Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Warmest day of the year here, current temperature 23.9C, with wall to wall sunshine all day. Not a record that will last for long though, once the blow torch arrives tomorrow.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
8 hours ago, seasider said:

Hi bud, we had Daikin air con installed in our and the lads bedroom last June, was also worried about the noise produced as a shift worker, but found it to be quieter than a regular fan, and on sleep mode, don't hear it at all. Me and the missus are both light sleepers, and it has been a godsend, keeping the room between 16/18 °C when all my work collegues are cooking ❄️😁😉

Haha thanks a lot mate that sounds ideal. Will look into getting one installed 👍 

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, dodge said:

Yes really is quite gusty here again  today...warm & sunny but a bit irritating when cycling head into it...or trying to pin down any outdoor food accompaniments if your going al fresco.  Might ease offa bit tomorrow

Hopefully 🙏 🤞 wind will die down for tomorrow as bbqing for 10-15 peeps couple of hours before kick off tomorrow 🤞🙏

Had branches come off pine trees overnight with what supposedly were 40mph plus gusts…  

much warmer this afternoon than recently 23c but feels hot out there today… will the magic 30c be breached tomorrow? The ground is as dry and hard as… 

• Like 8

Posted

Maxed out at 24.2C here today and certainly felt very warm out. We're likely to get very close to 30C tomorrow, but will depend on how much cloud cover bubbles up in the afternoon. I'm not planning any energetic outdoor activities tomorrow, that's for sure 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Off in the morning for a few days by the sea in East Anglia and looking at the forecast, we couldn’t have timed it better.

I’m not bothered about missing the storms forecast for our region and will gladly take warm sunshine and sea breezes without the oppressive heat further inland.

for those who want the storms🤞

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
17 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Off in the morning for a few days by the sea in East Anglia and looking at the forecast, we couldn’t have timed it better.

I’m not bothered about missing the storms forecast for our region and will gladly take warm sunshine and sea breezes without the oppressive heat further inland.

for those who want the storms🤞

Tbh not wanting storms for my cousins outdoor wedding ceremony either ,lol

• Like 6

Posted

Out around Kettleshulme this afternoon after clocking off half-day Friday and despite the Easterly gusting across the tops it's been significantly more humid with strong UV strength to the sun than experienced over the previous few weeks, watercourses are low to non-existent in some areas and any storms we do get over the next few days are going to be a welcome relief.

Even the smaller garden birds are less timid than usual and diving straight to the bird-bath for fresh water, usually they'd be holding back until it was quiet in the garden.

• Like 7

Posted
5 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Out around Kettleshulme this afternoon after clocking off half-day Friday and despite the Easterly gusting across the tops it's been significantly more humid with strong UV strength to the sun than experienced over the previous few weeks, watercourses are low to non-existent in some areas and any storms we do get over the next few days are going to be a welcome relief.

Even the smaller garden birds are less timid than usual and diving straight to the bird-bath for fresh water, usually they'd be holding back until it was quiet in the garden.

I’ve noticed our resident wood pigeons have been active in garnering our attention for water ie sitting on balcony looking straight in at us 

• Like 8

Posted

Garden birds have been much less worried about our presence than usual… robins are usually everywhere when I’m gardening… but other birds are above my head, by my feet when digging, watering, replanting… they don’t seem as wary as usual…  plus the pheasant/heron/ducks seem to be much more friendly recently… almost coming in our bifold doors… must be our cooking 🧑‍🍳 🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 8

Posted
4 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Garden birds have been much less worried about our presence than usual… robins are usually everywhere when I’m gardening… but other birds are above my head, by my feet when digging, watering, replanting… they don’t seem as wary as usual…  plus the pheasant/heron/ducks seem to be much more friendly recently… almost coming in our bifold doors… must be our cooking 🧑‍🍳 🤣😂🤣😂

My cooking would send them running 😂

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Definitely the cooking. Their so inquisitive,  they walk straight into the oven. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Think we’ll get close to 30c tomorrow here in S Cheshire 28/29c depending on whether any storms ⛈  show up. Quite a decent first half of June this is shaping up to be with another warm week on the cards next week. 

