Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

-0.7 here already at least the ground will be nice and cold if anything happens!

Posted
53 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

It is.  Normally, they tend to correct south.  But, I think you have to bear in mind that in this unusual setup, the fortunes of this low are tied to the next one (Thursday), which is showing as weaker on the models and correcting south, while this one is deepening proportionately and thus correcting north.  

Starting to look awesome for you Mike!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
3 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Starting to look awesome for you Mike!

Yes, M4 corridor looks good, given the uncertainty, perhaps the best thing is there’s a good few miles margin of error!

4 minutes ago, Wilxy said:

-0.7 here already at least the ground will be nice and cold if anything happens!

This is an important plus for this event for this region, we’re starting overnight with dry ground, which could make a big difference to allow settling to gain a foothold if it is marginal.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Now down to 2c  absoutely  no idea what the dew point is still waiting on new weather station .  😟

Posted

Best come on this forum for the excitement 👌😍❄️

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
Just now, Ali1977 said:

Best come on this forum for the excitement 👌😍❄️

Ha ha. You'll have to ignore alot of us in Cornwall Devon and along the channel coast then 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

Ha ha. You'll have to ignore alot of us in Cornwall Devon and along the channel coast then 😉 

Yeah sorry it looks like missing you, I guess you’re used to that though 🤦🏼‍♂️

It looks like being some event for some though, possibly into Friday too. If I lived in Cornwall I’d be looking for an Air bnb tonight 😂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Unfortunately haven't got much time to post on here tonight as you can imagine work is... hectic! However, I am in agreement with what the Met O is going for over the next 36-48 hours. IMO, I think we'll see an Amber at some point, probably around the M4 corridor and covering Exmoor/Dartmoor/S Wales. 

Best of luck to you all and hope you get a nice covering of snow! 

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 9

Posted
1 minute ago, Ali1977 said:

Yeah sorry it looks like missing you, I guess you’re used to that though 🤦🏼‍♂️

It looks like being some event for some though, possibly into Friday too. If I lived in Cornwall I’d be looking for an Air bnb tonight 😂

You could be to far north tomorrow morning, some of the patchy stuff might reach you though? Probably better for you tomorrow evening?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Can’t believe i have to go to work on site  tomorrow. Long drive to salisbury,  maybe rain there possible sleet back up here changing to snow at times through the day so roads should be ok as expecting slush more than powder. 

• Like 1

Posted

Local weather still believing! He did say coastal areas all rain. Went on to say exmoor Somerset North Dorset could get 5-10cm with tomorrow afternoons front

But for me beside the little snow for this area will be the return of wind and rain so absent for almost 8 weeks!

Could contain: Screen, People, Person, Adult, Male, Man, Monitor, Crowd, Projection Screen, Face

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Local weather still believing! He did say coastal areas all rain. Went on to say exmoor Somerset North Dorset could get 5-10cm with tomorrow afternoons front

But for me beside the little snow for this area will be the return of wind and rain so absent for almost 8 weeks!

Could contain: Screen, People, Person, Adult, Male, Man, Monitor, Crowd, Projection Screen, Face

I think you have a decent chance FK at 200m but it looks like sleet to me even inland without elevation.

God I hope I am wrong.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
19 minutes ago, offerman said:

Can’t believe i have to go to work on site  tomorrow. Long drive to salisbury,  maybe rain there possible sleet back up here changing to snow at times through the day so roads should be ok as expecting slush more than powder. 

I’ve got a day shift at Whatley quarry tomorrow afternoon, finishing up in Westbury come the evening.  Will be interesting to see what falls later in the day, compared to back home in lower down Longwell Green.

• Like 3

Posted

I actually don’t mind if it doesn’t lay (although it would be lovely!) I would just love to see some flakes falling!! But seeing as I’m right on the coast I’m probably clutching at straws! 
good luck everyone,I hope you at least get some of the white stuff falling in your area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
5 minutes ago, festivalking said:

He actually said specifically the high ground of Somerset and Dorset........I think this is going to be a high ground event, snow falling in many lowland places but not settling......

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, AWD said:

I’ve got a day shift at Whatley quarry tomorrow afternoon, finishing up in Westbury come the evening.  Will be interesting to see what falls later in the day, compared to back home in lower down Longwell Green.

I have to go to Westbury in the morning first thing leave my car then down to Downton.  Then back to Westbury to collect it then back to Frome . Agree with you it will be very interesting to see come what May. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

He actually said specifically the high ground of Somerset and Dorset........I think this is going to be a high ground event, snow falling in many lowland places but not settling......

Looks like Mendips ,Cotswolds in the action. Lower down more slush. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, offerman said:

I have to go to Westbury in the morning first thing leave my car then down to Downton.  Then back to Westbury to collect it then back to Frome . Agree with you it will be very interesting to see come what May. 

I work just above westbury in erlestoke about 100m asl so I hope that is enough to at least see real snow if it is a sleet and rain event for home.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I think you have a decent chance FK at 200m but it looks like sleet to me even inland without elevation.

God I hope I am wrong.

Like to think you're right chap but we're not that far from the Tamar estuary (a big radiator) and as much as they can't be trusted both met office and bbc apps suggest rain with sleet at a push. Mind you I can jump in the car drive 5 minutes towards Princetown and probably find some tomorrow morning up there 🫡

• Like 2