Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June CET

Posted

14.8°C for me, slightly above average, but nothing like the last 3 Junes. I dont really think we'll get the settled month everyone hopes for.

Posted

15.5C for me - hoping for a hot end to the month as I'm on holiday in Yorkshire then!

Posted

I'm going to go for 14.8ºc. I think the month will hold some half attempts to drag warm air up, but the jet may be too strong to allow a full on scorcher so i don't think we will match the heat of last June.

Posted

Mwhahahaha...

My plan to choose the average worked - I get a whole three lines to myself in the list... :blush:

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Summer of 95: 12C

Summer Blizard: 12.6C

Barry: 13.1C

Sunshine: 13.3C

_Mark_: 13.7C

Snowmaiden: 13.8C

Drfeelgood: 13.8C

Terminal Moraine: 13.8C

Snowprincess: 13.9C

Dave J: 14C

Beng: 14C

Glacier Point: 14C

Shuggee: 14.1C

Optimus Prime: 14.2C

Joneseye: 14.3C

Blast From The Past: 14.4C

Bottesford: 14.5C

The PIT: 14.5C

Conor123: 14.6C

Nick F: 14.7C

Jackone: 14.7C

Reef: 14.8C

The Abominable Snowman: 14.8C

Great Plum: 14.9C

High pressure: 14.9C

button-wales: 15C

Stephen Prudence: 15C

Stormchaser1: 15C

West Is Best: 15.1C

Supercell: 15.1C

Kold Weather: 15.2C

Superted: 15.2C

Rollo: 15.3C

Snow-Man 2006: 15.3C

Chris L: 15.4C

AtlanticFlamethrower: 15.4C

Icy toes: 15.5C

PersianPaladin: 15.6C

Suffolk Weather: 15.7C

Scorcher: 15.8C

Gtuk: 15.9C

Anti-Mild: 15.9C

Dawlish: 16C

Stricklands: 17C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

From my monthly discussion/forecast, I calculated an approximate value of 14.7C.

Therefore, that's what I go with: 14.7 it is.

Posted

June's got off to a good start here with a max of 22c and min of 6c. A mean of 14c, I'd settle for that throughout the month (unless it came by way of max 16c and min 12c with dullness & rain :D ).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I'd say something around 17.5C. My May CET was 16.1C and if there's going to be a heat wave near the end of the month, maybe that will perk up the temperatures a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

I think the only thing that will put a spanner in CET predictions is a 'potential' southerly blast next weekend...IF that comes off then I think a +15c is looking good bet. :D All pure conjecture though :blink:

BFTP

Guest Mike W

It's got tob be +15 already Blast, anymore southerly blasts will push it into +16 terriotory at least. Can't stand anymore of it personally.

Edited by Mike W

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Net-weather CET seems a bit low we're a degree warmer and further North. Just seems a bit odd.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The SE has seen some cooler temperatures due to north-easterly winds in the high's circulation. Even today, the warmest places have been in the W and SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

The Netweather temp tracker for June is currently at 14.3c, 0.2c up on the 71-00 average. P.Eden hasn't started the rolling figure for June yet but it'll probably be around 14.0c. I would fully expect the Netweather figure to be up around 16c in a weeks time, which would be a great start for a record setting pace but with still a long way to go before it gets to 18.2c set waaaaay back in 1846.

Hottest June in 71-00 period: 1976 - 17.0c (obviously)

Coolest June in 71-00 period: 1972 - 11.8c

Driest June in 71-00 period (E & W): 1976 - 18.7mm

Wettest June in 71-00 period: 1997 - 132.2mm

Will Stricklands (17.0c) win the June CET guesstimate comp?

AM

Edited by Anti-Mild

Posted
, which would be a great start for a record setting pace but with still a long way to go before it gets to 17.3c set waaaaay back in 1826.

And even that 17.3C is a bit off the record of 18.2 set in 1846, the hottest June ever recorded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer
And even that 17.3C is a bit off the record of 18.2 set in 1846, the hottest June ever recorded.

Ooops :unsure: ! Must have missed that one! Cheers Kev :lol: !

Posted

So far June has started off fairly warmly, I suspect that western regions could already be a good 2C above average. Just doing some quick rough calculations I estimate the rolling CET from the 1st of June should be around 14.1C. Warm daytime maxes seem to have been somewhat offset by mins in single figures.

Saying this, by the end of this upcoming weekend, I dare say we will be well into the 15C range if not getting close to the 16C range. I'll be intrested to calculate what sort of CET the 12z GFS run would give as well, i'll edit this post later and put it in here.

12z GFS comes out at 15C, suprisngly low but average mins prevent it from getting very high

Posted

Guitarnutter: -1.1C

Summer of 95: 12C

Summer Blizard: 12.6C

Barry: 13.1C

Sunshine: 13.3C

_Mark_: 13.7C

Snowmaiden: 13.8C

Drfeelgood: 13.8C

Terminal Moraine: 13.8C

Snowprincess: 13.9C

Dave J: 14C

Beng: 14C

Glacier Point: 14C

Shuggee: 14.1C

Optimus Prime: 14.2C

Joneseye: 14.3C

Blast From The Past: 14.4C

Bottesford: 14.5C

The PIT: 14.5C

Conor123: 14.6C

Nick F: 14.7C

Jackone: 14.7C

Thundery Wintry Showers: 14.7C

Reef: 14.8C

The Abominable Snowman: 14.8C

Great Plum: 14.9C

High pressure: 14.9C

button-wales: 15C

Stephen Prudence: 15C

Stormchaser1: 15C

West Is Best: 15.1C

Supercell: 15.1C

Kold Weather: 15.2C

Superted: 15.2C

Rollo: 15.3C

Snow-Man 2006: 15.3C

Chris L: 15.4C

AtlanticFlamethrower: 15.4C

Icy toes: 15.5C

PersianPaladin: 15.6C

Suffolk Weather: 15.7C

Scorcher: 15.8C

Gtuk: 15.9C

Anti-Mild: 15.9C

Dawlish: 16C

Derby4life: 16.4C

Stricklands: 17C

Michael Prys-Roberts: 17.5C

Posted

I remember June 1996 being quite like that- the general impression was of a warm month, but low overnight minima kept the mean temperature within a degree of the long-term average.

That said, I think we will need some chilly weather in the second half for my 14.7C to come off. My long-range prediction went for a chilly north-westerly spell in the third week which would contribute to that, but suggested that the first and final thirds of the month should be warm.

My estimates, as far as I remember, were: 1st-10th 15.4, 11th-20th 13.2, 21st-30th 15.5, and that's where I got the 14.7C from. It'll be interesting to compare them with Philip Eden's values as he does show the values for individual thirds of a month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Michael Prys-Roberts: 17.5C

Are you actually saying I could be the warmest location on the net-weather forum for June? That's good to know. It's got off to a good start so far this month and with temperatures pushing 27C this weekend, it will stay that way.

My laptop (source of weather stats and information) has got a screwed up screen so it is out of use, meaning I have to note down each days temperatures every hour onto a pad of paper. I will inform you of the CET around the 15th-16th.

Posted

According to Metcheck, the current CET is 13.6C, which is 0.5C below average.

Acording to Net-Weather, the current CET is 14.2C, which is 0.1C above average.

Posted

Net-weather CET now upto 14.36C and it'll certainly reach at least 15C by the end of the weekend and I dare say it'll peak to at least 16C before the cooler weather does move in, providing it does!

Metcheck is upto 13.8C presently.

Using weatheronline I presently think the CET is 14.2C, nearly the same as yesterday thanks to mins still be close to single figures, though temps in the west have been higher today in terms of maxes.

As with yesterday I think I may use the 12z run to see what the CEt would be like by the end of the run, will be intresting as this run was very warm.