Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Latest UKV shows the central part of Wednesday's channel runner to be a fraction further north - not by much - but enough to make it likely to be rain on the coast. Parts of Devon/Somerset/north Dorset could do quite well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Latest UKV shows the central part of Wednesday's channel runner to be a fraction further north - not by much - but enough to make it likely to be rain on the coast. Parts of Devon/Somerset/north Dorset could do quite well.

Oh dear this ties in with the latest forecast for here as rain rain and more rain!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

I’m completely fed up!! Not seen laying snow on IoW for 5 years!!! Was hoping we’d see some this week but no every other buggar in the south probably will but never us!!! 😭😩

Unless we get a SSW in December or early January and even then we manage to roll a 6 I think snow along the channel Coast is getting increasingly difficult 

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

I’m completely fed up!! Not seen laying snow on IoW for 5 years!!! Was hoping we’d see some this week but no every other buggar in the south probably will but never us!!! 😭😩

Try the GFS 18Z if you can bear any more hope, whole of the island covered.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
58 minutes ago, AWD said:

Currently over the Mendips now and I can confirm it’s 4c and raining!

Yes cold air not digging in just yet. probably after 3am

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
1 minute ago, Mark Parsons said:

It will probably all end up in the channel islands again 🤣🤣

Don't even go there, I still haven't got over what happened back in 2013!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Smartie said:

Not just then, all through the past ten years the best place for snow has been on a boat! 

Hoping for revenge on Wednesday morning, I can't say I'm too confident though!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
1 minute ago, Smartie said:

Exactly my point lol......of all the near misses there have been one has to be a direct hit eventually!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
2 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Not just then, all through the past ten years the best place for snow has been on a boat! 

Hoping for revenge on Wednesday morning, I can't say I'm too confident though!

Must admit the bbc weather was interesting, showed more snow for parts of the south on Saturday as well, I think if this week passes & I haven't even seen snow falling I'm going to be a little bit gutted if I'm honest. 

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Smartie said:

Must admit the bbc weather was interesting, showed more snow for parts of the south on Saturday as well, I think if this week passes & I haven't even seen snow falling I'm going to be a little bit gutted if I'm honest. 

Yes it'll be a hard pill to swallow if it fails now, less so for me I guess seeing how close I am to the sea, expectations lower 😃

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

I reckon someone will see something white later tonight/early morning, maybe even on the ground first thing  for a bit.  Radar is changing slowly, that’s some heavy, slow moving rainfall off west Wales coastline, and some more green/pink is showing up inland over higher ground in front of it… 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Hi fellow posters . Realy hope that the people who dont usually see Snow get a covering over the next 48/72 hrs . It seems that every synoptic situation regarding possible low lying snow is like a big Puzzle with thousands of different outcomes, a bit like the Lottery , but im fairly confident that in my kneck of the woods which is west mendip at just 90 mtrs could see a wet mix of snow by first light tuesday morning and later tomorrow into wednesday with a good covering on wednesday .so good luck to all of you , i dont post often but i am lurking and enjoy the Banter on here , cheers to you all .

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
6 minutes ago, legritter said:

Hi fellow posters . Realy hope that the people who dont usually see Snow get a covering over the next 48/72 hrs . It seems that every synoptic situation regarding possible low lying snow is like a big Puzzle with thousands of different outcomes, a bit like the Lottery , but im fairly confident that in my kneck of the woods which is west mendip at just 90 mtrs could see a wet mix of snow by first light tuesday morning and later tomorrow into wednesday with a good covering on wednesday .so good luck to all of you , i dont post often but i am lurking and enjoy the Banter on here , cheers to you all .

I share your optimism on this one bud......it could be an interesting few days coming up!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Thank you @Mike Poole for sharing this! 

E99ABFF0-A7B9-4F8F-9393-54F80AABE7D7.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snow, hot & thundery!
2 minutes ago, legritter said:

Hi legritter, great to hear from you (as always)! Not seen you around for a while, as always love your posts! Finger's crossed that you see the white stuff - you're more in the reckoning than my part of the world I feel. Anyways, Stella's and sausage baps all round... my treat this time! 👌

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thought I'd pop in and say hello to my old neighboureenos 😁

looking forward to a bit of the white stuff later tonight ?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Latest UKV has slightly moved north again, just by a fraction. These fractions are making it worse for coastal areas..

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature Could contain: Chart, Plot, Outdoors, Map, Nature, Atlas, Diagram Could contain: Chart, Plot, Art, Map, Outdoors, Atlas, Diagram, Nature

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
10 hours ago, SilverWolf said:

I remember a brief event in 2007 (?) where it was mild in the morning, similar to today, and it rained incessantly for about 6 hours. There was back edge snow for about an hour at the end, and about 2 inches settled which then froze overnight… ever since then I’ve thought anything is possible with a quick change! 

Almost certainly 11th January 2008. Classic evaporative cooling at play. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Bust number 1

Plain old rain with temps of 2.3c and DP 1.7c

I'm waving the white flag already!

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner this cold weather does one, the better. 

Edited by SteveB
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Bust number 1

Plain old rain with temps of 2.3c and DP 1.7c

I'm waving the white flag already!

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner this cold weather does one, the better. 

Surly met office need to update weather warnings to discount snow from certain areas?  Heavy rain tonight and tomorrow now forecast in alot of Devon and Dorset unless you are 300 metres above sea level!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

It’s bound to rain in Plymouth. If we barely get anything in Dec 2010 and March 2018 this isn’t going to deliver Jack.