Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Morning All, a bright and sunny start to the day, after the overnight low of 3.8°C at: 05:27 (hmm plants watch out) has risen to 16.1°C, RH 56% and a cooling breeze of 10mph in from the N.

From above

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Coast, Peninsula, Shoreline, Storm, Blackboard

On Golden sands, the channel looking serene, and lacking any haze or mist this morning

Could contain: Water, Waterfront, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Pier, Horizon, Scenery, Bridge, Landscape

• Like 1

Posted
22 hours ago, Bobd29 said:

Just gone down with you norovjrus Beka nasty little bug to say the least.

How you feeling today sweetpea?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring
9 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

How you feeling today sweetpea?

Just got up, never felt so weak and useless. Lots of sickness and some diarrhoea, really nasty. Hope you have recovered, can’t face eating, haven’t done so for over 3 days…not good. Take care.

• Insightful 1

Posted
Just now, Bobd29 said:

Just got up, never felt so weak and useless. Lots of sickness and some diarrhoea, really nasty. Hope you have recovered, can’t face eating, haven’t done so for over 3 days…not good. Take care.

Yowcha. I had it last year so reckon I had some immunity left. I got off quite lightly this time! Last time I had aching and a fever with it too.

I'm good now. Was sick Thursday night into Fri morning. Stayed in bed all day. Ate 2 custard creams and a bit of toast and yoghurt later in the day. Got up to walk up the garden to stretch legs then back to bed. Saturday morning hubby went away! (Still away now). So I had to get up to look after the kids. I mostly felt ok but like you was really weak and no energy. I cleaned out the chickens as they were over due so had to. Ordered take away - pizza hut so I didn't have to cook for the kids. Sunday woke up feeling fine and went in the garden! So for me it was a 48 hour event.

I suspect most of that is due to the fact I was mostly diahhrea where as vomitting a lot really takes it out of you more.

The only drawback is it has upset my IBS And put me in a bit of a flair up so had pain every day since. Got some probiotic yoghurt so we'll see if it does anything! Stay up for a bit the go back to bed. You need to up your activity a little every day rather than in one go. I only did the dishwasher yesterday once we had run out of stuff lol

Posted
9 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yowcha. I had it last year so reckon I had some immunity left. I got off quite lightly this time! Last time I had aching and a fever with it too.

I'm good now. Was sick Thursday night into Fri morning. Stayed in bed all day. Ate 2 custard creams and a bit of toast and yoghurt later in the day. Got up to walk up the garden to stretch legs then back to bed. Saturday morning hubby went away! (Still away now). So I had to get up to look after the kids. I mostly felt ok but like you was really weak and no energy. I cleaned out the chickens as they were over due so had to. Ordered take away - pizza hut so I didn't have to cook for the kids. Sunday woke up feeling fine and went in the garden! So for me it was a 48 hour event.

I suspect most of that is due to the fact I was mostly diahhrea where as vomitting a lot really takes it out of you more.

The only drawback is it has upset my IBS And put me in a bit of a flair up so had pain every day since. Got some probiotic yoghurt so we'll see if it does anything! Stay up for a bit the go back to bed. You need to up your activity a little every day rather than in one go. I only did the dishwasher yesterday once we had run out of stuff lol

Thanks, can’t imagine having your strength feeling like this….but then I am 75. Really takes it out of you, keep going Beka.

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Bobd29 said:

Thanks, can’t imagine having your strength feeling like this….but then I am 75. Really takes it out of you, keep going Beka.

When did you first come down with it? Maybe it was more food poisoning rather than noro? Noro is viral and is usually a quick 24/48 hour event. Where as food poisoning is bacterial and can last up to to 7/10 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Nice sunny day today here in Portishead and surrounding areas, temperatures around the 18 degree mark.

Posted

Managed to eek out 19.1°C at: 16:39, the patchy cloud this morning cleared as the graph shows the sun was definitely in a better frame of mind this afternoon.

Could contain: Chart, Plot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny for most of the day. Cool in the breeze but the sun felt warm. Reached 18.5°C

• Thanks 1

Posted
8 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

When did you first come down with it? Maybe it was more food poisoning rather than noro? Noro is viral and is usually a quick 24/48 hour event. Where as food poisoning is bacterial and can last up to to 7/10 days.

Pretty sure it’s viral but it does feel a bit easier now, guess it’s effects are longer lasting the older you get. Just had a visit from NHS Out of Hours Service, they were excellent and agreed all vitals were good so should recover a lot tomorrow. Pay them more, they are worth every penny. 
Thanks for your wishes Beka, all the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Morning  All, a fine dry start after an overnight low of 6.4°C at: 04:34 has risen to 15.8°C, RH67% and light air movement from the N.

From above some cloud around with hazy sunshine.

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation, Sea, Water, Storm, Blackboard

Posted
4 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Morning  All, a fine dry start after an overnight low of 6.4°C at: 04:34 has risen to 15.8°C, RH67% and light air movement from the N.

From above some cloud around with hazy sunshine.

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation, Sea, Water, Storm, Blackboard

A change in the cloud view , as earlier the high cloud was patchy, now...

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Animal, Reptile, Snake, Plant, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation

Posted

Another day around the 18 degree mark locally, with broken sunshine. I was up around west Oxfordshire today at lunchtime (whistlestop visit to Blenheim Palace and to see a friend), similar weather there albeit slightly cloudier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny morning and late evening but cloudy for most of the day. Felt warm though even with the cloud. Reached 18.4°C

Posted
7 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Sick of peeing cloud!!!

At least it’s not literally peeing this week! Baby steps 😂

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Been pleasantly surprised by the sunshine this week. I was not expecting it given all the cloud symbols on various forecasts.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, according to the GFS forecast the suggestion was this for 9am

Could contain: Plot, Map, Atlas, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Vegetation, Sea, Person

Well that didn't happen, whilst ECM has this for later

Could contain: Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Vegetation, Sea

I want to do some painting with hammerite, but spots of wet stuff, don't produce a fine finish. Looking at the radar, there an "inkling" that something might be building, as the Satellite image shows, and as does the UKV. However by the time, they build they may well be heading eastwards (by this afternoon).

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation, Sea, Water, Blackboard, Storm

UKV

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water, Rainforest, Vegetation

The skies have darkened a tad now

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

Well, that was a fine bust, nothing going on, even the current radar suggests a light shower to our east. However, being dry meant I could get on the with the outdoor painting and others gardens based jobs, so no complaints. Even my wife said she liked these sorts of temperatures, which by the way peaked at 18.9°C at: 15:58. Anything around 20C mark she's quite happy, I keep telling her we need to move to Scotland, but she wont as the kids will be too far away, but the summer heat outbursts she hates. I cant see a way to convince her, to move north, as we both love the cold.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Just drove across the Forest through that lone cell. Got home to find the garden has had a decent drink too.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny spells at times but cloudy for a lot of the day and didn't feel as warm with more of a breeze. Reached 16.6°C

Posted

Another predominantly sunny - and quite humid - day today. Topped out at around 18 degrees, maybe a tad higher in some places.

I could see a few towering cumulus around lunchtime but they dissipated.