Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25C this week?

Posted

I think that 25C will be reached on Wednesday, with 25.3C at Great Malvern. I also expect it to be reached on Thursday and Friday. Pershore and Heathrow are other possibilities. I agree with those who are choosing locations in the Worcestershire area as it is probably going to be a south-easterly/easterly airflow and that area will be favoured IMO.

Edited by Scorcher

Posted

Birmingham, 28.1C!! Thursday or friday

Edited by Chassisbot

Top temp of the week: 25.8 at London Weather Centre on Friday, sparking another debate about whether LWC is a legitimate site (the Met Office's official answer last summer was that it's not technically a standard site, but many customers do use it). Next highest, Heathrow at 24.6C, also on Friday. However, as LWC generally counts in the 'official' readings, 25C will officially be exceeded on Friday.

I sometimes wonder about the legitmacy of places such as Heathrow also - a weather site surrounded by a couple of hundred acres of dark grey tarmac...

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I'm going to go for 25.5C, next saturday, sunday or monday , probably near Luton.

Posted
I sometimes wonder about the legitmacy of places such as Heathrow also - a weather site surrounded by a couple of hundred acres of dark grey tarmac...

I don't think that their equipment is that crude to be honest. I thought the LWC was only dodgy on account of the UHI effect.

Posted

I would go for somewhere west of the cotswolds, between Evesham down to Cheltenham, probably on Wednesday as there might be more cirrus after that.

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Maybe we all will be taken by surprise by the figures, a degree or two above, heatwave B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

I think somewhere like Epsom could do it today, if not definitely tomorrow

BFTP

Posted
You posted that on a day which saw a 24.7C B)

So we have already almost, almost, got there: 24.7C yesterday at Castlederg http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...st_weather.html

That page says the max yesterday was 23.2C in London?

I didnt see the Castlederg figure and I dont doubt it was there, but maybe it was discounted?

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

When are taking the end of this week as being because Sunday is also looking very warm perhaps with a thundery breakdown? ( a long way off I know)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
When are taking the end of this week as being because Sunday is also looking very warm perhaps with a thundery breakdown? ( a long way off I know)

Forget 25C! maybe somewhere in the South East may even see 30C at the weekend.

OK I'll go Heathrow 30C Sunday :) and I am not joking :)

If Sunday is not counted as this week, Saturday now looks to me like reaching 28C in the shade by the sizzling concrete of Heathrow.

Russ

Posted

I didnt see the Castlederg figure and I dont doubt it was there, but maybe it was discounted?

It must have been dicounted because this morning it was definitly saying Castlederg 24.7c It was also on the BBC review page.

Posted
It must have been dicounted because this morning it was definitly saying Castlederg 24.7c It was also on the BBC review page.

Yes sorry about that folks. It definitely showed and has since been withdrawn so it must have been faulty.

Wonder how things went today? Felt warm and I believe we nudged up to 23.5C so tomorrow or Thursday may just see us nick the 25C?

Richard

Posted

Id say this weekend sometime now poss next week for the highest temp but as that is not this week ill say 27.0C Gatwick Saturday although possibly a bit higher sunday/next week.

I think we might just get 25C this week also anytime from tomorrow. ill say almost tomorrow and then in the East on Thursday.

Posted

tomorrow probably has a 50-50 chance of reaching 25C IMO given numerous sites today got upto 23C, temps progged by the models are about 1C up on today so its going to be close for tomorrow but I think we may just get there!

If not then several great chances, esp on Saturday and Sunday!

Posted

Interesting that, my wife's cousin reckons he had 24C in Enniskillen. Somewhere well to the West of NI might well get there before the cloud moves in.

Posted
Interesting that, my wife's cousin reckons he had 24C in Enniskillen. Somewhere well to the West of NI might well get there before the cloud moves in.

Yesterday's max according to the Met was 24.5C at Nottingham so we're nearly there for the 25C. I reckon today could do it with something to spare, which is two days sooner than I expected. Certainly a warm week!

Posted
I reckon today could do it with something to spare, which is two days sooner than I expected. Certainly a warm week!

Certainly possible Richard and I reckon around 25.5-26.5C will be recorded today.

Just looking at the temps for E Anglia/SE at 10am compared to yesterdays figures and we are around 2C warmer. Now this doesn't guarantee the max temps will be warmer today but there is certainly a good chance they will be.

This is a fantastic spell of weather and I would love it to carry on until September. :(

Posted
Certainly possible Richard and I reckon around 25.5-26.5C will be recorded today.

Just looking at the temps for E Anglia/SE at 10am compared to yesterdays figures and we are around 2C warmer. Now this doesn't guarantee the max temps will be warmer today but there is certainly a good chance they will be.

This is a fantastic spell of weather and I would love it to carry on until September. :(

Just over 21c on my weather station already today. You could well be right Dave.

Posted
Yesterday's max according to the Met was 24.5C at Nottingham so we're nearly there for the 25C. I reckon today could do it with something to spare, which is two days sooner than I expected. Certainly a warm week!

Yet again this has been discounted! The actual high maxima was 23.5C in Crosby.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...st_weather.html

I wonder why these early high figures keep disappearing? Still, at some point Id expect us to scrape a 25C in the London area over the next few days, possibly today as certain places are already over 23C at 12:00.