Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
26 minutes ago, ModestMention said:

Yay the heat seems to have peaked here. 35.7℃ in my sheltered garden. It has levelled off in the past hour and I can see cirrus cloud moving toward my location

I'm praying you're right 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
5 hours ago, Dami said:

I somehow dosed off around midnight and woke up at 4am. Couldn't believe how warm it still felt. 

Similar, but I think I had a mild cast of heat exhaustion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
12 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Similar, but I think I had a mild cast of heat exhaustion.

I was only thinking how hot the clubs i used to frequent in my 20's and how i was fine, while a friend was always complaining how hot she was and yet when i have gone away i have found heat to make me very sleepy and headachy. I have been waking up feeling very odd the last few mornings but i think it's a bit of anxiety, because i'm worried about my family. 

Another thing is --drinking. I have never been a big drinker, i will have a cup of tea in the morning then maybe something to drink lunch time/dinner time but i find making myself drink because of the heat really hard. case in point, most of my friends would get drunk on pints, i was always on shots!  My daughter is the same, i have to keep reminding her, to the point when the school had no water she didn't drink for 4 hours because she didn't want to wait to be taken to the main block to use the loos there. One of the reason we have pulled her the last few days.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted

I hope we get a snowy winter after this, warm lovers have been spoilt over the years. Just give me one week of continuous snow and frost and I'll be content 😃

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The winter after the heatwave/drought of 1975-1976 ended up with heavy wet snow fell in early December, mid December, and mid January.

Posted

And now the storms will fail to materialise here after enduring this wretched heat,  go away summer , and stop taking the .......... 

• Like 4

Posted

only a few hours and things will start cooling down (i hope)

GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
17 minutes ago, Dami said:

only a few hours and things will start cooling down (i hope)

GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Heat building again for the weekend and possibly early next week.  Probably not as bad but bad enough for my taste. 

Noticing now the wind is picking up and blowing my sun umbrellas all over the place🤬  Will have to get big brolly in I think.  Have bought foster cats into utility to keep them cooler.  

Summer can do one for me.  It causes so many issues for me when this hot.   Roll on winter.  It can’t come soon enough. 

Only the tortoise and my sunflowers are happy.

6E5B0BE8-7D17-41DA-83B6-5187725829F2.jpeg

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 5

Posted

The cooler air is heading in here now,feels like a westerly fan as that hot S wind changed quickly to the west..

A 3c drop in temps..

• Like 4

Posted

We have reached 40c at Heathrow hang in there we can do this!

1 hour ago, Frigid said:

I hope we get a snowy winter after this, warm lovers have been spoilt over the years. Just give me one week of continuous snow and frost and I'll be content 😃

Bonus points for it being in December.👍

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
23 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

The cooler air is heading in here now,feels like a westerly fan as that hot S wind changed quickly to the west..

A 3c drop in temps..

How long have I to wait for it?  I’m getting impatient for something cooler.  Not a cloud in the sky 😢 Had to rescue a fuchsia with water as it was drooping.    The end came off the hose and soaked me, not amused!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, legion_quest said:

And the charts are already showing a repeat, albeit a less extreme performance, is coming down the pipes. 

No they are not! There's a warm (not hot) spell at the weekend, but the general picture is for a westerly regime.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Good morning Tom and Colette and all members of the Heat Haters Club.

Afternoon Katrine and all:

The current horrendous looking Meteociel, temperature chart. It's 38c 7 miles North of here, at London City Airport with the 'ole Point de Rosee, [Dew Point], at a fairly dryish 9c but would expect that to start climbing, now. 

image.thumb.png.f0eeee6b09cfc52b822e84a7f81d8291.png

Not sure my neighbours would Yours Truly wandering around in a bathing costume, frightening their children but think I will get myself a Demis Roussos style, Kaftan.

Please to report that - 

image.png.4ad95821c656124aa9367cbe5a442eb3.png

Tulip the Turbo Fan, has settled i9n very nicely and very unusually for my Wife, pressganged her into going into service, immediately.

Normally, ultra cautious Cobra Colette quarantines deliveries [apart from food], for 48 hours, and they get a wiping down with Dettol wipes, or whichever antibacterial cleaning solution, comes to hand first but not with our Tulip.

She spent Yesterday Afternoon in our Lounge getting acquainted with all the furniture, apart from trying to cool me down, when I went for my Afternoon nap. Mum Petunia [Pedestal Fan] was very worried that her newly born Daughter had been kidnapped. or got mixed up with another Baby Fan, in our Fan Nursery. 

Mum and Dad [Fabrizio Fan], were very relieved to see last Night, when she joined us all in our Bedroom. Colette insisted on having our Bedroom door open, all Night but that was quite disturbing, as Cobra Col always makes sure that Lionel Light, is always on the landing all Night, just in case Yours Truly has a fall, during a Bathroom visit. I had to keep rewetting [is the correct grammar?}, Flo the Flannel. Yes, everything in this House, has an alliterated name. Poor Flo was being dried out rapidly on my bonce, mainly by Fab, Pet and Tulip.

