Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Here's an example using an accumulation radar chart from NW Extra from earlier this winter of the forcefield in 'typical' operation:

post-992-1233519436_thumb.png

This was a straight northerly, so it's understandable that places to the north would pick up more, but look what happens to the south.

I can see where you are coming from now, it must be so disheartening! Good luck with this snowy spell-i hope you get loads to make up for it :doh:

Hey guys do you think the main event tomorrow afternoon/eve will give some heavy snowfall for shropshire? In telford at the moment no snow is falling. We have had snow showers all afternoon which have gave a slight covering.

I think you have got a pretty good chance of decent snowfall. The bbc forecast just had snow for most of England and this spreads NW into Wales.

Posted
First few flurries now coming down, looking at the radar this could stay with us for a while, seems to be trialing down the M3

Hope they take the A303 from you then <_<

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
I can see where you are coming from now, it must be so disheartening! Good luck with this snowy spell-i hope you get loads to make up for it <_<

Cheers. The frontal snow tomorrow is probably my only hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Those snow showers arent too far away now, still of reasonable strength, so Hopefully maybe another cm or 2 from them

post-4149-1233520898_thumb.png

Posted

Wind has just turnt a little more back to the north of where it was again and this is meaning the snow streamer that has set-up near Dover is only making it to around Brigthon. Despite that lots of showers are now packing into Kent which should reach here around 11pm I suspect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I see that London and essex seem to be getting a fair share as to some south london parts. Loads of great webcams of the M25, and yes there is some it is clear on the M4.....junction 1 or 2 though and nothing after that west! ..how far does the Thames Streamer work? Think Paul Sherman was syaing that there seems to be potential stacking out in the North sea.....still as I write nothing in Newbury..just very cold. :lol: minus 2 i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ugh we have just missed out on another Shower to my North...could my luck get any worse?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A near miss there!....The lastest shower just gave a few flurries here, more moderate snow passed by to my north...Nevermind, plenty more showers where they came from!

Posted

Light snow now with the temp rising to -2.8C with full cloud cover and a biting east wind.

Edited by Albion Snowman

Posted

Don't give up hope people already! It's only the start of things and i mean really, it's only 9.20pm!! Plenty more time for more showers yet and all of tomorrow too :-)

Posted

Hard to take all this talk of snow going on at the mo. All too often Hampshire is the most Westerly point for picking up decent showers and so it would appear this time around.

A North Easterly direction in this kind of setup is not a favoured one for me, by the time it reaches here it has normally all but fizzled out. Although, I will take 'all but fizzled out' right now as just a light snow shower will send me to bed a contented man.

Plenty of chances left though and I would say it looks like Tuesday will be my best shot for something over the next 4 days.

I tell you one thing though, I don't want to hear that lot bemoaning their lack of snow again on this forum for a while!! :D

EDIT: I meant to post in the SW section, I was only browsing this one, maybe I should be here? I don't know! :lol:

Edited by s4lancia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
A near miss there!....The lastest shower just gave a few flurries here, more moderate snow passed by to my north...Nevermind, plenty more showers where they came from!

yeah think i did better there 6 miles (ish) to your north, completely white now

Posted

amazing the differences and locality of the snow this evening. Nothing here at all to the east of Reading yet just drove to Ascot 7 miles from me to drop something off and there's plenty there and was snowing very hard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Light snow now with the temp rising to -2.8C with full cloud cover and a biting east wind.

Nothing here. Im too South yet again. How rubbish so far...

Posted
Don't give up hope people already! It's only the start of things and i mean really, it's only 9.20pm!! Plenty more time for more showers yet and all of tomorrow too :-)

Too right, we have been really lucky so far today.

Here we had a really heavy snow shower at about 4.30pm which covered the ground in minutes.

I was walking the doberman over the miner's welfare park and she was luuuurving it :lol:

I expect that the bright cloud echoes over the north sea will bring more prolonged showers over us tonight, and that's even before the frontal snow tomorrow.

Posted

Looks like quite a few showers now packing in from the east and these should make it into CS England I'd have thought. Also worth noting that band near Brighton is likely to give a little snow as well I'd have thought and with iced surfaces should stick.

So things should get going, granted not to the exent in Se/EA...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Blimey, I stop looking out the window for 10 miinutes and miss it! There is the faintest dusting on the ground. Sadly, the sky is completely clear again and the stars are twinkling. Just getting the tailends of the showers coming along the Thames, I suppose. -2.4C, + windchill = -7C.

Kate