Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Easter Weekend Chill/Freeze

mcyates

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
we have snow showers and light covering

Again cookie! you seem to be having a good winter this year.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Strong wind temp 0c and heavy snow now falling and settling. thought it might before midnight Going to look pretty wintry by morning if this keeps up.

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/sraswebcam/webcam.jpg

:o

Posted

Looks like a widespread snow event for S & W Scotland/ Wales and England during Sunday morning, front passage at perfect time for lying snowfall for much of England, subzero temps, dewpoints and lots of precipitation..

Gotta say i am slightly jealous :o

Enjoy it :D

Posted

I feel tomorrow could be more of a case of wintry showers which will be more of snow as the afternoon progress, i'll be very surprised if i see any lying snow when i wake up tomorrow morning.

Posted

Just put car in garage wipers frozen to windscreen, snow sparkling on grass and snow showers towering to the north across the Firth reflecting the moonlight, temp 1c and still windy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Looks like it is all over for the East now :D rain and sleet being forecast on Radio 2 just Attention now switching to Sunday am where 20cm + could fall in Western England from the front coming down from the north :D .

Sunday hasn't happened yet :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D B)

Posted
Sunday hasn't happened yet :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D B)

LOL - yep I reckon it's still a pretty tight and marginal call for sunday's event. Some warmer air being drawn into the mix in the West and would only need a +/- 50 mile east/west shift in the track of that low to completely change the outlook again. :D

Just had a hefty hail shower here - still feels fairly warm though atm

Posted
Looks like it is all over for the East now :D rain and sleet being forecast on Radio 2 just Attention now switching to Sunday am where 20cm + could fall in Western England from the front coming down from the north :D .

I'm heading to Dartmoor Sun morning :D

Looks to me like a window of 2-3 days for snow in the east compared to a window of 2-3 hours for snow in the west, so hardly "all over for the East" as you put it. Indeed things are looking better for your area for a time on Sunday morning, but eastern areas look likely to be affected too. Indeed Northants will be waking up to a white easter on Sunday if tonight's charts verify. A strong potential for a widespread heavy snow event IMO with the Midlands baring the brunt of it. B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Things have certainly began to change up here, heavy sleet showers with strong winds between 7-10 (with intermissions of heavy snow), now turned into heavy snow showers with strong winds. Temperature beginning to drop away, currently 1'C.

I dunno NorthantsSnow, Aberdeenshire will be far worse off I think...

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

go to bed becka its not gonna snow tonight, i dont think..........

Posted
Looks like it is all over for the East now B) rain and sleet being forecast on Radio 2 just Attention now switching to Sunday am where 20cm + could fall in Western England from the front coming down from the north :D .

I'm heading to Dartmoor Sun morning :D

This weekend was never geared up to be a big event in the West.

Wintry showers however, will be present in both Eastern and Western areas over the weekend.

If one thing is for sure about this cold snap, it's that the biggest accumilations will be more widespread in the East.

Edited by Polar Low

Some really exciting weather here as the cold front moving through with very blustery winds indeed and squally showers, what a fantastic easter weekend we have ahead of us, i'm going to be out enjoying the cold wintry conditions thats for sure, head for the hills is my advice B)

Posted
Some really exciting weather here as the cold front moving through with very blustery winds indeed and squally showers, what a fantastic easter weekend we have ahead of us, i'm going to be out enjoying the cold wintry conditions thats for sure, head for the hills is my advice B)

Just posted about the very heavy squally rain in the current conditions thread. Very organised band of rain now and it lasted 30 minutes with strong gusty winds. I think there was hail but cannot confirm. (from Basingstoke) :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Chucking it down with rain here at the minute, heavy shower passing through by the looks of the radar, shame the cold air hasn't dug in yet, would have liked to have seen some hail, sleet or snow before I went bed B)

Saturday is THE day though for the Midlands I think :D

Posted
Chucking it down with rain here at the minute, heavy shower passing through by the looks of the radar, shame the cold air hasn't dug in yet, would have liked to have seen some hail, sleet or snow before I went bed B)

Saturday is THE day though for the Midlands I think :D

Been quite an interesting night on the radar eh? I wasn't expecting so much activity.

As for people listening to forecasts issued by the BBC - I thought they used data from the MetOffice. But something is clearly being lost in translation. By the MetOffice's standards they aren't underestimating the potential for snowfall. Is Darren Betts behind it?

Who really takes any notice of the BBC's forecasts? They seem to even be in conflict with the forecast on the MetOffice's site - which is always pretty generous with regards temperatures. The BBC always add on a few degrees here and there, probably assuming everywhere has an Urban heat island like London. I bet despite some snow (hill snow of course - always "hill snow") they (the BBC) will still have daytime maximas of 9C on the map for Saturday. Its laughable, it really is.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Aviemore's had a pasting already and the cold snap has only just started!!!

slot6.jpg

slot0.jpg

Been quite an interesting night on the radar eh? I wasn't expecting so much activity.

Aye :D

I wasn't either, sign of things to come for the weekend maybe? If the showers for saturday are like tonights showers then we could be in for an interesting time B) I think it looks decent for Leicestershire/Northamptonshire on Saturday :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Andy, do you ever sleep ? (He says posting at 3.48 in the morning lol)

Well it`s dropped by 2.6 degrees in Melton within the last 46 minutes ! Currently 3.8c still not expecting much till Saturday tho.

Posted

Looks like a wild 24 hours or so to come for some, especially down the East coast. Looking at the charts this morning, north/northeast winds at gale or severe gale and snow showers look possible for eastern areas tonight.

post-248-1206077908_thumb.png

post-248-1206078014_thumb.png post-248-1206078044_thumb.png

Those winds could bring some coastal flooding with high tides expected tonight, so a lot to keep an eye on apart from the snow risk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

function openup(lin){window.open(lin,null,'width=440, height=400, scrollbars=yes');return false;}Snow Risk for the next 5 days in LE130DUTodayTomorrowSun 23/03Mon 24/03Tue 25/0355%

3.png85%

5.png77%

4.png77%

4.png100%

5.pngDiscuss this forecast Share this forecast

Merry Christmas everybody ! :D B)

(whoops that didn`t work very well did it !)

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Hi Folks

Absolutely marvelous, I set foot outside the UK and suddenly even London get snow forecast (on the BBC website they are forecasting 'Heavy Snow' for Sunday). I think I am in the only bit of France that is not forecast snow over the next few days, but then that is why we moved here for the warmer weather. Enjoy the snow, and I hope the downgrade gremlins don't get you, Happy snowy Easter everyone.

Cheers

FC