Could contain:

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Certainly a very warm few days on the way. Should be a nice brisk breeze tomorrow so hopefully won't feel too stifling. Good luck City tomorrow. Like Pep says it's really important to win it to be properly recognised as a force to be reckoned with. It'll then be a bit more easier to win it again as well in the years to follow once that hurdle has been cleared.

1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

Are you feeding them Xanax? They've not a care in the world 😂

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Scuba steve said:

My cooking would send them running 😂

😂🤣

been doing the hygge thing

now stripped and put all clothes in the washing machine overnight 😂🤣

tomorrow is big day…10-15  friends over.. bbq from 4pm…. Footyball ⚽⚽⚽⚽️ 8pm-945pm ( hopefully no penalties 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Plus homemade fish and chips 🍟 🐠 yum for tea thank you my lovely husband 😎it was delicious 😋 

Bluemoon ⚽⚽⚽⚽

worked our arses off the last three weeks phew 😥 garden is looking amazing despite no rain 👌🤞👍😎

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 8

Posted
44 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

😂🤣

been doing the hygge thing

now stripped and put all clothes in the washing machine overnight 😂🤣

tomorrow is big day…10-15  friends over.. bbq from 4pm…. Footyball ⚽⚽⚽⚽️ 8pm-945pm ( hopefully no penalties 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Plus homemade fish and chips 🍟 🐠 yum for tea thank you my lovely husband 😎it was delicious 😋 

Bluemoon ⚽⚽⚽⚽

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Wow 🤩 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It's a largely clear start to the day here, one or two bits of ACCAS in the sky, as mentioned above. One thing is certainly guaranteed, it will be a roasting hot day. Fingers crossed some thunderstorms are triggered later, we certainly seem to be in the corridor of interest today.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning All.

That breeze is quite chilly at the moment with a few strong gusts.

A few clouds to my West and a slightly milky haze overhead.

All in all, a beautiful day.

Hopefully a beautiful evening post 10pm with a Blue Moon rising. C'mon City ⚽👕👑🏆🥇👌

Could contain:

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 5

Posted

Lovely clear, if slightly milky skies this am.  Great day ahead watching developments. Dew point 9.4° currently, need it to rise a little, around 12.5° to 13° ideally for thunder storms.  Please correct me.  

Still looking sporadic  and scattered throughout the region.  @WillinGlossop your garden looks stunning.

Could contain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Morning All.

That breeze is quite chilly at the moment with a few strong gusts.

A few clouds to my West and a slightly milky haze overhead.

All in all, a beautiful day.

Hopefully a beautiful evening post 10pm with a Blue Moon rising. C'mon City ⚽👕👑🏆🥇👌

Could contain:

Come on Super City ⚽⚽⚽⚽

only under 12 hours until team news 🤣😂

Excited/nervous/hopeful/ goosebumps moi 😂🤣

already 15c at 7am hopefully a scorcher 🤞☀️😎☀️😎☀️😎

16 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Lovely clear, if slightly milky skies this am.  Great day ahead watching developments. Dew point 9.4° currently, need it to rise a little, around 12.5° to 13° ideally for thunder storms.  Please correct me.  

Still looking sporadic  and scattered throughout the region.  @WillinGlossop your garden looks stunning.

Could contain:

Cheers thank you 😊 😎☀️😎☀️

• Like 4

Posted
44 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Could contain:

Dewpoints will increase during today, should be well into double figures later this afternoon. The higher they are, the more moisture there is in the air, so indicative of one of the ingredients needed for storms. Only one of the factors of course.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 2

Posted

Is this Altocumulus castellanus then?

PXL_20230610_070102020.thumb.jpg.156fd15cffb54d91e6ec5675fef2ee72.jpg

South of Pennington Flash.

• Like 4

Posted
26 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

If you miss any showers and thunderstorms, don’t know when the next rainfall will be after this. Looks dry at least going into next weekend. 

Be shocked if most places dont catch at least a bit of rain between now and Monday, you be desperately unlucky(or lucky) if you miss out on the rain/storms.

Hopefully the storms can stay away until more evening time at least, I think it's going to be quite breezy today so even if they do arrive they may not last all that long.

Edited by Geordiesnow
  • Like 2