Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Countryfile / Country Tracks / Landward Forecast Thread

J10

Posted

Countryfile Brilliant.

Cold and snow chances everyday.Bitterly cold week.Christmas day they were unsure.but looked very cold

was presented by Laura Tobin suprised it was not Rob M or Tom S ,But any forcaster with snow in it i likeclosedeyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Countryfile Brilliant.

Cold and snow chances everyday.Bitterly cold week.Christmas day they were unsure.but looked very cold

was presented by Laura Tobin suprised it was not Rob M or Tom S ,But any forcaster with snow in it i likeclosedeyes.gif

what way is ireland fairin out?

Posted

Countryfile forecast said colder from wednesday with a biting easterly wind,

Snow coming in Thursday and Friday, but how much was uncertain.....

Ended with "Just to be clear snow is in the forecast for the second half of the week"

Its our turn Swest uk under threat of a white xmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Todays Country Tracks Forecast with Lisa Tobins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsQSqu76kJk

Posted

The ECM 12z was worth waiting for in the end, it does introduce a less cold flow by the end of the week but never terribly mild and then just as quickly it becomes colder again, the less cold blip will probably occur but there is still plenty of differences between the main models to iron out with the gfs currently showing the cold continuing until the new year generally which is a big improvement on yesterday's output.

well all eyes on country file weather in a min i already seen 2 diffrent weather forcasts for the week on my local weather itv snow bbc rain for xmas day , well we see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

well all eyes on country file weather in a min i already seen 2 diffrent weather forcasts for the week on my local weather itv snow bbc rain for xmas day , well we see

I think the forecast will be very vague.The earlier one today for the week ahead was pretty rank and shows the uncertainty beyond 48 hours. <_<

Posted

I think the forecast will be very vague.The earlier one today for the week ahead was pretty rank and shows the uncertainty beyond 48 hours. dry.gif

JURY STILL OUT!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Hmmm,very uncertain countryfile.Chance of some snow showers and cold.slack area of low pressure bringing a slight easterly flow up here.very vague tho. <_<

Posted

JURY STILL OUT!!!!

It's a shame they didn't bother using the latest data, looking at some of the charts shown they were off this mornings fax charts and were using model data from the ukmo 00hrs run!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

dry and sunny given for me Xmas day, I wondered what model they were using on countryfile, dertainly wasnt UKMO 12Z, the damn countryfile weather was out of date!

but my guess for xmas day, no white one dry and less cold for crappy stafford

Posted

I didn't see the forecast, but I imagine it looked pretty good for the midlands northwards but rather pants for southern areas!

Edited by Don

Posted

I think that has to go down as the best Countryfile forecast to date for fans of snow and cold weather.

Posted

Looks pretty good for us in the south on New Year's Eve/Day. Shame it's still some way off!

Edited by Don

Posted

That is certainly the best forecast on the bbc for the week ahead I have seen since 1991. Old Thomas Sch was not a happy bunny he had to say 'snow' so many times!! Unbelievable looking forecast for friday, especially in the east.

Posted

Today's forecast is the best ive ever seen! It was a great forecast by Tomasz Schafernaker! Snow Tuesday from the front coming south, heavy snow showers Wednesday and Thursday for NE Scotland, NE England, EA and the SE, then Tomasz said "I dont want you to get worried yet, but there could be a spell of very heavy snow on Friday!"

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

That is certainly the best forecast on the bbc for the week ahead I have seen since 1991. Old Thomas Sch was not a happy bunny he had to say 'snow' so many times!! Unbelievable looking forecast for friday, especially in the east.

Was ok but for the fact that,The low pressure that the gfs shows in the channel is so far north and east?

Posted

Its just a shame it wasn't on the old maps as I think it would have been showing 3 snowflakes for Friday, something i always used to pray for!!