Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25C this week?

Posted

I can't recall if we actually managed a 25C during spring and summer last year but have a feeling we didn't? I think we might not have got one until the autumn?

Anyway, this week (Monday through Sunday) looks as if we might actually just about get one. Mini-competition:

1. Highest temp of the week to the nearest 0.1C

2. Where?

3. When?

Posted

Well this just makes my day. It's 10C outside, which is not cold but since kiwis have not yet invented insulation or central heating my fingers are too cold to type accurately, hence I'm trying to warm them up by tapping away here and blowing on them occassionally.

25C. Give it to me please.

1) 24.4C

2) Heathrow

3) Wednesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I'll go for Heathrow too on Thursday and with a final temperature of 26C :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

25.4C London on Thursday

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

I cant see no 25c temps on the 00zrun using NW Xtra charts, so unfortunately im going to say max this week 23 maybe 24c Northampton on Friday

nigel

Posted
I'm not sure where just yet but I think we may hit it several times late this week and into the weekend...

Is that fence comfortable Darren? ;):(

I'll be bold and go for:

1) London Heathrow

2) 27.3C

3) Saturday

Posted
I can't recall if we actually managed a 25C during spring and summer last year but have a feeling we didn't? I think we might not have got one until the autumn?

Certainly locally some areas did not reach 25C (the max here was 24.1C all year), but nationwide, every month from April - September aside from July, all reached 25C.

26.5C - Hersetmonseux (Sussex), 26th April

25.0C - Gravesend, 24th May

26.1C - Pershore, 9th June

30.1C - Terrington St Clement (Norfolk), 5th August

25.4C - Lee-on-Solent (Hampshire), 6th September

I imagine we'll see a 25C somewhere this week, definitely in the south-east or central southern England away from that North Sea breeze.

Posted
Certainly locally some areas did not reach 25C (the max here was 24.1C all year), but nationwide, every month from April - September aside from July, all reached 25C.

I'm glad you got those stats out Reef - as I too was thinking along the same lines as Richard. Now thinking about it, it was the chase to break the 30ºC barrier that was touch and go. And after previous years' summers it was a shock to the system for it to be such a struggle to reach it. Remember all those discussions about whether or not the London Weather Centre was a bona fide site? That was all tied up in the chase to 30ºC :D

ps Will it snow here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
ps Will it snow here?

Not in Edinburgh city centre but certainly out in rural areas. Probably 2-5cm on low ground but up to 20cm on the hills by Thursday. Temps probably around 22C :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

My guess is

London

Thursday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

24.6, Heathrow , London, On Thursday

Posted

I think 24c might be reached but possibly not 25 before the beginning of next week. Low pressure looks set to interrupt on friday brining cold temperatures and rain looking at the 06z update, which will make for a pooor weekend. Thursday would have the highest chance of 25c this week but really I think about that time next week is likely to topple 25.

Posted

Tuesday

London

So is it the person who accurately forecasts the earliest 25C who wins, or who gets the closest in temperature?

Posted

Tuesday

London

So is it the person who accurately forecasts the earliest 25C who wins, or who gets the closest in temperature?

Let's have both! First to 25C (when and where) and then the top temp of the week (when and where).

Comp ends tonight at midnight.

I love this idea of making rules up as you go along. Reminds me of teaching ... :rolleyes:

Posted

I think it may hit 25 on Tuesday perhaps at Northolt and Heathrow, then the highest reading could be 27.4 on Thursday at Pershore. Looks like that could be challenged each day afterwards too.

Seems like a time of pattern change again after the winter's rather bold campaign (hemispheric scale at least), now we're seeing a lot of bland weather with a warming theme.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ill say 26.3c at Heathrow on Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Top temp of the week: 25.8 at London Weather Centre on Friday, sparking another debate about whether LWC is a legitimate site (the Met Office's official answer last summer was that it's not technically a standard site, but many customers do use it). Next highest, Heathrow at 24.6C, also on Friday. However, as LWC generally counts in the 'official' readings, 25C will officially be exceeded on Friday.