Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Will it snow in......?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking at how things are going im going to give a rough prediction of where and what chance of Snow there will be on Thursday/Friday!

Scotland:

80% Chance of Snow

Northern Ireland:

30-50% Chance of Snow

Ireland:

40-60% Chance of Snow

North East England:

60-70% Chance of Snow

North West England:

60-75% Chance of Snow

East Anglia:

35-50% Chance of Snow

Wales:

60-80% Chance of Snow (More likely on the East side of Wales)

East Midlands:

50-80% Chance of Snow

West Midlands:

60-80% Chance of Snow

London:

30% Chance of Snow

South East England:

40-60% Chance of Snow

Southern England:

55-80% Chance of Snow

South West England:

30-45% Chance of Snow

As you know this is a rough guide so i dont mind people commenting on this but i dont want people ranting that London for example has a 60% Chance of Snow.

Thankyou.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

GFS12Z would give me 10 cm of snow on thursday, interestingly Bristol would get over 20cm.

8cm

10cm

(keeping a log of what each run would give me)

Posted
Not sure where you get your info from but based on the latest fax chart its roughly from northampton northwards that could see some heavy snow thursday morning until eventually turning to rain.

I hope you're right but I'm not feeling particularly optimistic right now. Probably the best way :drinks:

Posted

Based on fax charts and all the other models here is my snow risk map for the areas I feel are likely to see snowfall.

post-1766-1170710899_thumb.jpg

Posted
What are my chances of seeing some snow this week? :)

I live in Stoke and then on Saturday going to the Highlands in Scotland (if i can get there and the gates arent shut)

I hope you're not going on Sunday. The Highlands are always shut on a Sunday.

Posted
Based on fax charts and all the other models here is my snow risk map for the areas I feel are likely to see snowfall.

:) Dave you got something against NE England, the Borders and the eastern Central Belt?!! There'll be snow in Northumberland before there's any in Birmingham...

Posted

Gutted!! looks like i am about 50 miles too far south. :drinks: What will i need to look for in the charts to increase the risk for snow further south?? Is it just lower temps and dew points??

WW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I love the snow and hope we finally see some here in Wigan on Thursday, However i'm starting to panic , i have drive down to Stansted Friday Night/Saturday Morning to catch a flight...please please please say i'm not gonna have difficulty...for once in my life i do not want it to snow(well not until i'm in Sweden anyway) :drinks:

Posted

Well I don't want to get my hopes up, as I have previously witnessed Atlantic fronts coming up against colder air, and it generally snows for an hour, before turning to sleet, then wet snow, then rain lol - However I'm hoping this time could be different. Maybe Mr Cold will stick around for longer this time, and it will go the full 12 rounds. :D

All eyes on Thursday.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml

Posted

the bbc is showing the best forecast for my area i have seen for a long time. snow tonight but more importantly thursday!

Posted

Just seen BBC forecast and the snow map for Thurs is identical to mine.

Did Darren Bett steal my forecast :D

Posted
Just seen BBC forecast and the snow map for Thurs is identical to mine.

Did Darren Bett steal my forecast :lol:

I emailed it him just before his forecast :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
Gutted!! looks like i am about 50 miles too far south. :whistling: What will i need to look for in the charts to increase the risk for snow further south?? Is it just lower temps and dew points??

WW

Hi Wintry Wales,

I'm sure Cwmbran will get some snow from this spell, especially in Ty-Canol area as it is fairly high up, if we get a lot of snow in Brynmawr, i'll let you know.

Simon.

ps, do you go clubbing in Newport as I am the General Manager of Clubnite. PM me if you want to get on guest list (if over 18 lol)

Posted
Please for my sake pray that the snow will come after 1pm on Thursday. I'm getting a flight out to Denver for a skiing holiday Thursday at 1pm!

I'm sure if a plane can land in the snow in Denver it can take off in the UK.

Posted
I'm sure if a plane can land in the snow in Denver it can take off in the UK.

You would be very suprised mate trust me!

I work at an Airport and last winter just an Inch of snow closed stansted for around 2-3 Hours! :lol:

Difference in, Denver get snow all the time, it takes a few feet to shut down DIA.

Anyway im hoping i see some of the white stuff in my part of essex, its all a bit confusing at the min tho! :whistling: :lol:

Regards

Matt :lol:

Posted

Any of you experts got any ideas what the chances are of snow in my part of East Lothian quite near the coast this week!? Not had any lying snow all winter and not even really a proper snow shower either. Plus im planning to drive to Fort William on Sunday - looking dodgy??

Edited by SuperRangers

Posted
the bbc is showing the best forecast for my area i have seen for a long time. snow tonight but more importantly thursday!

The BBC have done a u-turn over the past few hours and given Northampton a good forecast too. Looks like there may be some of the white stuff on the way yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2845

Netweather has done a u-turn the other way and is just showing sleet and rain. But the two forecasts never agree for some reason :cold: