Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Looks like something developing coming towards me from Warrington.

• Like 4

Posted

Rush2019 Suspect I was under that Ian.   Hail and thunder for past half hour.   Loud nearby cracks.   Grass whitened.  Had come up from Preston where, according to the Radio Lancs commentary, during the early part of the match at Preston NE v Rotherham it whitened the pitch and soaked the players .  Storm has  raced off over the Bowland Fells.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

That cell has lasted a long time.

• Like 7

Posted

From BBC Fotball website  -- live report soon after the start of the match at Deepdale, Preston NE v Rotherham,

Sanny Rudravajhala

BBC Radio 5 Live

I kid you not, as soon as the ref blew his whistle it has started hailing and it is biblical. The sound of ice smashing on to the roof has drowned all noise out in the stadium.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Beefier showers this afternoon with a decent mixture of rain and hail but still plenty of blue sky and sunshine in between.

No thunder as far as I’m aware though but another decent convective day and pretty typical conditions for the time of year.

Thankfully tomorrow is looking better and with us actually being at home on Easter Saturday, an opportunity to spend the afternoon watching the Coconutters and a few beers around the town.

• Like 8

Posted

Had a right downpour a little while ago.  Some strikes SE of Macc, too far away to hear.  Nice show of mammatus on it's back edge.

20240329_180124.jpg

20240329_180131.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Weather-history  a staggeringly depressing stat.

• Like 6

Posted

Biblical rain and hail here at the moment.

• Like 5

Posted

Got caught up in the one and only storm for today whilst I was around Kettleshulme, I could see the anvil over Staffordshire whilst atop of Whaley Moor and was keeping a eye on it until it was almost overhead. It electrified just as it got in-to the hills past Leek and luckily I managed to find a old barn that was being converted into a garage (noone was around and the gate was locked) so not fancying my chances in the woodland around Kettleshulme I waited it out until things quietened down. 

No chance I was going up the open fields at Sponds Moor with fork lightning hitting around for 10 minutes. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

No thunder here this afternoon, but one or two hefty showers. Things drying up a bit as we head onwards through the bank holiday weekend by the looks of it.

• Like 5

Posted

Slight risk again for a bit of T and L for the western half of UK from European Severe Storms.  Parts of NW could be in with a shout again.

Screenshot_20240329_185955_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Weather-history that’s  so depressing if that’s the way it’s going may well have to consider bailing out (no pun intended) of the U.K. for a sunnier climate 

• Like 6

Posted

Weather-history 

amazing stat.  Probably almost 28 dry days on the trot up to mid June.  There must be a dry spell round the corner surely?

At least there looks to be plenty of useable weather over the rest of the Easter weekend.  Even if it is far from spectacular.

• Like 6

Posted

Lovely walk to feed ducks in Manor Park this morning… quick wonder around town… Lidl & M&S chaos… was like nothings going to open until Tuesday (like the Isle of Man did in the 90s 🙈🙈

Three crashes today on Woodhead… lots of sirens 🚨 going passed here lunchtime… 🙈🙈… 

Happy Easter 🐣 ☀️😎 weather looks good all weekend now 🤞🤞☀️😎☀️😎☀️🐣

IMG_8968.jpeg

IMG_8969.jpeg

IMG_8971.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Rain Lady Yes. Pitch did looked White. 
Hail as loud as I’ve heard on the Stadium Roof. Torrential. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

iand61 like owt like that Ian. 
Saw Pace Eggers years back in Tottington and Bury ELR. 

Old Lancs traditions dating way back. 
St Michael’s on Wyre near us had the village Tosspots 🫤

• Like 7

Posted

Yes, the rainy days have been unrelenting, sunny spells short lived.  Tomorrow looks half decent, risk of a shower.  Daughter taking me out for a few hours, hope to have a bit of a walk too, try to avoid bank Holiday crowds.  🙂

• Like 6

• April 2024 - Was it that cold overall? A look at the statistics

General perception from many is that April was a cold month, but statistics would suggest otherwise, with the average temperature for the whole month coming in just above the 30 year average for the UK as a whole. A warm first half to to the month averaged out the cold second half. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1

Bank Holiday Offers Sunshine and Showers Before High Pressure Arrives Next Week

The Bank Holiday weekend offers a mix of sunshine and showers across the UK, not the complete washout some forecasting models were suggesting earlier this week. Next week, high pressure arrives on the scene, but only for a relatively brief stay. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Bank Holiday weekend weather - a mixed picture

It's a mixed picture for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend. at times, sunshine and warmth with little wind. However, thicker cloud in the north will bring rain and showers. Also rain by Sunday for Cornwall. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather