Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted

Bit of light snow earlier but apart from a few flakes on the grass there's no evidence it happened 😂 

As good as it's going to get round here I suspect before the rain appears later in the week. 

The non-winter of 23/24 continues 🫣

• Like 5

Posted

Dry here but we missed out on recording our first air frost since Jan 18th - our low was +0.8c. Better chance tonight, I think. Meanwhile I'll take the blue skies and light winds, 3c.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted

A tiny skiff of snow last night, and a heavier shower 5am ish I think left a few cm's of nice fluffy snaw. Balters and sticking around out of sun 👍

Not getting too excited for Friday or Saturday here, but inland and bit of height might be a different story! 

Back in to hibernation until sone clear potential for something that's not wet and wind 😎🙃

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Our dusting has gone, looking at the models think that's it for this winter for us , another poor one 😢 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Just had a look at our ski resort webcams , my the snow has taken a hammering in the milder weather ,been another poor season. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Nice day here. Sunny with an early frost at -2C. Feeling quite warm in the sun with a max of 3C. Currently 1C. Edit. Quite a nice sunset.

Despite at one point all the apps including the Met O saying that the trough last night was going to reach here and bring some snow as is often the case from that direction it got nowhere near and we hardly even got cloud. Things not looking so good for the mid to long term now either but I suppose there is still plenty time for change.

IMG_2662.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

The met office has given us a yellow warning so that's it, we're definitely not getting any snow. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Brilliant post as ever Kirkcaldy Weather, currently -3.3C with 6.5cm of snow after very heavy snow showerb this afternoon. Icy wind setting in this evening too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

I've been watching this "up coming event" since last weekend, I have my doubts its going to snow, for around here almost all the models are showing at best a wintry mix or cold rain...so its all up for grabs.

Amazing how its flipped back and forth this week...most frustrating.

That stubborn high pressure continues to be a bloody pain...we would kill for that during summer but once again here it is ruining the UK winter.

We are rapidly running out of time once again for a decent winter.

• Like 3

Posted

Great post @Hairy Celt

First air frost since January 18th this morning, low was -2.5c. -6c up the road at more sheltered Leuchars.

Confident we won’t see any accumulating snow here, not with a strong onshore easterly. The latest Met Office forecast backs this up with the usual ‘away from the immediate coast’ caveat.  Normal service maintained 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

The front is coming in a bit faster than anticipated it seems. -5,5C here this morning showing dewpoint of -6.4C. You'd have to think some heavy snow is on its way. When have I thought that before.🙄  Its a pity the low hangs around bringing in milder air so dont think snow is going to be around long what ever. Still fingers crossed.

Edited by Gadje
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Cold one this morning at -5c 🥶 

Might see a snow shower later before the rain spreads in. Tomorrow looks really unpleasant 🫣

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted

A frosty one here too. Meto text forecast mentions drifting snow on the hills tonight and that's for the Strathclyde forecast 🙃

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Currently -5.7C with an overnight low just slightly colder than that. Sun trying to make an appearance. 

Most forecasts, MetO, XC, Yr.No, showing a cold and snowy day here tomorrow. Pity it's then highly likely to turn to a slushy mess on Saturday. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted

My weather station has packed in for good it seems now. However the sensor inside the summer house shows -2.9.

I got a new one for Christmas so will hopefully get it up at the weekend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Bit further north with the front as mentioned. Meto have brought the weather warning for the south forward to 12pm to cover the snow moving into the far south from early afternoon.. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Ross B the warning does stress that accumulations will mainly be across higher ground (>300m). I'm struggling to see anything more than temporary slushy deposits for most at low levels through the central belt. Happy to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable of course!

Temperature up to 2c here now after the chilly start.

• Like 3

Posted

-5c start to the day snow showers to the north east over  North Sea and frontal cloud approaching from SW. Will try to post some ph0tos from yesterday later.

As far as skiing is concerned Spring is King on Scottish Mountains which means if they get a big storm at the end of February they could have good skiing till the beginning of May.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1