Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

Look at the current radar, Lake District lost in a sea of yellows and reds, heavy intense rain, swollen rivers, it feels akin to a evening in December, horrible. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

damianslaw I just said that to my wife ,it feels like 4 pm in winter 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

iand61 I managed to cut the front and strim the jungle out back in the dry spell today. Dreading the full cut out back, grass is so long but underneath is boggy as anything. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A new day has dawned and we have sun, might be another reasonable day here.

• Like 5

Posted

Another damp crap morning  nothing more to say 😟

• Like 6

Posted

Got to 17.8c here yesterday… sun made an appearance briefly… managed five hours gardening and dried washing outside… luckily got it in before drizzle fest yesterday evening… quickly popping to shops then slow roasting leg of lamb (from farm up the road) that’s been marinated in tandoori rub… family driving up from Luton for weekend and football tomorrow ⚽⚽⚽⚽

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Almost into May on the 00z and we’re still getting hit by relentless sub -5C air, and pretty much the only place relative to our latitude being hit by strings of constant low pressure. 

There’s no end to this is there? We can’t call a 3 day blip a pattern change. More like a relief whilst the AO trends negative again and gives us the worst possible outcome to it. 

Really starting to suffer now. It’s been autumn since last July, I was hoping for some spring warmth & sunshine. May is my favourite month. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

5 o’clock and it’s still not rained, could we finally have a daylight period without any rain or maybe even stretch it to a full 24 hours.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Not much sun at all here today, quite disappointing. I hoped for a bit more. At least it's been dry.

• Like 6

Posted

A reasonable day again today, dry and better described as bright than actually sunny, temperature reached 17.7C. I would definitely take more days like this.

• Like 6

Posted

Don't worry, folks, the rain has been ordered in time to spoil tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.010dd057a7cbe0266701751f99905c96.png

• Like 5

Posted

A dull  grey day though with many shades of grey none of which were appealing and an annoying cold ish wind 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Hi all,

Getting warmer!!!

I would have normally been at Aintree now, if it wasn't for the ticket prices going from about £60 10 or so years ago to £120+ !!!! Total joke!

Hope everyone is well 👍

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Looking at other posts, it looks like the east of the region, certainly this part of it has done best for sunshine today.

With little or no wind to take the edge off things it’s probably the most spring feeling day we have had up here this year.

• Like 4

Posted

Left the gloom dank ridden NW, for a much brighter even sunnier NE right now, a brighter weekend in prospect in Tyne and Wear than the Lake District on the way, but rain will be a feature here as well, just probably lighter and more shortlived.

• Like 6

Posted

Day 10 I saw some lasses dressed for it this morning actually they where barely dressed 😂

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Day 10 I was a regular at the Aintree GN meeting, but stopped going a while ago. Far too many people there not there for the racing, too many queues for the toilets, food & drink, and trying to put a bet on. I believe it's approx £7.50 for a pint of Guinness..........was the same for Cheltenham in March.

• Like 6

Posted

HafrenLMP1 my idea of high stakes gambling is a couple of pounds each way but we usually do a couple of Haydock evening racing and music events with friends who live within walking distance of the course. 

as you say, queues for everything and and by 10pm it’s pretty lively from those who have been on the pop since it opened but if paying through the nose for warm beer in plastic glasses is your thing then I suppose there are worse ways of spending a decent mid summer evening.

• Like 5

Posted

If you forget about the couple of spits of rain I noticed at one stage early evening, yesterday actually managed to be a rare dry day but today looks like normal service will be resumed with a good chance of showers at some stage.

The day has already gone downhill with sunshine at 7 o’clock turning into cloud and murk within the hour and I can’t see much of an improvement from here on.

hopefully it will stay dry for the walk to and from the football this afternoon but with something on this morning, I just hope that Sunday gives a dry slot so I can cut the grass before the second cut becomes as bad as the first one a week or so back.

then to really rub our noses into it, a chance of snow on Monday and Tuesday.

sorry but if can’t have it in the first three months of the year, I don’t want it in month four.

Edited by iand61
  • Like 5

Posted

It's not the bright start we had yesterday. Dry at the moment, but showers not too far away by the looks of it and a bit of a murky damp day in prospect.

At least there seems the potential for a settled spell of weather in the longer term outlook.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Monday looking pretty grim,with wintry showers and snow over higher ground.Yuk🫤

• Like 4

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F