Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and my favourite tornadoes

The sun is coming out atm, hopefully increase the levels of MUCAPE and get some large storms 😀

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Sky looks loaded still..

20220817_163755.thumb.jpg.3cfaabda921cf398bbbcdd881d310bd2.jpg

The suns out again the temps rocketed straight back up to 24C with DP of 21C. Nice clear slot to north east hopefully something can fire in the next 30mins. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Thundery Downpours - Northamptonshire, UK - 16 August 2022

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Whales mouth right over the Sheerness cams

image.thumb.png.7ed9f96c96670025e31eab1a9bb48ac0.png

image.thumb.png.f3eabc3847271276b1ed93f851a272df.png

• Like 5

Posted
44 minutes ago, snow raven said:

My initial hopes for today in my neck of the woods is starting to diminish as the day goes on.

Had thick cloud now for a couple of hours or so, and feels distinctly fresher and less humid.  

After writing that less than an hour ago, I've heard a rumble of thunder. Not sure if it will amount to much, but it's made me feel a bit more optimistic now.

• Like 1

Posted

Well that was quite a day! Good storm over Lewes earlier and a building near where I was appeared to get hit, think it had a lightning conductor though. Once back in Eastbourne found the main Tesco car park was flooded… 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
23 minutes ago, Thunders said:

The sun is coming out atm, hopefully increase the levels of MUCAPE and get some large storms 😀

MUCAPE is CAPE in the mid-levels, it's not going to be increased by the sun coming out, and today's storms are surface based 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, anything interesting

Looking at some models and the storms threat looks to increase next Wednesday, but it’s a long way off and of course is going change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Still raining...in the sweet spot for this CZ...just stood there and watched it come down...dont think i have ever been so pleased to see rain..pepping up again...

Posted
8 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Weird day. Weird showers - cannot work out the direction - they are moving south west but in an easterly way to the north… I think

Yep

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

One of the most frustrating days I can remember. Storms skirting just to the north, or just to the south (talking merely 5 miles each time), or just developing from nowhere above my head as they move away. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well we've had more rain in the last 6hrs than we've had in the last three months. Looking at Bordon's local weather stations widespread 40-50mm recorded today, less closer to home but still a solid 25mm from the looks of things.

Good thunderstorm as well between 3.15-3.45pm which gave the majority of the rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Been dark clouds around to the North, West and South for most of the day, but still not even had so much as a drop here.

Meanwhile Chelmsford, about 10 miles away is flooding

Posted

Lots of storms in the north of France and southern France, Switzerland and northern Italy FCBE58E2-6805-47FC-BE86-1EEA70852213.thumb.jpeg.efffb7ff3d5a48c10d3692b46cb10c1f.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, anything interesting

Small timelapse of the distant storm over Worksop yesterday, which caused extensive flooding

• Like 3

Posted

Another hot spell forecast for the end of next week that could be productive.  Also first half of September can also knock out a storm or two so all is not lost yet .

• Like 1

Posted

The storm forecast for today hasn’t given the severe storms expected the 50% severe should have been for northern France and the middle of the channel

36EBEB81-29B1-4654-ACA1-6318C62729CF.thumb.jpeg.8f33b4aa753ad8db902a681b9f00ee5d.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Just had a cracking Thunderstorm develop right over my part of the island. First signs of development around 16:30 just to our East and North East, to which then another cell went up over the North of the island. These cells then combined with one another which exploded pretty much over my head, down the East coast. Started with a posi CG, which then got more and more frequent with thunder and lightning going off every 10-20 seconds (a good mix of IC and CG's) at one point. Along with this came torrential rain with a fair few places on the island now flooded, I actually got caught in this and am drenched! 

This has now moved through, though some more cells have just gone up over west Wight which looks like they are also producing.

• Like 2