Edited by Scottish-Irish Skier
  • Like 8

Posted
8 minutes ago, Scottish-Irish Skier said:

Next one incoming. 

image.thumb.png.ba367777fcdb96120b5441a326430687.png

EDIT. Jeezo.

5ee6dc89-358b-4ea8-a756-dc0eb46bcff7.png

Haha funny but not funny. Imagine phoning the boss this morning to say you wouldn’t be in and why 🤣

• Like 4

Posted

Utter deluge of hail when driving through Hamilton 15/20 minutes ago - great sheets of it driven in on the wind with the temperature dropping sharply to 2.5C (according to car dashboard display).

A few small trees and large branches down and a collapsed security fence in evidence but saw no damage more severe than that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Lots of fences down and Quite a few branches lying about, wouldn't like to be parked under a tree in that. It seems to have been just the right speed to cause a lot of minor damage but not much serious damage to roofs etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What an absolute beast of day. Torrential downpours on a very gusty wind, and the wind chill is horrible.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

We survived with nothing worse than tipped over bins (despite them being tucked away beside the house). Spotted lots of branches and the odd tree down out on the dog walk. Still quite windy but obviously not as bad as last night. 

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, snowidea said:

We survived with nothing worse than tipped over bins (despite them being tucked away beside the house). Spotted lots of branches and the odd tree down out on the dog walk. Still quite windy but obviously not as bad as last night. 

Ditto, but the drive up the M9 from Falkirk to Stirling was interesting, lots of debris on the hard shoulder, and some tress teetering on the edge on going over near to M9 junction for Stirling services.

Facebook has some good video of the sub station hit last night, that lit up the sky blue and orange.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
17 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Ditto, but the drive up the M9 from Falkirk to Stirling was interesting, lots of debris on the hard shoulder, and some tress teetering on the edge on going over near to M9 junction for Stirling services.

Facebook has some good video of the sub station hit last night, that lit up the sky blue and orange.

I saw a big flash and thought it might have been weird lightening. It was only looking on Facebook this morning that I realised it was the sub station. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
6 hours ago, Scottish-Irish Skier said:

Snaw back oan at the ski centres.

They didn't lose that much cover with the blowtorch. 

General pattern is trending to caulder too.

t850Aberdeenshire.png

The repeated freeze thaw this week will probably lead to a better and longer lasting base at least higher up.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Ghastly day here, storm last night was nowhere near as bad as we were expecting but been to Invergordon today as hound is poorly and quite a lot of damage around there.  Driving heavy squalls today with sleet , hail and wet snow still howling winds too ug. No t sure about milder spell briefly 7.2 last night but dropping all day from about 4.3C at 9am. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
27 minutes ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

Ghastly day here, storm last night was nowhere near as bad as we were expecting but been to Invergordon today as hound is poorly and quite a lot of damage around there.  Driving heavy squalls today with sleet , hail and wet snow still howling winds too ug. No t sure about milder spell briefly 7.2 last night but dropping all day from about 4.3C at 9am. 

A friend travelled north today and reported rivers running really high - the Helmsdale and Halladale he mentioned...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
5 hours ago, Snowandrocks said:

No damage to report here but did see that someone had 2 touring caravans blow away overnight on the Suie Rd so it was as lively as it sounded at 3am. 

Still pretty blowy out there now but at least the sun's out. 

Saw that ourselves on Facebook this morning and the wife texted the guy who either owns them, or at least who's land they are on. He owns the small paddock behind our house too. No idea why he had them there, but they've been there a while and never seemed to move. Was surprised they went last night as the wind was from the south and one ended up on road, which is south of the caravans. 

Apart from that I was surprised at how little evidence of storm damage I saw on the commute to Westhill this morning. Surprised at how few Aberdeenshire schools were affected too, about 5 or 6 closed as without power, not a lot with school transport affected either. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 7

Posted
26 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Saw that ourselves on Facebook this morning and the wife texted the guy who either owns them, or at least who's land they are on. He owns the small paddock behind our house too. No idea why he had them there, but they've been there a while and never seemed to move. Was surprised they went last night as the wind was from the south and one ended up on road, which is south of the caravans. 

Apart from that I was surprised at how little evidence of storm damage I saw on the commute to Westhill this morning. Surprised at how few Aberdeenshire schools were affected too, about 5 or 6 closed as without power, not a lot with school transport affected either. 

It's because "touch wood" we are on the Lei or Lee side this time unlike Arwen or the new year wind. I mean it was still blawing a hoolie enough to wake me up at 2.45am (I hate wind!) BUT not enough to put the power out (though it did flicker lots!) or upset the bins (all other furniture long since pinned down) and most likely was enough to be blowing the trees into their roots as opposed to against them, which is what brings them down .. lets hope Jocelyn is the same, however everyone please stay safe and do not go out unless you have to x

Edited by Snoozi
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

A couple of flashes of lightning and a few rumbles of thunder from the last shower 😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

A couple of flashes of lightning and a few rumbles of thunder from the last shower 😀

Nice I didn't see or hear anything but looks like the M77 at Darnley has had a pretty bad hailstorm. Road is closed with multiple accidents. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Scotrail trains will have stopped again by 7pm on Tuesday and not run early on Wednesday 

0122scotrail.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

I've been having a play around with this, how accurate I don't know but it looks amazing.

WWW.VENTUSKY.COM

Live wind, rain, radar or temperature maps, more than 50 weather layers, detailed forecast for your place, data from the best weather forecast models with high resolution

• Like 7

Posted

There's a lot less focus on Jocelyn, but there are still some very strong gusts showing on the UKV into the west and then up into the northern Isles. Looks like the worst hits here slightly later at night than last time so it may not be the easiest to sleep tonight...

nmmukgust.thumb.webp.27c43988f123f00961bba78effe29cc7.webpnmmukgust(1).thumb.webp.9dbe5e64dd48be3b1acfdfd5291048a0.webp

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Ross B said:

There's a lot less focus on Jocelyn, but there are still some very strong gusts showing on the UKV into the west and then up into the northern Isles. Looks like the worst hits here slightly later at night than last time so it may not be the easiest to sleep tonight...

nmmukgust.thumb.webp.27c43988f123f00961bba78effe29cc7.webpnmmukgust(1).thumb.webp.9dbe5e64dd48be3b1acfdfd5291048a0.webp

I'll say cheerio to my power again tonight then. Only came back on last night at about 10pm.

• Like 3

Posted

Wild wet and windy Another dark miserable day. Even this dry area is getting fed up of all this rain Rivers are all running very high.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1