Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 21st February

highcliffe2

Posted

Had 3 snow showers in central London today, the best was a Mini blizzard at 330pm and drove through 2 on the way home, 5 today!!

Paul Sherman

Posted

Imagine Stratos's delight to drive out of Bruddlesford, where ner'y a flake all day (and light RAIN as I drove through the outskirts at about 4:30) and coming over the top of the dale espying a white swathe to the NW. Obviously a heavy shower passed through this afternoon: I would guess at 5 mins of blobby flakes judging by the pattern on my oil tank, giving about 5mm (no gross overinflation up here I tell you).

One or two flurries since, but expecting rather more in the small hours: we shall see.

4 heavy snow showers, 1.40pm, 3pm 6pm. Thunder and lightning 5 mins ago...

Update 3 mins ago... veyr heavy snow shower.. settled instantly 2cm max

SnowCar.gif

margate 3pm taken by a friend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
Snowing here, 11cm level and 0.2ºC

Click the link to my website, click photo gallery, then click February 2005 for a couple of photos from this morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had quite abit of snow here been snowing on and off all day plus hail showers too.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
:)   :)   :) snow flurrys in Harlow Essex  :)   :)   :)

current temp 0.7c

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can confirm that it is snowing lightly in Harlow, West Essex! A light dusting at present. :)

Edited by North Londoner

Posted

Evening all,

OK, Here in Cleethorpes it has been a mixed bag today. Sleet/Hail showers on and off throughout, no settling. However i went to Louth this afternoon (12 miles away) and as soon as i got out of the Grimsby area deep snow lying in the fields. Louth has had a good covering , but melting when sun comes out. Just had a Hail shower in Cleethorpes 10 mins ago........maybe worse to come???

Rgds

Glenn

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Another extremely light snow shower here. At 1.5C not settling.

Posted

Well, surprise suprise :) , it's started snowing here again and quite heavily - now have a good cover on roads and cars etc - long may it continue :):):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Woke to find wind direction still NNW/N with overcast but thin grey cloud.

On the way to work (11.30) sun broke through, clouds broke and very soon began to look more threatening, this was obviously when wind turned to NE.Seen this happen so many times in S.E.London/N.W.Kent when wind turns from N to NE.

At work (Bookmakers) in Croydon noticed heavy snow shower at Lingfield (Surrey/Kent borders) during racing, snow settling on the all-weather surface.

Had lightish snow shower just after 4.00 and heavier one when left work at 5.00 but didn`t settle. Croydon very built up has it`s own micro-climate, heat-island effect. Came through quite heavy snow at Norwood on train.When i got off at Anerley some snow had settled on cars.

Looks like more snow showers downwind on latest radar. Would imagine one of most favoured spots would be the Downs east of Medway towns esp. between Canterbury and Dover.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Snowing reasonably heavily here in S7. Going to play football in Dronfield in half an hour and wouyld welcome Derbyshire's lad's contribution... soon

UTB

Posted
I can confirm that it is snowing lightly in Harlow, West Essex!  A light dusting at present.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, snowing heavily in Harlow, West Essex, starting to get a good covering! The best snowfall so far this winter. :)

Posted

very chilly with an odd flake a little earlier

here is my view on how this cold will be from now onwards

currently cold and looking icey out, 0c.

sorry if it doesn't work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Right...now that i have found time to post (excitement has taken over, little time to stop and calm :) ) I have had 6 snow showers!! 3 occuring late morning and early afternoon, one of which produced at slight dusting on the school roof. The 3 heavier snow showers, falling this evening, have produced 2cm of snow.

The frequency of the showers was unexpected, but long may it continue... :)

Posted

Just had a burst of ThunderSnow!!!

Nice flash of lightening and rumble whilst snowing quite hard! :)

First time ever for me :)