Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
19 minutes ago, drm said:

You go out and look what happens 😂have fun 

I'd say you may get 2 or 3 more inches or more this evening 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, NorthYorksWeather said:

A few more images since we got back to Dalwhinnie. Let the wife drive the back road from a Crubenmore to Dalwhinnie for a bit of snow driving practice. Thankfully the snow was like dust and was just flying over the bonnet as we ploughed through. 

IMG_7804.thumb.jpeg.9b00f4b30564a8c3a5f0f55187751172.jpegIMG_7837.thumb.jpeg.997142dfbc21efc2f731b6f13483890a.jpegIMG_7828.thumb.jpeg.767a0e1411b6de30b7383b9056507a1c.jpegIMG_7820.thumb.jpeg.8100ba4fdbd22f864407285a02157a81.jpegIMG_7815.thumb.jpeg.9735e3374bda3ddcc0b67205f1575009.jpegIMG_7810.thumb.jpeg.3220b494fa5173128c29ad4cb739c396.jpeg

What lovely pictures

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
2 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Poor old Calum on the BBC Reporting Scotland weather at lunchtime explaining that the computer models got it totally wrong for this morning. "Complex feature", is the explanation. Then proceeded to present further computer modelling for this afternoon and evening that's all a busted flush. He must be rather embarrassed as should MeteoGroup. 

Im not sure any of them got today forecast correctly 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
9 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Blizzard conditions here now.. probably heaviest snaw of the spell so far...wow..

Get some photos posted for us poor snow starved Central belters

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

How's the roads between A90 and Banff? Deciding whether to leave early or not.  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Stav on bbc1 now with a map that shows frequent snow showers for here from now through till later tomorrow. Really dunno who programmed his grafix but I'll eat my hat if that comes off.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Jealous as all hell here. Just ootside Jedburgh and not a sausage, nevermind a snowflake 🙄

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Models seem to be getting more certain for a nasty storm hitting us on Sunday, no doubt named and warnings out for. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Jealous as all hell here. Just ootside Jedburgh and not a sausage, nevermind a snowflake 🙄

You'll have to go back to the co-op then... for sosages, obvs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
27 minutes ago, mardatha said:

I've got sausage casserole and its snawing...😂😂

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Stv news had Sean Batty saying that he expects, 30,40 or even 50cms in the Ullapool, Loch Broom area in the next three days. Don't know if we have anyone in that area but it is pretty close to Skye. Will certainly beat my 1cm.

Further ahead some signs of high pressure eventually heading to the NE by early Feb with possible Easterlies on the cards. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
53 minutes ago, tiff said:

How's the roads between A90 and Banff? Deciding whether to leave early or not.  

When you travelling? Worst bit today seems to have been South of Aberdeen as that's where most of the snow ended up falling. Mains roads are probaby fine when it's not actively snowing, I got from Alford to Westhill and back today no problem, just slower than normal, wife did the same to Keith and back. Off the main roads it's very variable, some are still quite snowy. 

Fubar news on Facebook is good for conditions on the NE roads. I checked and there's no mention of problems towards Banff, but some snowy pictures of the A96 near Huntly. It can all change rather quickly though, for the better or for the worse. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1