Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
Just now, Thunder Snow said:

I'm in the area expect it to correct South

This is a good thing though, if it does right? Corrections South must mean areas further south stay colder and more potential for snow ❄️?

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Jackski4 said:

This is a good thing though, if it does right? Corrections South must mean areas further south stay colder and more potential for snow ❄️?

Along as I remain in the firing line

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Thunder Snow said:

Along as I remain in the firing line

HAHA you and me both my friend.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Higher parts will get orange warning before Thursday. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Well well well as others have said a warning in force now. It looks to me to be potentially a very disruptive week to 10 days. I don't think Thurs into Friday will be the only and last chance either as the cold and warm air masses battle it out not far from us after that.

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
5 hours ago, pip22 said:

Not expecting much this upcoming cold period. Its probably gonna stay dry all the way through here, expecting to be another dry week in my neck of the woods.

Ready for summer TBH. 

Speaking of Woods. We’re fast running out of logs. 🫤

• Like 2

Posted

Been wet most of the day so far, mizzerable drizzle and moderate showers.  Wind started picking up 12noon and there's the start of the decline in temperature now, as noted on Airport TAF from 1pm.  Let it all begin.😁

Could contain: Scoreboard, Chart

Edited by Rush2112
Missed info
  • Like 5

Posted

Very interesting that the met office has now upgraded most of the UK to yellow warning.  At what point will they move to orange in some parts!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
1 hour ago, Spah1 said:

Higher parts will get orange warning before Thursday. 

Potential of a Red Heavy Snow warning on the MO warning matrix too although think that will be reserved for higher ground further north and into Scotland where the snow could be piling up by the end of the week as things stand currently. Lots to keep an eye on. 

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
2 hours ago, Jackski4 said:

It is a very encouraging warning in my opinion the fact the warning extends into northern Scotland means there is some riggle room even if it does correct south,if the warning had stopped at say Manchester I would be very concerned.Meto obviously seeing something disruptive to issue a warning 48hrs out.One thing for sure stay out of the Mad thread because every single model run it will be a case of oh the low has moved 10 miles south and so on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
Just now, cheshire snow said:

It is a very encouraging warning in my opinion the fact the warning extends into northern Scotland means there is some riggle room even if it does correct south,if the warning had stopped at say Manchester I would be very concerned.Meto obviously seeing something disruptive to issue a warning 48hrs out.One thing for sure stay out of the Mad thread because every single model run it will be a case of oh the low has moved 10 miles south and so on.

I was thinking the exact same regarding how far north the warning extends, even if it does correct south a bit that could be even better for marginality .

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Staying well out the mad thread, they all get away with snow in the south, south east but if I went there and asked what are the chances for carlisle I'd be banned 🤣

• Like 5

Posted

It does seem the further north you are, the more chance there is for potentially a significant snow event but its one of those situations where the milder air comes in too quickly and it's a mostly rain event. I think the likelihood of it being a snow to rain event looks quite high too me. Small chance this region is the point where the low slides and the cold air wins out.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

Staying well out the mad thread, they all get away with snow in the south, south east but if I went there and asked what are the chances for carlisle I'd be banned 🤣

One of the friendliest weather forums in the world 😆😆

• Like 3

Posted

Went out this morning at 9qm car was reading 7c.  Just been out at 3.30pm and we are falling . Standing at 5.5c  rain passed with sunshine so cold front past here heading south

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snow to rain Thursday/Friday. Expect the snow line to nudge north. Might get a slushy deposit but milder air is behind the front. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A period of sleet/ snow on Thurs still on the 12z but transient the further south you are as a more rounded low drags up milder air quicker. Just one of many variations. Pennines probably will be hit hard. 

• Like 2

Posted

Or correct it selves further northwards, the initial cold plunge is not getting as far south and west on each GFS run I notice so maybe that's another factor why the cold is not hanging on no matter how hard it tries.

Still a bit of time for the details to change though of course.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Might not happen as we know how these models can often exaggerate amounts but have to say I've not seen this amount of *projected* snowfall on the map since at least the 2018 BFTE. Glossop crew you could be looking at over a foot of snow come Friday. Other areas such as Tameside, Oldham, Rochdale, Bolton, Bury and east Lancs also getting an absolute tonking.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

The latest from the GFS & UKMO...

Thursday

GFS

Could contain: Ball, Bowling, Bowling Ball, Leisure Activities, Sport, Sphere, Clothing, Hardhat, Helmet

UKMO

Could contain: Ball, Bowling, Bowling Ball, Leisure Activities, Sport

💩💩💩

• Like 6