Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

alr1970 Wow. That is crazy and alarming. Time to build an Ark. Yet, so many droughts across the world as well.

c

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

New water feature coming nicely 

20240409_133701.jpg

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 7

Posted

I dug a new pond in my garden last month. It's to be fed from the overflow from my waterbutts, but I hadn't got around to hooking it up. Just the rainfall directly into the pond has been enough to keep it topped up since then.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Wow a bit of brightness ,big deal to bloody windy ,the light nights are wasted on this kind of weather set up 

• Like 7

Posted

Yes, the wind has been a feature since the rain cleared here early afternoon, so my apologies earlier for questioning the yellow warning for wind rather than rain, although a rain warning would probably have been justified as well. 

Piece on the N W  News a few days ago about Colne FC having to play 10 games in 14 days because of the waterlogged pitches at games they were due to play. I wonder whether that is still the situation, or possibly worse rather than better. 

I see Barrow FC's game has been called off tonight due to a waterlogged pitch, and this could cause problems as the home side are still in the running for a playoff spot in League 2 and I think they now have five fixtures to complete in two weeks.

No such problems in tonight's Champions League games I imagine!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

An absolute deluge of rain here for several hours this morning through to early afternoon, dried up for a bit this afternoon, but just had some more torrential showers move through  with gusty winds. Another 25mm of rain added today. Rinse and repeat tomorrow by the looks of it, as if we needed a forecast to know that...

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Squally showers passing through  if we hadn’t had enough rain today 😆☔️ Thursday/Friday I hope stay dry we need a week of drying out weather tbh. 

• Like 7

Posted

Another miserable day weather, it has brightened up at times this afternoon, sparking off showers. Heavy rain overnight and this morning led to lots of standing water. Cold feeling, max temp 9.5 degrees.

Outlook stays very mixed, milder for a bit, but cloudy and wet at times, limited dry spells, also windy, cooler through weekend, certainly first half of April will be classed as very unsettled. 

Longer term, perhaps some colder drier conditions with northerly and easterly influences as often happens deeper into Spring. 

• Like 6

Posted

carinthian   would love to see Macc Town FC promoted again and rise out of tier 3.  Robbie Savage has put his heart, soul and personal funding into keeping a team playing at the Moss Rose.

Max of 10.4°C,  Had some really strong gusts around here earlier.  Some brightness since 7pm, nice to see but too late in the day to be of any use really.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Rush2019 Always first result I look for. I wish them well but would not like to be the manager if things don't go to plan. Nice to see Stockport County top of the table. Crewe Alex still just about in the hunt. Sad time for my old team Northwich Vics.  Yes, keeping an eye on the weather, as soon as I see a big high sat over Northern England I will rush to book my flight from SZG to MAN ? as I am looking forward to a pint of Tim Taylors Landlord and a pork pie !

C

• Like 8

Posted

What a violent morning, reminds me of July last year 😃 Blackpool beach was completely flooded today

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I’ve not opened the door yet but I’m sure I can see a bit of frost on the cars this morning.

nothing unusual for the time of year I suppose but certainly a change from the usual conditions we’ve seen so far this year.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A chilly start to the day, but overcast now and awaiting the next serving of wet weather.

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all.  Rostherne recorded its lowest temp of the month at 4.4°C last night, Man Airport min was 2°C.  Calm overcast start to the day here, current temp 6.8°C.

• Like 6

Posted

Metwatch Interesting to see the moss coatings everywhere. We have an unusual amount this winter/ spring  -- places I've never seen it before.

• Like 7

Posted

14.1mm for yesterday.  April so far 82.2 mm.  But caculating the last 31 days we've had 240.0 mm. Light rain at present and a softer feel to the day now that vicious wind has gone,  Surprised temp dropped to 2.5C last night.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
5 hours ago, toggerob said:

So much for the predictions made 10 years ago that due to 'climate change' the central UK will become more sub-Sahara by each year 😄 

Well said mate! I would like to make a list of all the predictions to do with greenhouse effect, global warming ,climate change etc , and see how many of the predictions have come true😂😂😂 Might actually take that to the climate change thread at some point and see how many excuses some people can make for all those predictions over the last 40 years ,never coming to fruition! ☺😂😃

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

ANYWEATHER  I'm glad I have more than a CSE in Science! 🤣

• Like 4

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F