Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Countryfile / Country Tracks / Landward Forecast Thread

J10

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Ended todays forecast with "Be prepared for thunderstorms anywhere any time for the week ahead".

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Am I correct in thinking that the 'tropical elements' that Rob M alludes to in Thursday's low (running up the Western side of the Hebrides) are the remains of TS Hannah?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Darren Bett today presented a picture of a settled week ahead - with only niggly rain and a bit of an easterly breeze across southeastern England for mid week. Good use of Atlantic pressure charts, and a competent delivery. Good to see :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well today's countryfile forecast saw the first showing of the white stuff in northern Scotland! Autumn has indeed arrived =]

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

as I've posted on the upcoming cold thread, a very well presented forecast with good use of the various charts. The only query I would have is that the forecaster, unless my deafness caused me to miss it, no real mention of the system expected to run into the North Sea past Shetland. More was made of that running down the western side.

It is possible of course that the Met O already feel that the eastern system is being overdone by the models and the western one will be more important. If so then that goes against there own currant model charts which seem to favour the eastern one, at least until T+120, so we will have to wait and see how it pans out.

Certainly one of the coldest early snaps I've seen in a long time.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
as I've posted on the upcoming cold thread, a very well presented forecast with good use of the various charts. The only query I would have is that the forecaster, unless my deafness caused me to miss it, no real mention of the system expected to run into the North Sea past Shetland. More was made of that running down the western side.

It is possible of course that the Met O already feel that the eastern system is being overdone by the models and the western one will be more important. If so then that goes against there own currant model charts which seem to favour the eastern one, at least until T+120, so we will have to wait and see how it pans out.

Certainly one of the coldest early snaps I've seen in a long time.

yes john, i was surprised by the emphasis on the feature coming down from iceland and not the more touted one to our northeast. i think, as ever with a potent northerley, they havent made up their minds, which the forecaster made clear. as usual its a waiting game but i dont expect any widespread snow event, just a lot of frost and larger heating bills. still, it's nice to see an unusually cold spell so early in the season. alpine ski operators must be jumping for joy. sorry i'm going off topic!

Posted
As I have said before I haven't seen this forecast before, but I thought it was really was presented as well. is it on at the same time of the program every week?

Yes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Is it online after? I totally forgot to get my Craven fix today. Those clocks going back I'm all out of sync.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Wet and windy week ahead with a short rest-bite on wednesday with a small ridge appearing then back to

windy wet weather by thursday, temps around normal slightly above in some places 10-13oc, typical November weather.

Posted

Has anyone got a link to the countryfile forcast? missed it today. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Has anyone got a link to the countryfile forcast? missed it today. :)

Here you go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00fm...yfile_09112008/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well Countryfile looked nice and warm for Friday! 3c for the North Midlands ;)