Little Tulip, spent all Night close to Clodagh the Curtains, and kept playfully blowing her, from side to side. Clodagh sits in front of Bethany Blind, the Welsh Twin Sister of Bethany, who is in service at the Kitchen Window. All 3 of them were fitted expertly by Blind Chris. He's not actually blind but he fits them, for Hilarys. When Chris came to fit them, Cobra Col inadvertently put her foot in it, big time.

My Wife asked Chris what his Wife, does for a living? Chris, who is Polish, replied, "My Husband is a Professional Singer".

Poor Colette looked as if she wanted the floor, to swallow her up there and then !!

All credit to blind Polish Chris, who wasn't at all put out and after fitting Belinda and Bethany Blinds, measured up our Bedroom Window and gave us a quotation, for Clodagh Curtains. He also asked us to go along and see his Husband perform in a Musical about legendary Soul Singer, Aretha Franklin, called Queen of Soul. It was being performed at the Churchill Theatre, in our home Town of Bromley, Kent. We never did get to see the Husband of Blind Polish Chris perform but if you happen to have a fitting/quotation done by Blind Polish Chris, please give him our regards. He's a smashing bloke, and will do a good job, for you.

Cobra Col was pleased to announce Yesterday, that she the first half of the Energy Crisis payment, had hit her Bank account. This is handy, as little Tulip the Turbo Fan, cost us £90, reduced from £110. Not sure if HMG want you to spend part of it on Fans but a Heatwave is energy, isn't it?

Right, it's time to venture upstairs into the Black Hole of Kolkata, in an attempt to get some post lunch, shut-eye.

I wonder if Cobra Col will transport Tulip back upstairs to join Fab and Pet, in an attempt to make the Bedroom comfortable enough, to sleep in.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 😓 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

How long have I to wait for it?  I’m getting impatient for something cooler.  Not a cloud in the sky 😢 Had to rescue a fuchsia with water as it was drooping.    The end came off the hose and soaked me, not amused!!

4pm maybe still sunny here just thin high cloud to the SW can see a clumpy cloud in the distance..

Temp is more bearable now not dropped any more since 30.8c now...

Wind map is a good guide except its an hour behind..

https://www.xcweather.co.uk/

40c reached WOW...

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And another first: the entire Top Twenty is above 100 Fahrenheit! Any devious roundups excepted.👍

40.2°c
40°c
39.2°c
39.1°c
39°c
39°c
39°c
38.3°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c
38°c

13:00 BST Heathrow
13:00 BST Northolt
13:00 BST Northolt
12:00 BST Charlwood
13:00 BST Marham
13:00 BST Cambridge
13:00 BST London / Heathrow Airport
13:00 BST Bedford
12:00 BST Mildenhall Royal Air Force Base
12:00 BST Benson
13:00 BST Leconfield
13:00 BST Lakenheath Royal Air Force Base
13:00 BST Cranwell
13:00 BST Stansted Airport
13:00 BST Holbeach
12:00 BST East Midlands
13:00 BST Cranfield
13:00 BST Luton Airport
13:00 BST Waddington
13:00 BST Robin Hood Airport

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

Enough, enough - I keep going outside to see if the clouds are approaching, but nothing yet!  My poor dog is flaked out on the floor and could hardly be bothered to eat her lunch.   I used to think I loved hot weather, but after this, I think I will embrace winter more (if only it wasn't so horribly dark all the time!).   

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too

I am so relieved I'm as far west as I am. It's quite bad enough for me here and we're nowhere near record territory... can't imagine what it's like along the eastern side of the country.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Last night I went to bed wearing a damp t-shirt, made it feel much cooler so there was no trouble sleeping. Simple things like that make loadsa difference.

• Like 2

Posted

Unfortunately we have to get used to it. We live in a warming weather, like it or not. Today's records will be very short lived ...

Really thinking of moving to Scotland at the first good opportunity. For another 20 years should be ok.

• Like 5

Posted
19 minutes ago, sarahng said:

Enough, enough - I keep going outside to see if the clouds are approaching, but nothing yet!  My poor dog is flaked out on the floor and could hardly be bothered to eat her lunch.   I used to think I loved hot weather, but after this, I think I will embrace winter more (if only it wasn't so horribly dark all the time!).   

Oh no i'm not going that far LOL! I'm still happy with a nice gentle cuddly hot of say 28c!

Posted
30 minutes ago, mathematician said:

Unfortunately we have to get used to it. We live in a warming weather, like it or not. Today's records will be very short lived ...

If a 1.1C rise in global temperatures has pushed the record high from 36.7 in 1911 to 40.2 in 2022 what will the predicted future rises bring?

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, mike57 said:

If a 1.1C rise in global temperatures has pushed the record high from 36.7 in 1911 to 40.2 in 2022 what will the predicted future rises bring?

Well, there's a limit about how hot temperature can be. Maybe we would reach 42 but that's it.

What most likely is going is that we will start seeing much longer heatwaves, long periods of temperatures constantly over 30/35 degrees, similar to what's happening in France and Spain, which in many ways are more tiring and dangerous than a hotter but shorter snap.

Just my 2 cents, like they say in the USA.