Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 20th March 2023 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
13 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

Incredibly close lightning from an overhead thunderstorm in Warwickshire about an hour ago, closest I've seen in my life.

Apologies for the excitement there. 😂

😲

nice one,...have you a change of boxers😂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Barrowby, (nr. Grantham) Sth Lincs (200ft ASL- ish)
  • Weather Preferences: The worse the better!

Not at all, you have every reason to be exited, by my reckoning, that was less than 400 Meters away, I think you did well to keep the blue words at bay, personally!

Nice capture.

Edit: I have no idea how to delete this post, I've looked everywhere, it's beyond me, Apologies for the double post, please delete this.

Edited by Gazarhya
I have no idea how to delete this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Azure Sky

Convection bubbling away nearby, up to 19.3C here today

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The worse the better!
19 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

Incredibly close lightning from an overhead thunderstorm in Warwickshire about an hour ago, closest I've seen in my life.

Apologies for the excitement there. 😂

Not at all, you have every reason to be exited, by my reckoning, that was less than 400 Meters away, I think you did well to keep the blue words at bay, personally!

Nice capture.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Just had a couple of brown-trouser-close strikes here near romsey 😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

Pretty much all the strikes were far away and that one came out of nowhere so I thought the storm wouldn't end up moving that close, was also fairly close to a forest about a stone's throw to the left of me. 

I will admit wasn't the safest of things I've done there. 

I've done something similar, I was storm chasing with a friend along the A1 a couple years back and I needed to take a leak, so we pulled over in a lay by near a farmer's field. I'm mid stream and my entire field of view just goes purple, and instantly I could hear the loudest bang I've ever heard. I thought I'd exploded 🤣 

• Like 1

Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Sign, Symbol, Road Sign, CarHuge line of CBs to my north. By far the most impressive convection of the year. 

This is the beast over Salisbury currently. 

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
1 minute ago, Eagle Eye said:

Another good day so far. Still a while to go.

Could contain: Plot, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Atlas, Sea, Water, Rainforest, Shoreline

May snow for the south/south-east, a bit late in the year, ain't it?

• Like 1

Posted

Back building. Full over head storm now. Lots of flashing - big cracks. One took out the internet! Only just got back on. It's not been like this years!!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, anything interesting
1 minute ago, Eagle Eye said:

Another good day so far. Still a while to go.

Could contain: Plot, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Atlas, Sea, Water, Rainforest, Shoreline

It’s a tad frustrating when you’re just a bit too north. Can’t really complain though after having that monster storm last Friday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Not a minute has gone by in the last couple of hours without the sound of booming thunder! This is nuts. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I’ve lost the nice view to the north as a load of mist has suddenly come in off the sea. It was looking nice still before then though as it has done for a lot of the afternoon. Still dry here. 

Same here. Dry here so far today and seen distant cb anvils well inland, but now low stratus has blown in obscuring the rest of the sky; I would have thought that it is lifted sea fog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms lightning thunder
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Back building. Full over head storm now. Lots of flashing - big cracks. One took out the internet! Only just got back on. It's not been like this years!!

From here I can see a odd flash now and again, wish I was in Winchester right now 

• Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Just had a couple of brown-trouser-close strikes here near romsey 😬

Me too! LOL Took the internet out. The kids were across the road in the park and just heard loads of screaming with every crack lol

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Phew !!! What a storm...just finished a gardening job and it came ...crashing in...torrents of rain and hail ...shotgun thunder...got to be the best storm i have witnessed for many years (even better than October last year although that had more thunder) ...dumped 20 mm in 30 mins...thing was it developed so quickly once it got.going...and we're not finished yet...

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Architecture, Building, Shelter, Housing, House, Roof, Neighborhood

Bugger missed that. Am at work in Gerrards Cross, where it's just hosing it down, no T & L.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sam jackson88 said:

From here I can see a odd flash now and again, wish I was in Winchester right now 

It's mental mate! Honestly all we have had for years is close shaves and it just passing by. This one is a direct hit. Not had for years. Long over due! Excellent start to the season!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC

@Eagle Eye On a serious note, have you noticed how the mass of the thunderstorms that started from the west is now interacting with the system from the south? Is this part of the warning, do you think? I have noticed the storms are moving slower and in somewhat a different direction, or not moving at all.

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 1