Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Countryfile / Country Tracks / Landward Forecast Thread

J10

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Having missed this weeks forecast myself, can anyone give a slightly more in-depth summery for what was said? Anything wintry for Weds/Thurs?

Cheers

Posted

I missed either watching or recording Countryfile today (very rare!). What was the forecast for the West Country/Central Southern England through the week please?

Posted

As expected the countryfile forecast stated cooler towards the end of the week. In actual fact it was a good forecast, there was no over ramping with the imminent springlike weather, mainly because we are very unlikely to see anywhere getting above the 16 degrees mark, by Wednesday they showed maxes of only 11 or 12 and also they mentioned a frosty start on Wednesday and with the cooling trend, the ramping we saw 2 or 3 days back has been firmly put in its place.

I do think they should have shown the projected temps for Tuesday night - this is a countryfile forecast and is aimed at those who work on the land so to speak , at this time of year such people take added interest in overnight temps, when a widespread frost is forecast I think the Beeb have a real duty to forewarn people - perhaps they only think a slight ground frost will occur on this occasion, however, I can see many spots getting close the 0 mark.

Posted

She did show tonights min down to 1c in the west.

No rain :o As I want a dry mild week especially the first half,with no wind unusual for me to want that but there is a reason.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Bit of info for you. From next week Countryfile will now be on a Sunday evening, I presume the forecast will do the same.

Posted
why is that?

Haven't a clue, John just said at the start that this will be the last ever Sunday morning edition, and from next week it will be of an evening.

Back to the forecast, a dull and mild week summed it up really!

Hang on, I've just realised - F1! The Malaysian Grand Prix is at 10am next week. Countryfile will now be 7pm rather than 11am.

Edited by nick2702

Posted
Haven't a clue, John just said at the start that this will be the last ever Sunday morning edition, and from next week it will be of an evening.

Back to the forecast, a dull and mild week summed it up really!

Hang on, I've just realised - F1! The Malaysian Grand Prix is at 10am next week. Countryfile will now be 7pm rather than 11am.

This will be regular from now onwards. They seem to have given Countryfile the standard BBC One style make-over to turn it into something more "yoof" and early-evening audience friendly. Most of the old presenters have been sacked (apart from Craven and one of the other men) and replaced by Julia Bradbury, one other woman, and a line-up of dishy young guys. Whether the weather for the week ahead will preserve its old fashioned format or now be presented as if it were a pop video remains to be seen.

Posted

Seems strange seeing rain on the forecast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yes ,watched "countryfile" last night at its new time which does seem "unusual "seeing as it been brought to our tv screens late morning rather than early evening for more than 20 years! Its a programme ive followed since it began back in 1988, and really enjoyed its output and of course the weather forecast! :) Times have changed ,and of course the reason its been moved to a different time..... but I do feel "sadly" that it is the start of the end for Countryfile, with many ,many programmes about the same thing on our now multichannel tv world...and who needs a weekly forecast when there is news 24 and of course the internet with the best "WEATHER" information on the Planet found on "NETWEATHER" 24/7. :):)

Posted
This will be regular from now onwards. They seem to have given Countryfile the standard BBC One style make-over to turn it into something more "yoof" and early-evening audience friendly. Most of the old presenters have been sacked (apart from Craven and one of the other men) and replaced by Julia Bradbury, one other woman, and a line-up of dishy young guys. Whether the weather for the week ahead will preserve its old fashioned format or now be presented as if it were a pop video remains to be seen.

I am quite pleased they have moved countryfile to sunday evenings, as I do enjoy watching it but am often not in the house when it is on. Hopefully it will capture a new audience. Pleased they have kept the countryfile weather forecast, however,I do believe that they will still have one on at 11.50?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I like the new slot, I always seemed to miss it when it was on in the morning, though that was mostly because I'm a lazy sod and would still be in bed lol.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

It was different to the earlier lunchtime countryfile forecast which showed less ppn and more cloud.

This must of been the latest looking at the faxes which shows longer troughs,even tomorrow has upgraded with thunderstorms even in Wales.