Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Ea & Se England

jam1

Posted
Very light snow grains here now, hoping to go sledging tomorrow!

I just looked out and have the smallest of snow grains too!!!!

It's the start of it!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :good::D

You might be able to go sledging.

Posted
Very light snow grains here now, hoping to go sledging tomorrow!

Can you send the snow grains over to me please?!

Very grey and windy in Borehamwood ... no snow yet!!!

Posted

could some one give me a quick update on last nights/this mornings models please??? daren't look in model thread

no flakes here but whoever lives to the west of me is going to see something some its as black as ink

Posted
Anyone know what Heathrow airport tends to be like in snow situations? Due on a flight that lands in there at 8am tomorrow morning and wondering how likely delays etc are. Also trains etc then into central London, I assume that could be difficult too?

Hi Globe

Heathrow tends to be OK - financially it is really bad for them to be affected by the weather (they screw things up quite well already without any meterological assistance!!!!) - you should be OK.

You have a couple of options about getting to london - the overground to Paddington is the quickest, but may be affected by snow, so you can always revert to the Piccadilly Line tube which should be running.

All the best

SS

Posted

Thick cloud here but no snow. Currently 1.4C.

I'm so very excited. Big bowls of porridge for breakfast. Steamy bowls of soup for lunch and hot casserole for dinner. Perfect snowy food.

All I need now is the snow. :good:

Posted

Morning all

lightest of snow now falling in East Kent (Ashford), stuck my nose out of the door its absolutely bitter, shame my weather station packed up a week ago so no ideda what the temp and dp but it feels primed for a good dumping

Posted
Morning all

lightest of snow now falling in East Kent (Ashford), stuck my nose out of the door its absolutely bitter, shame my weather station packed up a week ago so no ideda what the temp and dp but it feels primed for a good dumping

1.3C with a dewp of -3.1C here - perfect! :D

Posted
1.3C with a dewp of -3.1C here - perfect! :D

0.8C with a dewpoint of -5C at 9.00am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Just about to take the kids to London for a 3pm theatre trip. What are the chances of getting there and back? We are at Saffron Walden, will the trains be affected by this?

Posted
Yes theres no worry about the temps it will be cold enough to settle, much depends on how this low comes up, the situation is helped that the front is lying north/south to the se tomorrow but edging north so you get much more snow than say a front moving west/east.

The question is whether it will turn to rain or sleet later and there is still uncertainty here. I don't know when the last 10cm+ snowfall was in London but as things stand now this is the best chance for years. :)

Hi Nick last time snow settled for week in London was Feb 91 with 20cm . In 1981 on my way to work the snow started at temps of 1 c >the Snow was so heavy in Central London that after it stopped it froze and it was below freezing for the rest of the week. :D

Posted
Hi Globe

Heathrow tends to be OK - financially it is really bad for them to be affected by the weather (they screw things up quite well already without any meterological assistance!!!!) - you should be OK.

You have a couple of options about getting to london - the overground to Paddington is the quickest, but may be affected by snow, so you can always revert to the Piccadilly Line tube which should be running.

All the best

SS

Hi, thanks for the reply. I normally get the Heathrow Express to Paddington alright and then the tube to the area that I travel to. Will see in the morning!

Cheers.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Morning all :)

Start of a really great day! Biting wind this morning and a few very light snow flurries already :D

Good to see the snow showers starting to gather on the radar out to the east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything
Morning all

Currently 0.7C Gerry. V.light snow here too.

Posted

What a great day this may be -Watching the Nadel /Federer Aussi final. Nadel has just won the first set and then looking out of the window with fine snow falling . Temps are just below freezing and last nights frost still remains on the car. Expecting a lot of snow in Biggin Hill and I think height will make a difference if the marginal event happens and all pp will remain as snow as it has done on the Downs many times before, :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

"mini-flurry" here in North West Norfolk - blink and you'll miss it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Morning all, what a fun day to be had ! Currently 1.6 degrees with an overnight low of 0.7. Had the lightest and briefest snow shower a few minutes ago.....oooh and again as I type. Yey !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Light snow here too.

So it begins.....