Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold spell - general discussion

Paul

Posted

Just getting full ramp facilities ready for the younger local residents........

modular_ramp-1.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

We got up to about 10c today! :cold:

It feels warm in the sun!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The cold isn't always good, the air is humid and cold, still and there is alot of pollution here, it's impossible to breathe outside without coughing and it stinks, the visibility is very poor. It's partly due to the dust and polultion particles in the atmosphere, it's getting quite hard to breathe, I am serious :cold:

Posted
We got up to about 10c today! :cold:

It feels warm in the sun!

i can vow for that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
I'd say your neck of the woods, or rather the Great Glen would get the coldest this week?

I don't fancy repaeting some of the walks I have done there in these conditions!

I wouldn't rule out -15 completely out of the question. Especially if the wind falls light after some snowfall?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
i can vow for that

It really did feel warm especially at around 1pm ish but now its cold again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Make sure you've got one of those thick-covered tartan blankets, Pete :cold:

I think I will, Monds...It's already down to 1.8C.

Posted
Interesting that's the first time this winter that the beeb have forecast this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2105

Interesting to see whether old Everton mentions it in his no doubt anticipated and reliable forecast update tomorrow :yahoo:

5-day forecast for Durham shows no risk of showers and it has the audacity to show rain on Thursday.

Posted

Interesting to see whether old Everton mentions it in his no doubt anticipated and reliable forecast update tomorrow :yahoo:

I don't know what to make of the ECM. On the one hand, I think it's vital to have its support, and it often backs down with the GFS following shortly after. However, with the support of the UKMO I feel less like this - and remember that it has performed very poorly over the past week.

Interesting bbc forecasts indeed. Completely meaningless of course, but fun nonetheless. Here in oxford it says light snow on wednesday with temps up to min +4 max +6 (??) while on thursday it gives heavy rain, although the min max temps of +2 +7 are the same as harrogates!

Let me emphasise again though, i regard this as in no way significant, just out of interest, because i was on the site, so i thought id look.

Posted

by the way is there a great distance or altitude difference between cork city and cork international airport in ireland, because the temp readings are quite different, while the pressure reading are a bit different too

Posted
by the way is there a great distance or altitude difference between cork city and cork international airport in ireland, because the temp readings are quite different, while the pressure reading are a bit different too

similarly is there a great difference between the position of leeds airport and leeds city, because again the airport will be much colder than the city according to the bbc. what is it about airports?? and leeds has light snow shown for thursday, while its airport has heavy snow forecasted.

Posted

bbc gives the best stuff to burnley though, with light snow wednesday and heavy snow thursday. Manchester also has very different weather to its airport, according to the bbc

Posted
similarly is there a great difference between the position of leeds airport and leeds city, because again the airport will be much colder than the city according to the bbc. what is it about airports?? and leeds has light snow shown for thursday, while its airport has heavy snow forecasted.

Ignore those 5-day forecasts. They seem to be mostly wrong more than 48 hours out.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
Ignore those 5-day forecasts. They seem to be mostly wrong more than 48 hours out.

i know i know. im just having fun looking at inconsistencies in the bbc, and trying to find somewhere with more than a day of heavy snow forecast. I think burnleys the best im gonna do

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Interesting to see whether old Everton mentions it in his no doubt anticipated and reliable forecast update tomorrow :cc_confused:

I don't know what to make of the ECM. On the one hand, I think it's vital to have its support, and it often backs down with the GFS following shortly after. However, with the support of the UKMO I feel less like this - and remember that it has performed very poorly over the past week.

-10c tuesday night for dublin???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
5-day forecast for Durham shows no risk of showers and it has the audacity to show rain on Thursday.

All hinges on whether the northerly can sustain for long enough to bring that trough down from Scotland on Monday night, or the switch to more of a NE'ly late on Tuesday and into Wednesday. The ECMWF suggests that it won't; on the other hand, GFS and UKMO both show support for a more sustained northerly and good chances of snow showers in the North East.