Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted

I’ve been in Southern Spain until last Tuesday so I’m experiencing a comedown weather wise - I guess we might be lucky to have water reserves in Somerset at least. I have a neighbour bravely attempting mowing in the drizzle.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
3 minutes ago, Jon Somerset said:

I’ve been in Southern Spain until last Tuesday so I’m experiencing a comedown weather wise - I guess we might be lucky to have water reserves in Somerset at least. I have a neighbour bravely attempting mowing in the drizzle.

You’re welcome to Spain🤬

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 minutes ago, Jon Somerset said:

I’ve been in Southern Spain until last Tuesday so I’m experiencing a comedown weather wise

I would call the comedown a massive improvement over those temps!

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, danm said:

Sounds like we’re quite lucky here in the SE, still warm and sunny, albeit a bit more hazy sunshine than yesterday. 

You are! Even Winchester is manky today. We got our one day's sun again and then it's taken away from us. Sick!

54 minutes ago, Jon Somerset said:

I’m going on the 16th for 5days, hopefully the heat is maintained! 

If not at least I’ll be in Egypt in June for 12days - boom 35-45C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
34 minutes ago, Alderc said:

I’m going on the 16th for 5days, hopefully the heat is maintained! 

If not at least I’ll be in Egypt in June for 12days - boom 35-45C 

Its true then!!😲......enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Not too bad here in Norfolk hazy sky current temp 17.5c,..Looking rubbish here next week again, not much rain forecast but cold north or n east winds coming off a very cold sea currently…

The last few years i have smashed the 20c either in March or at least late April, been no where near that  yet. Even doesn’t look like it for the foreseeable either…

Currently next weekend looks a cool damp wash out, If it doesn’t warm up significantly in the next few weeks then before we know it the nights will start drawing in..I just have a feeling after a few years of not bad springs ( here in Norfolk ) and early summer i think 2023  may well be on the news for the very wrong reasons…

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

After a very nice *half* day yesterday, it's back to this spring's usual rubbish today. 12 °C, completely overcast all day, frequent light rain. Apart from daylight hours this really could be November - and the number of times I've had the light on by 6pm, even the longer daylight hours don't mean as much as they should. Mild nights + cool days = average overall but don't = pleasant.

As Summer8906 said earlier, a big problem is the lack of settled weather. Spring in England rarely brings extended periods of that and I do get that. But even yesterday was drenchingly wet and unusable for anything outdoors after about 4pm.  It doesn't help that (for Worcs at least) there have been several forecasts at as little as 24 hours before that have suggested 2-3 days of acceptably warm (15 °C plus), bright, dry conditions and every single one has ended up with less sun and more rain than forecast.

Barring an amazing turnaround in May, this will have been a very poor spring indeed for here, cool and dull and damp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Weirdly both March and April both ended up above average here in terms of average maximums - both by 0.1C.

Both a fair bit wetter and duller than average though, March being a disaster and April less extreme but still not great.

Posted

Appalling afternoon. 12c. Persistent rain for 2.5/3 hours. Nothing like the weather forecast of barely 24 hours ago which said a basically warmish weekend with a few showers. Just brightening up a touch now. The weather front appeared to stall over the West Midlands so we got an extra hour or so of heavy rain. How perfectly wonderful for a bank holiday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

If this forecast comes off, this will be the worst start to May in decades and will make the woeful May 2021 seem like a pipe dream. Spring 2023, the joke that just keeps on giving.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Back to dull and cool all day today, at least until now as the sun is starting to appear but what use is it now at this time of day? 

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, SunSean said:

If this forecast comes off, this will be the worst start to May in decades and will make the woeful May 2021 seem like a pipe dream. Spring 2023, the joke that just keeps on giving.

It will. I'm away next weekend...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
21 minutes ago, SunSean said:

I blame all the cold lovers who desperately wanted the SSW to happen to bring them widespread snow ❄️ and - minus day temps ...The SSW happened it didn't bring what they wanted.. but what it did bring was the change of weather patten that we are still stuck in...and where are the colds lovers now???? !!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, slater said:

I blame all the cold lovers who desperately wanted the SSW to happen to bring them widespread snow ❄️ and - minus day temps ...The SSW happened it didn't bring what they wanted.. but what it did bring was the change of weather patten that we are still stuck in...and where are the colds lovers now???? !!!

Yep, been saying this since March. The SSW, aka Self-Sustaining winter/Sudden Sunshine Withdrawal absolutely annihilated any fine settled weather. It was hard enough already to plan anything outdoors but now you have about as much chance of winning the lottery as you do planning something in the UK and the weather turning out nice. A lot of people on here enjoy damp dull conditions and that's fine if that's their jam but I'd say about 90% of the UK would describe this weather pattern since late February as an absolute train wreck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Cheer up guys, It's only weather. I'm sure It'll get warm at some point. 🙂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Weather forecast just showed the occluded front that's been slowly going over the country, saying heavy thundery rain, is there anything like that in it, as I haven't seen anyone saying anything like that about it anywhere lol.

Posted
5 minutes ago, simshady said:

25th December I heard ...

Posted
50 minutes ago, slater said:

Oh dear oh dear, bad cold weather lovers! 😝

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, simshady said:

I hope so. I just want a nice spell of sustained sunshine, not even too fussed about how warm it is. Hell I'd even take a run of 6 sunny days at 8 degrees over the persistent dull pattern lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

What is happening to this spring? After a nice day on Saturday - the warmest day of the year so far reaching 19.1c - it now looks like we won't even see a 20c before mid-May at the earliest. The latest ever 20c was 31st May 1983, it feels like it just won't happen til June or July this year, when the average high is 22-24c.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.
2 hours ago, SunSean said:

To be far I'd say it looks comparable with 2021, rather than worse.

But of course March 2021 wasn't unusually wet, and April 2021 was dry, so this spring is far, far worse than 2021.

Shades of spring 1981, as a whole, but a little worse, if this forecast is to be believed. March and May were both exceedingly wet, but April was nearer normal, in fact dry in many places. The difference being of course that we were all very much younger in 1981, if we were around at all, and life was thus generally better...

There is an old saying "All the months in the year curse a fair Februeer" (see Trevor Harley: 

WWW.TREVORHARLEY.COM

- and it certainly seems to be proving true so far this year.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1