Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold spell - general discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Since when is 2-5cm significant?

Posted
Since when is 2-5cm significant?

Agree. 2-5 inches isn't even significant. Received 2.5 inches here a few weeks back, and although rather nice looking, it still wasn't particularly significant. Gone a day later.

Anyway, here's hoping for more of this:

PICT0007.jpg

Posted

Rrea00220050208.gifRrea00220030208.gifRrea00219870208.gif

lol. going from 'the best opportunity for snow in years' a few days ago, to warmish and crappy rain. and no it wont 'get better'. this is the last time i ever bother looking at any vaguely in-depth 'weather guess' as really no one has a clue about the weather until a day or two before. sure they can say warm or cold or rain, but thats it, and they usually fail in that. :rolleyes::D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by guitarnutter

Posted
What part of “Risk of fog, frost and snow for many” didn't you understand :rolleyes: To me it sounds pretty good, 2-5cm yes please.

Was the irony that hard to spot!

Posted

Advice: Dont spend your life analysing weather charts, its a waaste of time. Whatever happens will happen whether you know or not, and chances are the charts are wrong and you get excited about nothing. And besides, snow is a lot better when it is a suprise, rather thn you thinking it is going to snow days before hand. Also it is a lot worse thinking something is going to happen, and looking forward to it, and it not happening.

IT AINT GONNA SNOW

Posted
Advice: Dont spend your life analysing weather charts, its a waaste of time. Whatever happens will happen whether you know or not, and chances are the charts are wrong and you get excited about nothing. And besides, snow is a lot better when it is a suprise, rather thn you thinking it is going to snow days before hand. Also it is a lot worse thinking something is going to happen, and looking forward to it, and it not happening.

IT AINT GONNA SNOW

Somebody annoy you today????

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Snowing heavily here ATM.

Lucky begger!!, well Im happy with a frost tonight, Im expecting it to go down to -6C if it stays clear as it is already 3.7C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
could you take some photos if you get a chance :lol:

Hi,

See the snow cover at Sumburgh on the web-cam. Heavy wet snow in Lerwick centre at the moment.

C

Posted

The forecaster on Radio 4's PM just said that there was some 'uncertainty' in the models, but that he was giving a 'heads up' for a substantial threat of snow for Southern Britain. Wait for listen again to become available and fast-forward to the last 5 minutes to hear it.

Guest Viking141
Comma formation north of Shetland - interesting feature for you V141

http://www.knmi.nl/samenw/satrep/latest.htm

Nice one Monds, that looks set to pass right over me! I estimate the front of that to be about 63 deg N which puts it about 180nm N of me so should be here just before dawn tomorrow, does that sound about right?

Hi,

See the snow cover at Sumburgh on the web-cam. Heavy wet snow in Lerwick centre at the moment.

C

Hi Carinth, yes the showers are getting progressively heavier here as the day goes on and its starting to lie now.

Posted
Nice one Monds, that looks set to pass right over me! I estimate the front of that to be about 63 deg N which puts it about 180nm N of me so should be here just before dawn tomorrow, does that sound about right?

Again, looking athe hourly eumetsat loop wouldn't be surprised to see the feature on your doorstep come midnight