even that is hoping 

Can’t get my head around how folk in our vicinity are happy in the MAD thread that the LP that could have brought our region some white ppn is going south into France.

Unless an unexpected disturbance/trough pulls through it is bone dry and cold. 
At least a respite from the deluge of past weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Polaris said:

A real shame that the LP forecast on Thursday is now heading into central France. Snow chance bounces back to zero as always. Hopefully Kent can get a scrape but even that is hoping 

Can’t get my head around how folk in our vicinity are happy in the MAD thread that the LP that could have brought our region some white ppn is going south into France.

Unless an unexpected disturbance/trough pulls through it is bone dry and cold. 
At least a respite from the deluge of past weeks. 

It is a shame but spot on that we have a respite!! Like others have said in mad, those disturbances are short notice so we live in hope!

1 hour ago, ChillyJuju said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery 🙏 then take some pics on your small walks, if it's not raining of course 🤭

Thank you.. 😊 

Posted

Well looking around at all the models/forecasts/Posts I am still in the mind we are not going to see any wintry precipitation here in london. Was very underwhelmed with the TV forecasts today, all non-committal and very abrupt. It's one thing I have noticed with the BBC especially, they just don't give a detailed forecast whenever there is uncertainty past 3 days. it's just a repeat forecast after another until a new presenter takes over and then its the same forecast as before just with someone different giving it 🙄

So for me, although i won't expect snow, at least the foundations are beginning. But they may be halted next week if there is a mild period. 

Having said all that, I am still looking at the smart meter with trepidation and hoping the winter bills keep low. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, MAF said:

Well looking around at all the models/forecasts/Posts I am still in the mind we are not going to see any wintry precipitation here in london. Was very underwhelmed with the TV forecasts today, all non-committal and very abrupt. It's one thing I have noticed with the BBC especially, they just don't give a detailed forecast whenever there is uncertainty past 3 days. it's just a repeat forecast after another until a new presenter takes over and then its the same forecast as before just with someone different giving it 🙄

So for me, although i won't expect snow, at least the foundations are beginning. But they may be halted next week if there is a mild period. 

Having said all that, I am still looking at the smart meter with trepidation and hoping the winter bills keep low. 

The BBC forecast paints a very boring cool spell coming up so who is right, the excited people in the MOD or the beeb🤔

Posted

Lots of interest still in my opinion and again it's not even Winter yet, It's a decent bonus to have an early chase.

I'd rather have a slim chance of a snow flurry and cold weather than the damp mess we've had for most of Autumn.

It looks a complicated set-up to my untrained eye, plenty of twists, turns and nowcasting, not worth worrying about when and how the cold spell ends.

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

The BBC forecast paints a very boring cool spell coming up so who is right, the excited people in the MOD or the beeb🤔

...neither. the weather will be right at the end. Its fun trying to fathom it out though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, Vortex3929 said:

...neither. the weather will be right at the end. Its fun trying to fathom it out though

i'm expecting drizzle lol

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

i'm expecting drizzle lol

I think you may be right. Make a nice change from the drizzle-fest most winters. Oh, wait... 🧐

• Like 1