Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Clear convergence zone already. Higher temps already north of that as the sun is blazing through the humid early morning murk/mist from earlier. Feels ripe out there! 

3E22F1DF-305D-462E-8B8C-1C4663A9F888.jpeg

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

You know I thought last summer was dire for lightning storms, but this summer really has trumped the lot, it’s so perplexing how sparse any convection has been, and where they has been a towering cumulonimbus cloud there hasn’t been a single bolt of lightning.

both summers have been scorching so would have thought that the energy in the atmosphere would be primed for static ⚡⚡⚡
just very weird times, very weird

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Yes waiting for this activity coming up from the south is incredibly frustrating ....like trying to reach the horizon..all we end up with is a few spots in the air as it is all fizzling out...strange how this mid level stuff does that ....and yet with the convergence zone just to the north of us probably any good storms that do develop will also be ...the search for rain continues....

Posted

BBC Radio2 going a bit OTT regarding the flash-flooding risk for today, sure there's a chance of localized flooding but the presenter is making it out like the entire country is going to be underwater by the end of the day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
14 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Clear convergence zone already. Higher temps already north of that as the sun is blazing through the humid early morning murk/mist from earlier. Feels ripe out there! 

Just need to extend that Moderate a bit further west and I should be roughly correct then, not bad I would say considering I made this with no Convective weather input at about 7AM this morning but I don't like to big myself up, so I'll just say I got lucky because I was silly and only looked at one model run 🤦‍♂️

20220816_122143.thumb.jpg.ef505b81d13ff873cd2bb7ffd7bd4b90.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
17 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

The only thing on radar heading vaguely towards EA is a large blob of drizzle. Still, it's only 12.30pm. (bet I type that again at 16.30, 17.30, 18.30...)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Just need to extend that Moderate a bit further west and I should be roughly correct then, not bad I would say considering I made this with no Convective weather input at about 7AM this morning but I don't like to big myself up, so I'll just say I got lucky because I was silly and only looked at one model run 🤦‍♂️

You could be spot on mate...😃

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

The only thing on radar heading vaguely towards EA is a large blob of drizzle. Still, it's only 12.30pm. (bet I type that again at 16.30, 17.30, 18.30...)

That's always the danger, whenever we're in the 'zone'!😁

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A lot of pointless crud around today that really needs to clear off if anything widespread is going to occur.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Hey is there a website for this outlook? Like what does the green/yellow/orange/red mean and what are the risks associated with each category?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
12 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

BBC Radio2 going a bit OTT regarding the flash-flooding risk for today, sure there's a chance of localized flooding but the presenter is making it out like the entire country is going to be underwater by the end of the day.

Its turning out to be a bit of a white elephant for most as usual.......maybe radio 2 know something we don't 🤣 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells, snow, thunder snow, tornadoes
6 minutes ago, Liam Burge said:

Hey is there a website for this outlook? Like what does the green/yellow/orange/red mean and what are the risks associated with each category?

I'm guessing orange is moderate

Edited by Charlie Harnett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Explosive convection to my E/SE! Potent little cell has punched through the cap near Yarmouth/Norwich 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Liam Burge said:

MetO has our area clearing up between 12pm and 2pm before some monster storms look like they develop and come right over our area!

Don't lose your hope yet.

I do hope you're right!

Posted

Light rain falling...must be nearly 2 months since the last...lovely fresh rain smell..got feeling wont last long though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Thick blanket of cloud is limiting shower development here in Wales. There were some heavy showers just off gower earlier but they have moved out to sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

opinions on this

1655913.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

BRITAIN faces a 10-day thunderstorm blitz as swathes of the country brace for an ‘absolute deluge'.

o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Never On Topic said:

opinions on this

1655913.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

BRITAIN faces a 10-day thunderstorm blitz as swathes of the country brace for an ‘absolute deluge'.

o

Toilet paper...

Lightning blitz for ten days, not even America warrants silly headlines like that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Never On Topic said:

opinions on this

1655913.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

o

Ignore it. The express always over exaggerate everything

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Never On Topic said:

opinions on this

1655913.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

o

Laughable If we have 10 straight days of Thunderstorms I will change my name to the Greek God of Thunder 😂

• Like 1