Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Morning,

It was a humid night spent on top of the duvet, still humid this morning if a little cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, as noted a warm one last night with the overnight low of 16.8°C at: 05:34, with a quick passing shower around 02:30 that added 0.2mm to the rainfall count this month. Currently 19.3°C, RH88% and light air movement from the SSW.

From Above, hence the reason for the hazy sunny spells

image.thumb.png.813bc5391e7d956a5bbc2c88a4cebc2f.png

On Golden sands..!

image.thumb.png.77feb09a19a9c9fd42d30360a58f2e04.png200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4798as035kbvj50qrdkc

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Not a bad day so far, had a little bank of cloud rolled in for about an hour around 9ish but sun came back and its pleasantly warm if a little gusty at times

Posted
1 hour ago, Wynn D Woo said:

Not a bad day so far, had a little bank of cloud rolled in for about an hour around 9ish but sun came back and its pleasantly warm if a little gusty at times

Unlike here where it's been cloudy this morning, and hazy sunshine this afternoon, with the temperature peak (so far) 

23.1°C at: 14:11

image.thumb.png.7e980becc28169f6ad2194965402c739.png

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely day here. Gardening this morning, outside pub lunch and they've finally fixed the car.

Toms are producing in good numbers now too.

IMG_20230811_1537012502.thumb.jpg.f8c3aafe2d584ca873ecc9b1e34df137.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

The lack of rain tomorrow looks like I shall be out watering our late raspberries, as they have plenty of small fruit but need liquid to provide the  proper sized fruits. Ah well, as it looks poor on the rain front, I might even cut the other next door neighbours hedge as it's well overgrown on my side.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

16917728995514232030745076123214.thumb.jpg.41286f450031a4d9ffa5b1145d69cf5d.jpgThere you are my new weather station . 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

It will take time to settle down apparently but I'll see how I get on with it.  

Not a bad day weather wise thankfully,  pleasant sun, breezy but warm and the veg is maturing now and the sweet peas are blooming which is fab.  Last years heat put an early end to them this year slow to get going but lasting longer.   

How is everyone else doing? 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Somerset girl said:

It will take time to settle down apparently but I'll see how I get on with it.  

Not a bad day weather wise thankfully,  pleasant sun, breezy but warm and the veg is maturing now and the sweet peas are blooming which is fab.  Last years heat put an early end to them this year slow to get going but lasting longer.   

How is everyone else doing? 

Jess has had her hair cut today. Then we went to soft play. Just got home now so taking a little rest then need to crack on with today's house work. Nursing a slight headache that wants to get worse too. Otherwise ok ... Bedroom is now empty for decorating except the wardrobe that will come out when the new carpet goes down. I need to hoover it though and bleach the mouldy windows.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Camping near Woolacombe - lovely day today! Feeling v lucky looking at the radar… 

IMG_4230.thumb.png.7cf19d1f5e251c66a092d3d15e5c2981.png

• Like 3

Posted
26 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Jess has had her hair cut today. Then we went to soft play. Just got home now so taking a little rest then need to crack on with today's house work. Nursing a slight headache that wants to get worse too. Otherwise ok ... Bedroom is now empty for decorating except the wardrobe that will come out when the new carpet goes down. I need to hoover it though and bleach the mouldy windows.

Is that the carpet underlay that is still down on the floor?

If so, to save you time and effort, pick up the underlay in one corner of the room, and brush all the rubbish under it. Nobody will notice and it'll look ready for a new top layer..

And the best bit, hubby wont say a damn word!

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Is that the carpet underlay that is still down on the floor?

If so, to save you time and effort, pick up the underlay in one corner of the room, and brush all the rubbish under it. Nobody will notice and it'll look ready for a new top layer..

And the best bit, hubby wont say a damn word!

Hahahaha. I like it. I think it still has underlay under yea. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

I'm just caught up  with all the posts it's just gone midnight and I'm trying not to wake anyone up laughing.  Just for beka I will try and find a picture of me in a dress might have to dust it off 🤣  .  

• Thanks 1

Posted

Looked like we were going to get away with first thing, but the first shower of the day is now rattling through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Grrr just put the washing on the line and it’s now raining! I had checked the radar too and it looked as if the shower was North of here. I was fooled!

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, snowdog said:

Grrr just put the washing on the line and it’s now raining! I had checked the radar too and it looked as if the shower was North of here. I was fooled!

Patiently waiting here in Poole, as they are scooting away to our north

image.thumb.png.b7d0d25796ec9a3e6bd454912c37fb79.png

Posted

A  cooler night with the overnight low of 14.3°C at: 02:19, currently 18.7°C, RH84% under mainly cloudy skies, but remaining dry with a 10mph breeze in from the SW.

From Above

image.thumb.png.99fbcb15b22d2871bd8b03be14713c8a.png

On Golden sands, a quiet one today

image.thumb.png.02c56549053e8090641d8236d7e0428e.png

Posted
4 hours ago, snowdog said:

Do-a-me. Leave it there til Monday lol

• Like 1

Posted

Broken sunshine , blustery , very blustery , the odd sharp shower .

New weather station says 24.7 C , humidity 64%  but feels much higher . 

On a couple of occasions it looked like a storm could burst into life but it didn't.  

Having a quiet day today.  

Posted
On 09/08/2023 at 19:58, Dorsetbred said:

Looking towards some rain on Saturday with showers on Sunday, here you go plants, a drink!

Saturday

Capture.GIF

And Sunday

image.thumb.png.acbc366f5f85753e18622a2eb43b38e9.png

Well that failed dismally down here for today, and tomorrow was only showers anyway. Hmm

Under mainly cloudy skies we managed to reach 20.6°C at: 14:11. In the main a breezy ol' day, so decorating won its attention.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1