Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st May 2022 onwards

Posted

Looks like some cells have popped up SW of Sevenoaks. They appear to be heading straight for Wennington, where the awful wildfire is still in progress. Hopefully they'll dampen it all down shortly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Sferics near Brighton.

Posted

Many cells will start developing in the next hour over much of southern and central England. 

Things are about to get interesting soon.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Wivenswold said:

Looks like some cells have popped up SW of Sevenoaks. They appear to be heading straight for Wennington, where the awful wildfire is still in progress. Hopefully they'll dampen it all down shortly. 

Well I mean the rainfall seems to very evaporative. It will only do any benefit if the rain reaches the floor. If not lightning hitting dry hot straw or houses or wood is a recipe for disaster and will make things worst around that area. Fingers crossed

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
3 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Sferics near Brighton.

Nowt seen on heard here a few miles to the west of Brighton. 

Edited by tomp456

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Its trying to rain in Watford. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Nowt seen on heard here a few miles to the west of Brighton. 

Showing on Blitzortung.

MAP.BLITZORTUNG.ORG

See lightning strikes in realtime nearby your area. Get free online access to maps of former and current thunderstorms. A contribution by Blitzortung.org and contributors.

WWW.BLITZORTUNG.ORG

Blitzortung.org provides lightning and thunderstorm information in real-time on maps for USA, United Kingdom, Australia, new Zealand, Europa, Africa, Asia and other Countries.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 3

Posted

This gusty wind is insane - bonkers really...plenty of convective cloud but only a few drops and abating the heat a little - now cooler outside than inside!

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the Sat images,...there seems to be a line of convection breaking out vertical through the Bristol area.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
14 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I can confirm there are clouds,

Imagine in the future where we confirm clouds have appeared and not lightning or thunder heard 🤣

• Like 5

Posted
40 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

That front is taking the absolute Swearing AGAIN!   Look at earlier, now it gets to London. Nada.  Eurghhhh

To be fair, there was barely anything reaching the ground when it passed over here. A few minutes of EXTREMELY light raindrops. Radar is deceptive in that sense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
25 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Many cells will start developing in the next hour over much of southern and central England. 

Things are about to get interesting soon.

Do you think there's any chance of them moving north into Northern England? I'm really disappointed tonight!

Posted
17 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Showing on Blitzortung.

MAP.BLITZORTUNG.ORG

See lightning strikes in realtime nearby your area. Get free online access to maps of former and current thunderstorms. A contribution by Blitzortung.org and contributors.

WWW.BLITZORTUNG.ORG

Blitzortung.org provides lightning and thunderstorm information in real-time on maps for USA, United Kingdom, Australia, new Zealand, Europa, Africa, Asia and other Countries.

I have these lightning maps on my 'Favourites'. They are very useful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm
3 hours ago, Azuremoon2 said:

an absolutely pathetic end to a heatwave, as we all expected up here. NOTHING on radar whatsoever. Very disappointing bust and once again an inaccurate forecast for Cheshire. Really don't know why they bother.

I don’t recall seeing anywhere that’s forecasted severe storms to break out? Have I missed something? Seems to be much disappointment on here for an event that wasn’t really forecast? I think they all went with possible thundery outbreaks as the cold front moves in, that’s pretty much what’s happened? I’m in the southwest and the heatwave hasn’t ended, the front passed through earlier with a little rain and convection but after that skies are clear and it’s 29 degrees. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

ECM 12z is showing some heavy thunderstorms moving from North Wales towards Merseyside and Lancashire during the early hours of tomorrow. I can't see it in any other models or forecasts so seems a strange output. I suppose anything could happen tonight. Its all a bit above my knowledge level.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
44 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

About 2 miles west of me is VIRGA, can see the strobes bouncing light of it now as one aircraft just flew through it.     I just know we are fighting against a lot, unless we are talking nocturnal cooling after Sunset and the unsettled nature of the front(s)?  A bit like the heat storms in Africa at night?

Fingers crossed. NMM is my favourite model for storm prediction 👍

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
On 19/07/2022 at 19:34, Cornishdave said:

I don’t recall seeing anywhere that’s forecasted severe storms to break out? Have I missed something? Seems to be much disappointment on here for an event that wasn’t really forecast? I think they all went with possible thundery outbreaks as the cold front moves in, that’s pretty much what’s happened? I’m in the southwest and the heatwave hasn’t ended, the front passed through earlier with a little rain and convection but after that skies are clear and it’s 29 degrees. 🤷‍♂️

I agree I didn't see much in the way of Storm's forecast.was a low risk of anything.im in Somerset and the same 30°© this morning at around 10 am.Front past with little rain and we still around 27 now.

Edited by AnvilCrawlers
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Supacell said:

ECM 12z is showing some heavy thunderstorms moving from North Wales towards Merseyside and Lancashire during the early hours of tomorrow. I can't see it in any other models or forecasts so seems a strange output. I suppose anything could happen tonight. Its all a bit above my knowledge level.

It could possibly be those cells that are just getting going around Bristol but they look to be fading on the latest returns.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Bexhill seafront, wind picked up massively, followed in by some interesting clouds. Three drops of rain felt.. almost a relief 88A21AAB-2BC7-4EF1-B6E4-4309452E7AFF.thumb.jpeg.f5f1aa1aff5c4c4ccd4c5b37cfa26b49.jpeg6FCF746F-C09C-4523-B153-C66D5E64FD7E.thumb.jpeg.5158781fa10eb616a36a1fe36da15d52.jpeg

• Like 7