Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - New Year and Beyond

Message added by Paul,

Please keep your posts to discussing the model output in this thread, and for more general winter weather chat please use the winter chat, moans and ramps thread.

The model highlights thread is also available for a more concise view of the model discussions. 

Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, swfc said:

Beast??? Cold flow granted but nothing exceptional tbh

When GFS it showeth rain, it's nothing but a chronic pain; but when it showeth loads of snow... It's the best thing since sliced bread!😁

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
9 minutes ago, Big Gally said:

I’m sure the 18z was showing the beast around the 25th last night. The gfs has been up and down more times than the UK food prices. Time will tell..

I missed the 18z pub run special yesterday, 4 days of early shift, but indeed it was, a little less beastly, but still has -10C T850 line knocking on the door of eastern UK

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Modern Art, Art, Outdoors

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

When GFS it showeth rain, it's nothing but a chronic pain; but when it showeth loads of snow... It's the best thing since sliced bread!😁

😁😁😁

Very cynical Ed 🙈🙈

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, MATTWOLVES said:

So far so good folks...its looks like it does become colder by the Weekend...We then seem to have plenty of scope for showers to develop,and these becoming increasingly wintry in nature..infact I think that by late this week the met may start to put warnings in place for snow and ice,coupled with strong winds! And it's at this stage that little features that ain't showing there hand right now,start to come into play.

So there's a good chance that some will drop very lucky...others will miss out,but the fact we are in this position brings the scope for suprises to crop up at very short notice.

So shall I say...it looks very interesting! 

The next big thing will be how many of you will be that excited you decide to take the plunge and run naked in the snow! It's a big step!! Do be warned you could shock the neighbours or even make the birds fall at your feet(the flying variety that is)😉

So it's a heads up from me this evening 👌

snow-funny.gif

What are those things on your heid, Matt, are you one of the Borg? 😁😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

What are those things on your heid, Matt, are you one of the Borg? 😁😁

Tatoo dude like me lol ✌️✌️✌️

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

ECM mean something like this hopefully 😬

Could contain: Modern Art, Art, Graphics, Outdoors, Nature, Advertisement, Plot, Chart

Looks like a plan but slightly unerving Ali tbh 😳😳😳

Edited by swfc
  • Like 5

Posted
35 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Eh?  Not to be taken  seriously as out in FI but a bit more than a cold flow.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Atlas, Diagram

If that comes off snow fans on the East Coast of Ireland might be sickened and looking on in envy,  as it looks to me like that the cold air won't reach Ireland. It has a whiff of something that happened about a decade ago in February. Anyway given how abysmal the GFS has been lately I doubt it will happen. I would love if it did, though, as i will be in London that week.

Edited by Bricriu
  • Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

If that comes off snow fans on the East Coast of Ireland might be sickened and looking on in envy,  as it looks to me like that the cold air won't reach Ireland. It has a whiff of something that happened about a decade ago in February. Anyway given how abysmal the GFS has been lately I doubt it will happen. I would love if it did, though, as i will be in London that week.

If (it won’t) but if this happened the cold would be on the way to Ireland in the next day or so!! 

Edited by Ali1977
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
30 minutes ago, MATTWOLVES said:

So far so good folks...its looks like it does become colder by the Weekend...We then seem to have plenty of scope for showers to develop,and these becoming increasingly wintry in nature..infact I think that by late this week the met may start to put warnings in place for snow and ice,coupled with strong winds! And it's at this stage that little features that ain't showing there hand right now,start to come into play.

So there's a good chance that some will drop very lucky...others will miss out,but the fact we are in this position brings the scope for suprises to crop up at very short notice.

So shall I say...it looks very interesting! 

The next big thing will be how many of you will be that excited you decide to take the plunge and run naked in the snow! It's a big step!! Do be warned you could shock the neighbours or even make the birds fall at your feet(the flying variety that is)😉

So it's a heads up from me this evening 👌

@Ed Stone it says Blessed over my eyebrow...i think now though i should have had Cursed 🤣

snow-funny.gif

"And i said the other day that i would be running down to the gym naked if a cold spell comes soon😄

...and WHOOSH!!!"

...thats what we want to see Si..😁

...gfes 12z looking cold for a while at least now in my neck of the woods...

Could contain: Chart

....with the control having another go at the end...now looking interesting..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Blizzards, Storms, Hot, Foggy - Infact everything

Increasing wintry potential from the weekend, and certainly at time next week. Also with such cold uppers closing in on us by the end of next week an increasing possibility now of severe cold reaching our shores from the east. Looks like the main course for this winter is being plated up in the kitchen.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
4 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

ECM and UKMO both good at 144, but also different !! 

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Disk, Art, Hurricane, Storm

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Art, Hurricane, Storm

Think I prefer ECM here.  Cold very much incoming T144:

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Outdoors, Accessories, Art, Pattern

Looks smoother to keep the cold coming, coming from the NW want it as uninterrupted as possible and avoid a mild sector.  

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

For a 7 day chart, you don`t really want this to modify the milder way. Interesting week.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Accessories, Outdoors, Art, Face, Person, Head

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
1 minute ago, Stuie W said:

For a 7 day chart, you don`t really want this to modify the milder way. Interesting week.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Accessories, Outdoors, Art, Face, Person, Head

The big green bite into the blue over Black Sea/Ukraine instead of our locale for once.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
1 minute ago, Northwest NI said:

The big green bite into the blue over Black Sea/Ukraine instead of our locale for once.

Yep, do need some Atlantic ridging or we may be too West, i.e. progress East.