Cold?
IGNORED

Countryfile / Country Tracks / Landward Forecast Thread

J10

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well there was a hint of significant snowfall was it Thursday or Friday. However we all know what frontal snow is like these days a fifthteen minutes at most and only slight covering. Expecting a cool and at times wet week.

Pretty much the summary was wintry showers today, rain pushing east in the south tonight, with snow in the north, Wintry / Snow showers for later Monday, Tuesday with the chance of a dusting of snow for more southern areas into Wednesday. Further Wintry /Snow shower to follow, rain pushing east on Thursday with snow on leading edge and further north.

So the chance of snow for all at times, mixed in with rail, hail and sleet showers, settling snow more especially for hills and in Northern areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
However we all know what frontal snow is like these days a fifthteen minutes at most and only slight covering.

Nice to see you being so optimistic these days :):)

Posted
Nice to see you being so optimistic these days :lol: :whistling:

actually, i thought it looked more potent than that, and significant accumulations were mentioned, no mention of elevation, but it didnt look like your average frontal snow, looked more akin to february 07, the john hammond forecast where snow looked frontal and temperatures were forecast to similar values.

Edited by azores92

Posted

WOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

ANYONE SEE THE COUNTRYFILE FORECAST SNOW BASICALLY EVERYDAT THIS WEEK ALL THE WAY UP TO AND INCLUDING FRIDAY FOR PRETTY MUCH ALL OF WALES AND THE SOUTH WEST.

ONE OF THE BEST FORECAST IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!

JUST HOPE THEY WERE USING THE LATEST MODELS AND NOT OLD ONES

Posted

Yes indeed a very very snowy week, even today showed alot of snow graphics coming in as far as East Wales later today.

Although more rain/sleet snow midweek,snow still shown for the west all week,whether showers or persistant snow. :rolleyes:

The SE to get extreme amounts to start with. :D

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
Ahhhh man I knew I'd miss it!

Is there any way of seeing a repeat on TV/online?

BBC website and iPlayer. The Countryfile forecast should be available to download in a few hours.

ffO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.
I have just posted the forecast online to YouTube. I usually do this every week for another well known weather community.

Here's the link for those who missed it!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uzeZJUsT0UU

Many thanks for this - always forget to catch countryfile weather - perfect timing thanks

Looks good for snow lovers across UK!!!!!

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The west of NW England appears to miss out largely on the snow according to the countryfile (by virtue of being pretty much on the edge of the bands/shower bands) which is interesting rather than disappointing but I cannot wait to see how much the snow piles up in the midlands :lol:

Posted

It was pretty underwhelming for me, that's for sure, as the low pushes up it brings in the warmer air from the Irish Sea, so more likely rain for me on the east coast.

On the plus side there was a similar situation in January last year which produced a foot of snow for me, and was completely unforecasted by the Met.

Posted

Looks quite ominuous for a lot of the UK. Wednesday, thurs and friday could see more coverings of snow. And there was no mention of the mild sector on mon/tues that could turn the snow to rain along Eastern England?

Posted

A very wintry week ahead with snow showers almost anywhere.

However, particular emphasis was on this winter storm for Monday night. It's not often you see a weather forecaster looking as serious as Thomas Schafferknickers was.

Very heavy flooding in the milder air, and a severe blizzard to the north. You can't help but think this will be a bad one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Probably get shot down in flames here but I just cant see that amount of snow and as far south as was shown on Thomas S.'graphics, re. this "Winter Storm" tomorrow. I think a lot of members are in for a big let down if they think theres going to be inches and inches of snow as far south as the S.Midlands. More of a concern to me would be flooding problems associated with high rainfall totals and snow melt. I think for most of us it will be a case of cold driving rain, with a little back edge snow as we go through Tuesday.

I hope I'm wrong, mind you if its as bad as he suggested it would be, perhaps I shouldnt wish for it.

Interesting for the second half of the week, staying cold with snow showers in the north of Scotland and eastern coastal counties.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

I am a little confused. Why say rain turning to snow probably to the north of the M4, then show a graphic

clearly including areas of the West Country and Wiltshire south of the M4?

I can see snow on that chart as far south as Tuanton.

Edited by Thundersquall