Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Cold spell - general discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Already down to -3.2°C, could get down to -7°C tonight I think :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just on the bus home and from east Wirral there was pretty uch no frost, and in west Wirral, particularly up to Heswall, there is a hard frost, mazing how a few miles can make a difference!

Posted
Wasn't the cloud cover last night just the front passing through? You should see a much lower temp tonight. Already very frosty up here, and it's still very early

It got down to -1.8c last night before then the cloud came over and lifted the temps when I looked this morning it was 2c and everything thawed.

But when I went down to town this morning it was white over trees too,it seems up on a hill the temps are not falling that low at all so far different to last winter.

The next few days should change that.

Posted
Cant complain at +12 :drinks: it has no -10 850 air into northern scotland though, despite net-weather radar overlay already showing it in scotland right now??

The bbc site has been completely updated now makes very interesting viewing

What`s BBC site saying?

Looks same as earlier to me

Posted
What`s BBC site saying?

Looks same as earlier to me

Well for the central southern areas and the midlands, rain was forecast for saturday its now either sleet or snow,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

BBC is showing heavy snow for me on Thursday and Friday, and more on saturday with maximum temps of 0-1C!! Let's hope so!

Posted

i realy do hope you all get to see some snow we have waited all winter to see a flake sadly us poor lost soles down in the SW will have to wait till next winter.. Please dont think im moning cos im not just stating a fact.. we have got a huge band of rain pushing into the SW tomorow evening so im hoping that when that moves across the country it will come up against that nice cold frount and shov a load of snow down on you :drinks: fingers x

lol kaz

Posted

I have to say that one of the main reasons I'd hope for a good dumping, if it ever happens, is that it's always great to read and contribute to the 'as it happens' type threads. Late nights, treks outside with video and stills/camera, running back to read the forums is so much fun, regardless of the extreme event in question. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Possible for some snow showers around the 'Cheshire Gap' area tomorrow morning, could give a few coverings (local), according to the BBC 10pm news, I could never have called that, apparently very localised though! These are progged to move into the Midlands tomorrow

Posted
Looks like the snow will stay south of Birmingham and anywhere away from the south coast atm.

Are you suggesting there will be no snow north of Brum then? Unlikely!

Posted

Yeah ste i saw that too, good old chesire gap..hope you get lots of snow! We all need a lift after this long drawn out summer...i mean winter :D

Posted
Yeah ste i saw that too, good old chesire gap..hope you get lots of snow! We all need a lift after this long drawn out summer...i mean winter :lol:

You mean 'Sumintering' :whistling:

Posted
I'm not exactly happy with the charts. Wintry showers are not progged to come significantly inland into north-east England; and Thursday's event (although still highly uncertain) progs the main mass of precip to skirt to the west of Tyne&Wear\Durham...leaving us with the mere scraps.

I just want a decent north-easterly. This is an over-rated over-ramped 'event' (that is still on a knife-edge).

We are never ever going to see significant snow again.

Come, come join me under my shiny new dome.

Posted
I'm not exactly happy with the charts. Wintry showers are not progged to come significantly inland into north-east England; and Thursday's event (although still highly uncertain) progs the main mass of precip to skirt to the west of Tyne&Wear\Durham...leaving us with the mere scraps.

I just want a decent north-easterly. This is an over-rated over-ramped 'event' (that is still on a knife-edge).

over-rated/ over-ramped?? if some places ended up with 20cm of level snow that wouldnt look like a good comment, how ever if they got rain all day it would look excellent, the proof will be here soon enough and hopefully for every1 it will be a classic.

Posted
over-rated/ over-ramped?? if some places ended up with 20cm of level snow that wouldnt look like a good comment, how ever if they got rain all day it would look excellent, the proof will be here soon enough and hopefully for every1 it will be a classic.

20cm of level snow is bog-standard for a hill above 1,000 foot in the north in mid-winter.

Sorry....but I fear that I will have to join Paul Tall in his snow-shielding dome, because I'm p*ssed with this winter. Especially because I live in the north-east for gods sake....with historically a much higher record of snow than anywhere else in England.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
Wed night is going to great to follow and I may even stay up all night!!.

Yes I might stay up too Dave,

I haven't really had the opportunity to play with the 5 min Radar yet. :whistling:

Posted
I hope for the love of God this doesn't happen Thursday morning.

I'm getting a flight to go skiing in Colorado Thursday @ 1pm.. Hopefully it rains.

If it doesn't, you can always ski in Gatwick! :whistling:

Regards,

Mike

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

A few snow flurries maybe expected over E. Anglia aswell tonight and into the morning before clearing, not amounting to much though. Looks a good day for North and East Scotland for continued sleet and snow showers.

Down to -5.8C at shap at 2200:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/...st_weather.html

BBC Weather. Possible snow for NW, NE & Scotland & N. Ireland tonight. With lots & lots of snow from Midlands Northward on wed night. I will tell you what, since about the 25th of this month, the models have predicted this. They need a badge for doing that! So far out into FI and they get it right...

It also showed snow for the west country as well. People are so hung up on this Midlands North thing :whistling:

Posted

I don't entirely follow TEITS' comment about satellite. Radar updates far far more quickly (5 minutes on NW Extra) and is far more accurate. I thoroughly recommend NW Extra at this exciting time. Click my link below. Go on now, you know you want to ...

Simple really Richard the radar echos don't show up in the Atlantic ocean on the NW radars. :whistling:

The radar shall be invaluable but the Sat pics will be the first ones we need to view to see exactly where this LP is and the direction it is taking.