Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted

The pictures from further North are incredible! Great to see ❄️❄️😍

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
58 minutes ago, Eastern Scotland WX said:

I imagine the snow melt will be off the charts over the next few days for us in the north. 

A slow thaw would be preferred, last thing we need is for it to go really mild with lots of rain. 

• Like 6

Posted
56 minutes ago, Eastern Scotland WX said:

Only a couple of centimetres of fresh snow in Aberdeen fell overnight. In undisturbed areas we have been consistently sitting at around on average 4-7cm of snow since Monday morning. 

although not nearly as much snow as quite a few in here, I’m pretty happy overall despite last night under performing.

I imagine the snow melt will be off the charts over the next few days for us in the north.

IMG_2953.jpeg

IMG_2955.jpeg

very impressive for the City!

I was watching the radar on and off last night and it was weird how it "skirted around" the more easterly/north eastern tip area that had the sat/sunday dump (quite unusual for them to have more than the inland shire), but then gave a few cm's top up in the early hours , so "evening up" the total depth overall

I can only remeber 1 other time when it was like this, apart from childhood memories where I can't recal exact dates/places, where the whole of the N/NE/NW got a "fair share"

quite amazing pictures from everyone, especially catching the thundersnaw!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

A slow thaw would be preferred, last thing we need is for it to go really mild with lots of rain. 

Looking at temps on the met app, doesn’t look like we get higher 7/8° middle of next week with a feel like of 2/3/4° donuts not going to be time to get the bbq’s out again….unless you’re already one of those mentalists who uses theirs all year round lol

going by the bin top which I cleared last night we had a good 2.5-3” of snow fall last night which is amazing for here on the coast. 

wind seems to have picked up and there is powdery snow blowing around. Absolutely Baltic but a gorgeous winters day. Felt very alpine walking the dogs earlier 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

eta: I unscientifically measured 20cm on Tuesday morning, but it was likely more as that was a place it could have been lifted from in the winds (but not drifted into) , however there was one spot "top of a patio table type one" that I know was cleared as I was using it to clear my snow shovel.. there's a fresh 5cm / 2 inches on the top of this table since then which of course includes any daytime compaction/melting so overall I reckon.. epic event!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Really enjoyed all the posts and pictures whilst at the same time being as green with envy as my snow less front lawn 😂

-6 again this morning according to the car

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

Temp sitting at around -2.5c at the minute. Hopefully a chance of squeezing at least an ice day out of this cold spell 🥴

Nope! Can't even manage that! Pushed up past 1c now 🫣

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

13cm level snow now. The recent shower was fun, proper thick stuff for an hour or so. Schools shut, roads other than main roads are white for now.

Was it Saturday that we last got above freezing here? Or Sunday. 

right that's it this is too much to accept.... cmon the southwesterlies

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Showers missing North and South today apart from one rouge one around 10am...

• Like 4