Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25C this week?

Posted
are things expected to cool down or get warmer in the next few days? could we see 30?

I would say a little bit warmer tomorrow cookie, but cooler on Friday...Should be interesting seeing how high we go.

Where I am, I didn't break 21c on Wednesday, but I'm hoping for a little higher today, may 22-23c :)

Posted
UKMO provisional figures as at 00.01 today show that Great Malvern recorded 25.1c and Heathrow an impressive 27.4c yesterday. We shall see if these provisional values are adjusted by 1pm today.

regards

ACB

Hi Andrew,

Looks like some adjusting already. Wisley at 25.4C now showing as the highest of the day: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...st_weather.html

Regards, Richard

Posted

I wonder if it will happen here on saturday. Tomorrow should be a good warm day again in the east and we got close today at 23.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Well, must admit when I said 26C Heathrow Thursday on page one of this thread, I was being very optimistic. Yet its probably a degree or so higher, wasn't expecting that :)

Still going for 30c over the weekend atm, I have not looked at the various model runs yet though...

I just hope that all the fine weather is not restricted to just May this year, prefer it spread out. Now we have had a few fine days how about some thunder then? :lol:

Russ(smug barstuard)

Edit:-

Oh apparently I have been miss informed and infact Heathrow did not reach 26 today, so sorry, at least I am not smug any more!

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I don't for one minute consider my weather station 'official' but yesterday it recorded 26.8c and today 25.8c....believe me it is been very warm

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

try living on the east coast ,, brrrr [compared to some temps today]top temp today 17.8c yesterday 18.6c , , however it has een glorious , but that ene breeze has been keeping temps lower

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes- it's been around that at Cleadon as well (while just a mile down the road at Marsden they've struggled at 14-16C, quite a contrast)

Posted
Hi Andrew,

Looks like some adjusting already. Wisley at 25.4C now showing as the highest of the day: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...st_weather.html

Regards, Richard

Richard thanks.

I have only just become aware of the UKMO's practice of revising daily maxima/minima. What are the errors that require such revision?

Hourly observations suggest that today may have been marginally cooler than yesterday in central and southern areas. 30c at the weekend seems a little high to me; perhaps 27/28c?

regards

Andrew

Edited by acbrixton

Posted

Still to hit the magic 70f this year here in Tyne and Wear. Whilst we have for the majority of the time been joining in with the rest of the country in terms of sunshine as others in this neck of the woods have pointed out there has been enough of a breeze to ensure that 'pleasant' as opposed to 'warm' conditions have occured.

In this respect the start of the month has not felt like the conditions we had last april which for the majority of the country the conditions we have experienced over the last few days have been comparable too. Consequently it is hard to understand how wonderful the warm weather for the majority of you must be feeling.

We may nudge the magic 70 f at the weekend if we can get more of a South south easterly component to the wind at least in the centre of Newcastle, however, those on the coast of NE England look like they are going to have to wait a while longer for this temperature to occur.

Going back to the 25 degree mark being reached, I am expect this to be hit somewhere for the next 3 days at least, it must be a long time since we have seen 5-6 consecutive days in May when somewhere in the country has reached this figure particularly within the first half of the month, anyone have any stats...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It's amazing what a difference of a few miles can make inland from the coast. Some friends of mine have been practising Ten Tors walking in Cornwall. The coast was foggy and 'cold' they quoted then after a few miles it completely cleared and they were too hot!

As for here, 24.1C recorded on two consecutive days. :lol: Was surprised we didn't hit the 25C in Bristol today as it was 23C at 1pm and there was at least another 3 hours of full sunshine after that to lift the temperature more than 24.1C. Oh well, this weekend, especially Saturday, looks promising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Talking of contrasts, today Lowestoft was reporting 14C while at the same time Norwich Airport was reporting 22C, and some amateur stations were up at 23-24C. Unusually, it seems that Lowestoft was actually cooler than most of the Tyne & Wear coast today.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Max 25.5c today, last 2 days beat 25c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The Met office has Kinlochewe in North-West Scotland as the warmest official site yesterday at 25.3C. [Not that unusual in May].

Contrast that with the maximum of 13.3C despite all day sunshine in Leuchars on the East coast. The North sea can make a lot of difference in an Easterly or South Easterly flow at this time of year.

Posted
Birmingham, 28.1C!! Thursday or friday

Ok maybe not in brum but My earlier prediction looks likley now, somewhere in the south east.

Posted

Max temps seems to be about 26C so far today unless a local station has gotten higher then that. a decent number of stations got upto 25C today. i guess tomorrow we will see even nmore stations get upto 25C and beyond esp given there will be less cloud cover in the morning in at least the east.

Posted

London hit 26.6C yesterday, so we have beaten 25C quite comfortably in the end.

Is that fence comfortable Darren? :):good:

I'll be bold and go for:

1) London Heathrow

2) 27.3C

3) Saturday

My "bold" forecast looks ok, but tomorrow could match or beat it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Now we've beat 25c is it time to look for 30c? :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not had 25oC yet on my thermometer, the highest 24.7oC on the 8th, cloud not lifting for ppl in NW midlands another miserable weekend i had rain earlier, 20.1oC now

Posted
Now we've beat 25c is it time to look for 30c? B)

30C is certainly looking possible tomorrow, especially so in London with the winds light and the sun shining.

Posted

I think 30C is even possible today with Lakenheath already at 27C. The odds are against it but it's not impossible.

Posted

Temperature just reached 25 deg C a few moments ago here in Dulwich , South London. Think its a couple of degrees warmer in the West End, 6 miles away. I reckon we could see 28 or 29 in town today. it really is a lovely day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Quote, Met Office:- Highest max 26.6°C London 10 May 2008 :)