Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather Reports And Chat

Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Another rather bland day here in staffs

overcast skies

Max temp: 3.4C

Current temp: 2.3C

Pressure: 1031mb

Calm, no wind

AJ

Posted

The cloud has finally cleared ovr the past 2 hours to now give clear skies for once :)

Not quite managed to stay below freezing though today with a high of 0.1c :)

Current conditions:

Weather: Clear/Fog Forming

Temp: -2.3c

Wind: SE 1mph

Max Temp: 0.1c

Min Temp: -2.3c

Very cold night on the way hopefully :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Dropped below freezing at 17:30. First time since 16 December

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

:clap: Finally looks like wer`e going to get a hard frost here in Melton. :clap:

:cold: Currently -2.7c and dropping... :cold:

:o As for snow, nobody knows. :o

:D Would be good though as I`m only working Saturday then off Sunday & Monday. :D

:lol: Not a one liner, in the right thread and gramatically correct. ( I hope ! ) :lol:

:unsure: BUT, FULL OF LITTLE YELLOW PEOPLE, JUST TO WIND CERTAIN MEMBERS UP ! :lol:

:lol: Wasn`t allowed any more yellow people ! :nonono:

Three independent witnessess of a few very fine flakes of snow here in Manchester approx 12.15 today.

A cold day and mainly cloudy. Temperature now at -1c

i heard about this also turns out it was dandruff off a guy called Billy Bunter originally from Newcastle but moved after his fiootie team got relegated

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!
i heard about this also turns out it was dandruff off a guy called Billy Bunter originally from Newcastle but moved after his fiootie team got relegated

Oh, now that`s just uncalled for ! :lol:

We won`t be relagated, just kept at tha bottom of the class for another season. :unsure:

-3.1c here, just in case I get into trouble for a non weather related post.....

Just realised thats a drop of 0.4c in 17 minutes, do I win a prize ???

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Temps dropping like a stone here, now down to -0.5c which is only 0.4c higher than the lowest temp I've recorded all this autumn/winter. I don't get the really low temps here due to being almost city centre so am surprised how low it is already. A very harsh frost tonight indeed.

What is most noticable is how little ice/frozen surfaces there are compared to the early Dec cold spell. Back then, even with temps +1c in early evening there was often a frost on everything making, for example, the bin lid stick solid. This time with temps -0.5c not much is frosted up and the lid of the bin lifts fine. Is this just down to how dry it's been for so long now or are we experiencing a much drier air flow? Any thoughts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Temps dropping like a stone here, now down to -0.5c which is only 0.4c higher than the lowest temp I've recorded all this autumn/winter. I don't get the really low temps here due to being almost city centre so am surprised how low it is already. A very harsh frost tonight indeed.

What is most noticable is how little ice/frozen surfaces there are compared to the early Dec cold spell. Back then, even with temps +1c in early evening there was often a frost on everything making, for example, the bin lid stick solid. This time with temps -0.5c not much is frosted up and the lid of the bin lifts fine. Is this just down to how dry it's been for so long now or are we experiencing a much drier air flow? Any thoughts?

Yeah that is bugging me as well. I was thinking is it because of low humidity, but my current humidity is 87% so it rules that one out.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Very dry air mate which is the reason. However doesn't explain why my ponds haven't frozen which I can only put down too a ground temp of 4.5C at one foot. Unless anyone else can think of a reason.

We're being thick here. Dew Point is -3.9C and air temp is -2.0C. So a frost won't form.

Posted

Perhaps it could be the presence of wind, however weak it may be - in the early December cold spell, the air was extremely stagnant. With a breeze, it is more difficult for condensation to build up? Just a thought.

Posted

Time 20:55 Greece time

Air temperature : 4,4 C

Humidity : 53 %

Wind : NE 22 km/h

Pressure rel : 1033,9 hpa steady

Dew point : -4,4 C

clouds : 6/8 stratocumulus,stratus

Daily rain : 0,0 mm

Rain month : 78,9 mm

Rain year 2008 : 316,2 mm

Min Air temp today : 3,9 C

Max Air temp today : 6,5 C

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
Perhaps it could be the presence of wind, however weak it may be - in the early December cold spell, the air was extremely stagnant. With a breeze, it is more difficult for condensation to build up? Just a thought.

Dew points. Frost can't form unless the temp is close to the dew point. The ground temp here is 2.2C above the dew point hence no frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Currently -8'C in Inverness.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Dry, cold and cloudy all day, until around 1730 when the cloud suddenly cleared. A max' of only -1.8c today which, assuming it doesn't get higher than that by 0900 tomorrow morning, is the lowest max' of the year.

We also have the rare event of it being calm during the 10 minutes of observation time.

At 1800;

Temp', -3.4c

Max' today, -1.8c

Min' last night, -2.2c

Grass min', -4.1c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, nil

Sunshine, nil

Mean wind speed 0 mph

Highest gust today, 15 mph SE at 1023

1 okta stratus

Vis', 3 miles.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted

Finally clear skies overnight. Currently down to -4.2C with a dewpoint of -5.3C. Should make poo patrol in the back garden tomorrow a doddle so to speak. I can get rid of all those moisture laden ones developing fur with ease.

Posted

Warmest part of the day here so far! Up to -0.6c after a low of -5c last night. It has pretty much hovered at around -1c all day before cloud moved in at around 4pm. There may have been a few flakes of snow from that as well but i never saw any (there was drops of water on the window).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yep now I see why no frost - DP is much lower than temp.

Temps dropped down to -0.8c but now starting to rise currently -0.3c with DP of -3c.

Posted

Just a few pics of the area.Currently -11c, max today of -4c, and when these photos were taken about 3.00pm it was falling again to -6c. Asolutely beautiful very cold day, real Christmas card scenes. Seems to be just the Inner Moray Firth area that is getting this.