Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted

From today until the 18th now, lots of golf in the sun. Perfect conditions for hitting long and not getting cold, achy and stiff and just the weather breaks down here I’m off to Malaga on Tuesday house hunting. Very exciting times. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Finally get a day off 2moz to enjoy this spell of Summer weather and now the forecast have decided to say it will be mostly cloudy. I wonder who out there I have aggravated so much that they decided to put a curse on me! At least Saturday is still looking good....for now...

Id planned to be out enjoying the sun tomorrow but I’ve just seen the same. Met Office going with cloudy & BBC going with clear blue skies - BBC had it right on Sunday so fingers crossed.

The UKV doesn’t look too convincing unfortunately though, showing cloud cover too 😠

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
4 minutes ago, WheresTheSnow said:

Id planned to be out enjoying the sun tomorrow but I’ve just seen the same. Met Office going with cloudy & BBC going with clear blue skies - BBC had it right on Sunday so fingers crossed.

The UKV doesn’t look too convincing unfortunately though, showing cloud cover too 😠

I tend to find BBC are way over optimistic and Met Office are slightly pessimistic so I would snatch someone's hand off if 8 hours of sunshine out of 12 for tomorrow was offered to me right now. Unfortunately, I noticed Sunday has more cloud cropping up for the late afternoon too which will probably mean most of the day gets eaten away by cloud by this time tomorrow lol. I should try to stay more optimistic but I've been burned so much this year already haha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Plenty of places in the south west stayed above 20C overnight, given the truncated daylight hours it’s really very nice with the windows open and a warm breeze coming in. Can’t understand the moaning. 

Try sleeping in a bed room where it didn't drop below 29, and don't even dare suggest air con, if I could afford it I'd have it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Plenty of places in the south west stayed above 20C overnight, given the truncated daylight hours it’s really very nice with the windows open and a warm breeze coming in. Can’t understand the moaning. 

Perhaps a bit of perspective and understanding is required?

It's great that you are finally happy after you have, ironically, spent most of the summer moaning, but remember a lot of people don't like the heat. Also, a lot of people have medical conditions which the heat exacerbates.

Hopefully this helps you gain a little understanding and you can learn to be a little more accepting of those who feel differently to you.

You have waited all summer for this, go and enjoy it while it lasts because autumn is on the way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I thought heat makes people sleepy because the body is working hard to cool down. I slept like a log. I can't sleep when it's freezing cold because I can't get warm properly. But each to their own.

So did I. Best nights sleep of the week so far. 😅

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I thought heat makes people sleepy because the body is working hard to cool down. I slept like a log. I can't sleep when it's freezing cold because I can't get warm properly. But each to their own.

Not if you also can't stop sweating, it's horrible.

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

It's great that you are finally happy after you have, ironically, spent most of the summer moaning, but remember a lot of people don't like the heat. Also, a lot of people have medical conditions which the heat exacerbates.

Hopefully this helps you gain a little understanding and you can learn to be a little more accepting of those who feel differently to you.

You have waited all summer for this, go and enjoy it while it lasts because autumn is on the way!

I agree with this in principal but I hope you keep that same energy during winter when those of us who hate the cold, dark and damp are struggling. I'll make sure to check:)

If you could also pop into the heat haters thread and tell the guys in there they should show a bit more understanding and compassion towards those enjoying the heat, that would be great.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
6 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Agreed, sat out late into the evening after a bbq and slept soundly until my alarm this morning, got down to circa 14°c overnight so not to bad.

2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I agree with this in principal but I hope you keep that same energy during winter when those of us who hate the cold, dark and damp are struggling. I'll make sure to check:)

If you could also pop into the heat haters thread and tell the guys in there they should show a bit more understanding and compassion towards those enjoying the heat, that would be great.

I hate the cold too so no problem on that front! 

The heat haters thread being titled as it is should be obvious enough for the heat lovers to stay out of there. :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
23 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Heat, cold ,wet or dry ,the human population will never be entirely happy with what the weather is......Me Included 😂

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Heat, cold ,wet or dry ,the human population will never be entirely happy with what the weather is......Me Included 😂

that’s mostly because we live in the uk which has one of the most unusable climates in the world that allows for almost zero risk of planning outdoor events without them getting ruined. 

29 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Try sleeping in a bed room where it didn't drop below 29, and don't even dare suggest air con, if I could afford it I'd have it.

I did last night, didn’t drop below 27C, 6.5hrs sleep without moving. 

• Like 2

Posted

In all seriousness, the cold vs hot debate which runs all year long is hilariously british and so silly when you think about it. Wasted energy.

I do get the feeling some members are like this though.

Could contain:

• Like 4

Posted

It's a well known fact that cold kills more people  than heat....😨

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Anything but what we have now makes me happy, my room is too hot at night is the only problem with this weather, and not being able to go anywhere, because I sweat and smell enough for snide comments about needing a bath, which I would have had just before going out.

Posted
8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Anything but what we have now makes me happy, my room is too hot at night is the only problem with this weather, and not being able to go anywhere, because I sweat and smell enough for snide comments about needing a bath, which I would have had just before going out.

It won't belong before the fresh air from the Atlantic  hits us ,the countdown has begun.....☺

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
21 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

that’s mostly because we live in the uk which has one of the most unusable climates in the world that allows for almost zero risk of planning outdoor events without them getting ruined. 

The word your looking for is varied....🤣

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Strangely, I've never heard of an Omega high before but It's already become my new favourite pressure set up lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I actually think the UK climate gets a little too much hate overall. The one thing we really do poorly on is sunshine. Otherwise, unless you're in one of the very wet places in the NW it's fine for the most part. I'm kind of happy that it's not 45 °C every summer like southern Spain or -40 °C every winter like northern Canada, that we don't get hurricanes or (big) tornadoes, etc etc.

As for right now, I quite like heat in the daytime but much less so overnight. That's one reason I prefer my heat earlier in the year, since you tend to get reasonably cool nights still. I was in Scotland in the hot part of this June and it was perfect in that regard.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Heathrow 25°C at 10AM

Another hot afternoon to enjoy 🍦😎 

lowmid.thumb.png.e1e1c8b8299dbbe46eb38aa78740e79c.png

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 2