Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 21st February

highcliffe2

Posted

Good afternoon

time to make my report for the day

Ill start with last night first, we had three showers of snow over night 2 of which no covering and the third overnight which left a dusting this morning.

Late morning we had two intense snow showers none of ech left any covering, then at lunchtime we had a heavy hail storm lasting about 10mins.

current conditions are that we have a vast amount of high build cloud with intermittent sunny spells. i have no dew point or temps at present but will have updates later this evening.

outlook

we are expecting prolonged snow showers this evening due to be in the area around rush hour and the snow is expected to last well into the night as a trough passes through the area with accumilations of upto 2cm will update later.

Posted

OK 3rd shower here now and it's much heavier than the last two, also seems to be more wet snow as it's bigger flakes not pellets and melting on contact with the ground. It's turned quite dark, instability seems to be improving.

Posted

Just had another heavy shower lasting 20 mins, Im just south of grape soda and what she gets I get and I count about 5 snow showers here today. This is fun. We now have huge cumulonimbus, ( thats not right I know!!) growing in the east again, this could be an interesting night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Just had a snow shower which turned to hail which turned back to snow! Snow flakes very small! Stopped now, hopefully i'll be reporting again later!

heavey snow in brentwood essex now, settling, seems to be mixture of big snow flakes and a kind of sleet?!

getting heavier very dark skies above!! woohoo!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some oddities out there. DelightUK (think I got that right) just reported rain in Doncaster on the other thread at 1C. And according to 'current weather' on this site it is apparently now raining in Newcastle at 2C. Any Geordies around to confirm that?

Ooh. Temp here is 5.8C and, don't believe it, it's snowing. No surely not!

Posted
heavey snow in brentwood essex now, settling, seems to be mixture of big snow flakes and a kind of sleet?!

getting heavier very dark skies above!! woohoo!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AT LAST snowing very light here in Medway

:)

Posted

Fairly heavy snow shower now in South Cambs - blue sky and sunshine long gone, very dark grey, heavy looking clouds for the time being.....

Posted

Right set off this morning in the Car in search of Snow, here my report.

11:40-12:10 Heavy/moderate Snow shower in Deal. Visability cut and started to settle briefly.

1310-1325 Heavy hail shower in Deal.

1335-ish Tail end of a big cloud, dropped some snow, in Dover. Missed the heaviest by around 10 minutes.

1400-1415 Heavy snow on A2 between Canterbury and Faversham. Visability poor with snow settling beside road.

:)

Posted

not strictly snow - soft hail, quite a hefty shower of about 4 minms but whitened the ground and knocked 2 deg C of the temp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Snowing here in North Walsall. Flakes extremely small but there is alot of them. Isn't settling obviously because they are to small and i think they're to wet! Not sure yet! I'll keep u posted.

Posted
not strictly snow  -  soft hail, quite a hefty shower of about 4 minms but whitened the ground and knocked 2 deg C of the temp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the Temp in Doncaster John, according to Yahoo weather it hasn't gotten above 1C all day??? :)

Posted
Some oddities out there. DelightUK (think I got that right) just reported rain in Doncaster on the other thread at 1C. And according to 'current weather' on this site it is apparently now raining in Newcastle at 2C. Any Geordies around to confirm that?

Ooh. Temp here is 5.8C and, don't believe it, it's snowing. No surely not!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Approx 70 miles south of Newcastle - neither snowing nor raining but temp fallen to 3.6 from 4.1C, DP -1.2, pressure rising.

Posted

slight snow shower on Sunday

another slight covering this morning - Monday, and now had a sharp hail shower making the ground white. How many does that count for??

regards

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

yeeeeahhhhhhhhh big proper flakes

Edited by lorraine_27

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Weird - there's rain in Doncaster but we're having a very light snow shower in Blackpool! Temp is 5C but with dp of -6C.