Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Will it snow in......?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Hi Blizzards! I admire your enthusiasm, but you are setting yourself up for a bit of a fall by talking about massive blizzards. If I were you I would remain quietly confident without getting too carried away...

Im not saying we will have Blizzards! Im being sarcastic although its possible but i mean we rarley have snow here but this is a very big event for us!

just watched our local weather girl, here in the east can expect snow how much she could not say ,but if you look on the weather on bbc24. there we got up 15-20 cm ,plus more snow saterday - sunday

They didnt show maps for friday, saturday and sunday on the 19:00 forecast anyway so i dont know where your getting that from.

Posted
Will it snow in Derby and how much could accumilate?

Personally I think Derby and places around it will do the best from this cold spell, anything from 5-12 cm most probably but don't take my word for it, that's just my opinion. Good luck.

Posted
Im not saying we will have Blizzards! Im being sarcastic although its possible but i mean we rarley have snow here but this is a very big event for us!

They didnt show maps for friday, saturday and sunday on the 19:00 forecast anyway so i dont know where your getting that from.

Blizzards hun, calm down! :drinks:

Yes this has the potential to be very exciting but it hasn't happened yet and a lot of us on here have been through this before only to be let down at the last minute.

As to your second point, maybe it was a different forecast?

Chill out and enjoy the ride eh? :)

Posted
Well according to the Net Weather 12z 7 day forecast, it doesn't look good for snow Thursday morning down here in Woking Surrey. They're going for sleet and 3c between 3 and 6am for it to turn to rain thereafter!

:)

Hi Don. If I were you I wouldn't get too downbeat. The phrase "the devil is in the detail" is one I would use for this situation particularly as there are still uncertainties as to the track of the low pressure.

I will be up late Wednesday night into early Thursday morning tracking the system as it comes in, which will give a better idea of whether it will be snow or sleet or rain..

ps. might be worth heading down to Leith Hill to see some snow :drinks:

Posted

Should rephrase your words to could be a very big event.

My advice is enjoy the build up without assuming it's certain. Many a time when I was a child I would go to bed after listening to a forecast saying snow was likely overnight and then I would wake up to nothing but green grass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

woah, why should i calm down when i done nothing wrong! lol!

BBC News 24 forecasts are exactly the same all over the uk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
woah, why should i calm down when i done nothing wrong! lol!

BBC News 24 forecasts are exactly the same all over the uk.

There only saying calm down so that you dont set yourself up for a massive letdown if the worst comes to the worst.

Posted
Hi Don. If I were you I wouldn't get too downbeat. The phrase "the devil is in the detail" is one I would use for this situation particularly as there are still uncertainties as to the track of the low pressure.

I will be up late Wednesday night into early Thursday morning tracking the system as it comes in, which will give a better idea of whether it will be snow or sleet or rain..

ps. might be worth heading down to Leith Hill to see some snow :drinks:

Hi Joneseye

Just watched the BBC local forecast for the South East and Peter Cockcroft seemed fairly confident that the whole region should see snow Thursday morning with it not turning to rain until the afternoon. So, not looking bad really! As you say we will have to wait and see what happens on Thursday.

:)

Posted
just watched our local weather girl, here in the east can expect snow how much she could not say ,but if you look on the weather on bbc24. there we got up 15-20 cm ,plus more snow saterday - sunday

Your going to be let down if you are expecting 15-20cm plus more later. For your area at the moment expect 5cm (10cm really pushing it) at most and thats if you get any!

Posted
Hi Joneseye

Just watched the BBC local forecast for the South East and Peter Cockcroft seemed fairly confident that the whole region should see snow Thursday morning with it not turning to rain until the afternoon. So, not looking bad really! As you say we will have to wait and see what happens on Thursday.

:(

Absolutely right! The nowcast bit is going to be the most important thing as we approach the time...

Posted

Will it snow in Grantham, Lincolnshire on Thursday and if so can anyone tell me how much is likely to accumulate, as it has been a while since we received an event such as the one forcasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow snow

maldon essex what r my chances, ive been on here since monday watching the excitment unfold :(

Posted
Will it snow in Grantham, Lincolnshire on Thursday and if so can anyone tell me how much is likely to accumulate, as it has been a while since we received an event such as the one forcasted.

I'm not sure about us seeing anything to be honest. Paul Hudson said on the radio that the event will be a washout, and i'm not sure it's going to get this far north anyway?

I'm hardly an expert though, can a more experienced person shed some light please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

So all things considered has ANYONE got any idea what will happen after thusday and thro the weekend.Thanks in advance. :(:)

Posted
I would say it looks very good for South and Central Wales, the South Midlands and the Birmingham area. The problem is the fizzling out of the front as it heads North.

Still looking good for the white stuff here then, but as others have mentioned it's not worth getting too excited over just yet in case the situation changes at the last minute.

Netweather, MetOffice, BBC and Accuweather are all in agreement though that any snow will be followed up quite quickly by sleet/rain which is a bit of a shame. Not that I'm complaining, any snow whatsoever down this way is pretty rare so I'm going to make the most of Thursday. :lol:

Posted
I would say it looks very good for South and Central Wales, the South Midlands and the Birmingham area. The problem is the fizzling out of the front as it heads North.

To what extent is it meant to fizzle out? completely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I'm beginning to think that most of the Snow will be in the South and Yorkshire will miss the worst of it. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers and bitterly cold winters with lots of snow

What do you think Merseysides chances are of seeing a good covering of the white stuff on Thursday? Will the front fizzle out before it reaches this far North?

Posted

Please could someone tell me their opinions as to whether S C U N T H O R P E is going to get some snow. ( I have had to type it like that, otherwise the computer spells it sprunehorpe!!!) Many thanx

Edited by Scunnyjoe

Posted
Please could someone tell me their opinions as to whether S C U N T H O R P E is going to get some snow. ( I have had to type it like that, otherwise the computer spells it sprunehorpe!!!) Many thanx

You may be just a bit too far north, I think our areas are a bit borderline for anything major.

Posted
You may be just a bit too far north, I think our areas are a bit borderline for anything major.

Yes it does look that way. But you never know, precipitation could appear ahead of the front, though I wouldn't expect much.

Expect reports of snow 50-100miles South and SW of our locations on the day, which is always frustrating.

Looking at the current METO radar, there appears to be some showers heading toward the humber.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

12z would give me 6cm of snow, very poor.

10cm

8cm

2cm

9cm

6cm