Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Countryfile / Country Tracks / Landward Forecast Thread

J10

Posted

The most highly amusing forecaster has got to be good old Francis on Sky News. The man is a legend, utterly, utterly useless, its almost like he has forgotten his lines, every single time, and he clearly doesn't care either way what the weather is, his confused and world weary tone and drunken hand wafts are brilliant. He is as effective as Ulrika Johnson was on Good Morning Britain a decade ago. :drinks:

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

oooo reference of 47 made by john hammond. :yahoo:

Posted
He is as effective as Ulrika Johnson was on Good Morning Britain a decade ago. :p

Not to mention as about effective as she was on Dancing with Ice last night.

oops, i've just admitted i watched it :yahoo:

Posted

the jumper didn,t look nice who got kicked off last night!! didn.t see the end,back to the battle looks like it will get they liverly at the end of the week over the uk

Posted
A wintery week Terms like "battle Ground" and "cold Block" used. Nice jumper too.

Nice Jumper :yahoo:

Yep I agree a very nice sounding forecast IMO,

This could turn out to be one very exciting month :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Not a good forecast for us down here, rain looks likely from Wednesday onwards, which is not my idea of exciting weather.

Good luck to the rest of the country.

Posted

without any attempt at para phrasing what John Hammond said,

it was a cold week with the possibility of snow and he showed the equivalent of the Met O Fax chart for Thursday showing snow over much of the east and central areas of England into parts of Scotland. Also commented about it changing to rain in the west and south west.

I think his actual words were along the lines, 'eventually some of that snow will turn back to rain, but a very wintry week to come for all of us'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Is the Meto trying to prepare us for something? John Hammond presented a very detailed forecast predicting snow from Wednesday for Scotland and used the phrase shades of '47 at the end. The rest of the programme followed on with an article about the winter of 1947. Why I wonder, what are we supposed to take from that? :yahoo:

Blitzen.

Posted
Nice Jumper :yahoo:

Yep I agree a very nice sounding forecast IMO,

This could turn out to be one very exciting month :)

There are many outcomes to this , some of which are extremely wintery. Great forecast, but with high pressure its never clear cut. Did like the "Winter Bites Back " bit. Starwars like.... :p

Posted
Is the Meto trying to prepare us for something? John Hammond presented a very detailed forecast predicting snow from Wednesday for Scotland and used the phrase shades of '47 at the end. The rest of the programme followed on with an article about the winter of 1947. Why I wonder, what are we supposed to take from that? :yahoo:

Blitzen.

the rest of the programme I saw was about Castleton and Blue John. Did we watch the same programme?

Posted

:p Mondy! - You surprise me!

Blitzen.

Posted
Not a good forecast for us down here, rain looks likely from Wednesday onwards, which is not my idea of exciting weather.

Good luck to the rest of the country.

chin up old chap you could ramping instead of whimping, come wed :p:yahoo:

Posted
Is the Meto trying to prepare us for something? John Hammond presented a very detailed forecast predicting snow from Wednesday for Scotland and used the phrase shades of '47 at the end. The rest of the programme followed on with an article about the winter of 1947. Why I wonder, what are we supposed to take from that? :)

Blitzen.

Last week on Landword in Scotland they said they would show us pictures of a snowy winter the following week as it was such a long time since we had had one. A bit ironic if we suddenly get a snowy battleground this week. I think it is just pure coincidence if this snow event happens but it just goes to show the weather always has the last laugh !!!!!

Posted

I was very distracted by his casual Sunday sweater, but he did appear to show a lot of snow on Weds/Thurs and then heavy rain immediately after on the maps?? I thought it insinuated an eve of some snow mid/late next week and then immediate rain to melt it away the next day. Is that not whats on the cards then? I do remember the Blue John bit, lost interest during that and it's also a Sunday, and I had seven vodkas out last night..

Posted
the rest of the programme I saw was about Castleton and Blue John. Did we watch the same programme?

Scotland has Landward while England and Wales get Countryfile, and there are separate forecasts.

Posted
Scotland has Landward while England and Wales get Countryfile, and there are separate forecasts.

tks for that, so was the 1947 bit on the Scottish version?

Posted

Must have been. It wasn't on the English version.

Posted
Last week on Landword in Scotland they said they would show us pictures of a snowy winter the following week as it was such a long time since we had had one. A bit ironic if we suddenly get a snowy battleground this week. I think it is just pure coincidence if this snow event happens but it just goes to show the weather always has the last laugh !!!!!

Ah, now that explains it! I had visions of joe public panicking because John Hammond had said on Landward that this next weekend was going to be similar to 1947!

Thanks for that.

Blitzen.

Yes, it was John , and quite an interesting article too!

Blitzen.

Posted

come on Andy, he had enough to cover and he did talk about wintry and cold for all, what the lowest min temp will be is I would have thought an academic rather than an important need in the midst of that forecast.

Posted
That was better although only worth doing if countrywide snow is likely, i think we need to wait till tuesday and see how things look then :p

countyry file this moning was taking of somrthing big happenning over the uk on thureday -friday