Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 19th & 20th June

swebby

Posted

POSSIBLY the most intense storm I've ever been witness to. First rumble of thunder at 7:20pm, lightning started about 7:35 and it FINALLY died down around 10:30pm. Even now as I type there is the occasional flash and exceptionally loud thunder. The lightning at one point was every second for a few minutes there with a shedload of CGs thrown in, some of which were extremely close. I'm sure there were two cells there, one straight behind the other?

Must say didn't like that an awful lot; think I'm finally getting the ol' heartrate back down! -_-

Jamie

Posted

oh my good god, rain extremely torrential. water flowing down the street now. can hear it hitting the road through double glazing.

Edited by dee88

Posted

Had a storm here from about 9 until 10, the rain was exceptionaly heavy and after hearing some strange noises, I started wondering if I really should be trying to drive through 18 inches of standing water.

Posted

Dry as a bone here in North Oxfordshire.

No lightning or thunder......Nothing.

Edited by xanadu

Posted

Small storm moved over us northwards at around 9pm. Heavy rain and good fork lightning and loud thunder. The small storm has now merged with others in west yorks to give them a much better show. Its not fare.

Posted

Rather amusingly there was a period of low flying fly-pasts at LHR between about 1930-20h this evening with a cell passing just W of the perimeter of the 09 runways, this evening's landing strips, leading to what I suspect were a number of pull-outs on final approach. Also some dramatic and rpaid turns on take off to avoid another cell just to the E. Neither were particularly spectacular: I got caught in a torrential burst whilst out running in the wild west of Hayes / Harlington but it didn't last more than 2-3 minutes, and no more than half a dozen or so obvious flashes hereabouts. Impressive build up from the south during the late afternoon though.

Posted

0225. storm to the east of me heading north. Inland streamer has formed so could last for an hour or two..

Posted

Brilliant lightning show from 2am to around 3;30am here in S.Yorks this followed a storm we had about 9pm to 10pm last evening ...torrential rain again .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Huge thunderstorm ebtween 6pm and 7.30pm yesterday evening. Absolutely torrential rain, all the roads were flooded and thunder was almost constant. 31mm in half an hour! :D Awesome storm, lightning could have been a bit better though.

Posted

active thunderstorm this area from about 1930-2130 yesterday.

may have been a smaller one around 0400 this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

One rumble of thunder at 6:30am in Cleadon this morning; not much of a storm, but enough to warrant a report. Anyway I'm satisfied for now because at least the winds aren't off the sea any more.

Posted

Thunder/lightning 2000-2200 yesterday, lightning flashing to both east and west. Rain too and some areas round here have been flooded according to the radio. Nice again now but keeping an eye out this evening again.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Small storm moved over us northwards at around 9pm. Heavy rain and good fork lightning and loud thunder. The small storm has now merged with others in west yorks to give them a much better show. Its not fare.

Well stu we had a big storm here in killamarsh it started with thunder and lightning then came the torrential rain which flooded most of my back garden i was worried that my house would flood it was getting that bad i can only imagine how bad it was on the bottom of killamarsh.

Posted

There was a storm here at about 9:30 PM last night with high winds and heavy rain, although most of it appeared to be in the mid level there was one very close strike here which produced an awesome crackling / tearing sort of sound which seemed to last ages.

So it must have been very close indeed, especially to produce a noise like that through double glazed windows.

I have also been watching some rapid development here over the last few minutes, one of them became a heavy rain storm which has just passed over and I am now getting returns on my strike alert.

Heres hoping for a little more today.

Posted

Wayhay - a storm! So far six raps of thunder, monsoon rain and gusty winds. Nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Mid-High level thunderstorm here on Tuesday evening between 8.45-10.10pm. Many CC and CG strikes, thunder rumbling but not particularly impressive. Heavy Rain.