Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 21st February

highcliffe2

Posted

5th shower since lunchtime, the heaviest being around 4pm, with a good dusting on the grass and trees. The flakes were large and wet, and with temperatures dropping rapidly to below freezing, I expect any more snow to freeze overnight.

The latest shower started some 10 minutes ago and is still going, I think this may be the start of the trough shown on the METO corrected 12Z charts this afternoon.

Edited by full_frontal_occlusion

Posted

moderate snow just stopped, but much darker clouds arriving looking like much heavier falls like earlier, fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

The more organised band of snow that the radar has shown crossing much of England during the afternoon has now arrived here. Heavy snowfall saw everything covered here within minutes (albeit at approx 800ft!). The snow band doesn't seem to be very wide though, so I don't suppose it will last long. The temperature here is already at -1C though, so there won't be any overnight thaw, and any further snow during the evening and night will undoubtedly settle on what's now lying.

Over to you, Hereford!

Posted

Snowing heavily here in Churchdown, Glos. - and trying desparately hard to settle! Current temp 0.6 Wind NE force 3.

Edit 18:40 - now just a wet mess... :blink:

Edited by 7andY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just had a heavy snow/hail storm(18.00).............seems to have stopped now,lots of heavy looking cloud about now so fingers crossed!

Posted
Borehamwood.. just inside M25 N London

A little odd.. up now to 2.1oC from 1.9oC.. car was registering -0.5.... :blink:   :D

Anyway.. pressure has fallen away to 992..

Humidity 79%..

I though it would be colder than this... it was yesterday

Any thoughts??  :D   :D

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AND>>> It is now Snowing..... as I gaze out at lamposts..

:D:D Strange Day isn't it??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few light snow flurries this morning followed by a couple of more meaningful showers this afternoon. 1 cm lying since 1630.

No snow falling here at present but a large bank of cumulonimbus appear to be giving heavy snow showers 4-7 miles east of here.

T.M

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Another light snow shower. Temp around 1C but not settling.

Posted

Snowing again here now - looks like the band of cloud I referred to on the radar on the northern edge of the low coming from Holland has reached S. Essex and Kent :D . Hope so anyway and hope it keeps going through the night as well :blink: :D

http://www.chmi.cz/meteo/sat/SDUS/index.ph...4&obnov_index=2

Edited by neptune

Posted
Over to you, Hereford!

LOL thanks for that snowmoon, the main snow has just passed over here in Ross, Herefordshire, snow fell for about 15 mins and left a nice little dusting, hope the temp drops quickly to freeze it nicely. Another 0.5cm on the ground! :)

Posted

Currently 0c just had a few large flakes from the edge of a shower that went too my north. Looked quite bad too. Good lying conditions out there though with a nice frost on teh ground and a bitter NE wind picking up.

Also had about 5 individual snow showers today and one beast of a hail shower that did lead to temporary accumulations of around half a cm at 2.30 this afternoon.

All in all a very productive day, but I can't see my next shower yet, looks clear to the horizon at the moment.

Edited by barnety2000

Posted

ohhh lurverly its just started snowing here again, big, fat, fluffy flakes and at 0.7C it's settleing nicely

Posted

well, so far, i had 2 snow showers overnight, i have had 3 hail showers, on soft hail/snow showers (WITH THUNDER!!!) and a heavy snow showers, and all in all, i have had aroound 1cm..

should get better later on...

snowking

Posted

Good Evening.

Forecast and update:

Wind speed: 9-12KNTS

Wind Dir:NE Turning NNE

Wind Chill:-7

Dew Point: 0

Pressure 1010hpa

Humidity:100%

Weather conditions: Well we have had a further three lengthy snow showers with Hail showers in between,We just about have 1cm laying here even thought a mile away they have a dusting i guess this is for two reasons maybe because we in North Luton and because its nearley rural out here. And the second reason is that the warmth of the town center is melting a lot of the snow as it hits the ground.

Outlook: We are expecting the snow showers to continue falling through out the night it may calm a bit around the early hours but the showers may turn persistant as a reported trough from the continent moves across the region.Tomorrow we are expecting a quiet day compared with today with less snow showers and sunny intervals,Although by dusk we are expecting showers to reinvigerate as more troughs push in from the continent. Winds are expected to change to an easterly and to strengthen and this will aid showers to push right across to the west of the region,Temps tomorrow are expected to be near todays but as the easterly draws in the windchill is expected to increase.

another thought for tomorrow is that we may get more in the way of showers if we get enough convection like today which was unexpected,but this may be tempered by the stregthning easterly which will cool things down a tad.

anyways there is my take on things as i see them.

Another Luton Observation.

Posted

Snow and hail showers overnight deposited 6cms of snow!

Snowmelt during the day, depsite further, mostly light, snow showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
:) Just started snowing here in Swindon.Good size flakes beginning to settle!