Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Started snowing here too. Pretty light at the moment but im watching this area of snow for a little while longer before I go to bed to see if anything comes or it or if it fizzles out. Could potentially give a nice accumulation for areas between Portsmouth and Southampton.

post-5186-1233536046_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Complete thin covering over everything now :-D

Posted
READING should be seeing some hefty snowfall sometime VERY soon from what it seems on the Netweather radar!! Bright echoes of yellows and reds! goodluck with it all lol, im jus on the brink of it and its all heading in a neatline very slightly south of here B)

I seriously hope so! Been a very long time since anything decent came this way

Started snowing here too. Pretty light at the moment but im watching this area of snow for a little while longer before I go to bed to see if anything comes or it or if it fizzles out. Could potentially give a nice accumulation for areas between Portsmouth and Southampton.

where could i find that radar?

Posted
yep missing me by literally 5-7 miles - plenty ealrier on when I was over in Ascot, jack all here and the most annoying thing is the radar shows it over me and has been - yet I have nothing other than the lightest of sprinkles.

post-4710-1233535879_thumb.png

i was actually on the IOW this afternoon and there was about an hour of pretty solid snow, which didn't settle. i rushed home at about 90mph expecting fireworks - i won't do that again. Having said that, from that radar image, there does look to be a line of more organised snow pushing into berks/south oxfordshire. I can but hope..or go to bed.

edit...it is snowing here now, almost properly!

Edited by A horse called man

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
You know alot more then me but I thought you were in the hot spot for tomorrow night? When I seen the bbc forecast the graphics covered most of the midlands but only just scraped some of the SW.

But I dont think anyone knows, but I gotta admit I was looking forward to waking up and seeing snow falling. I haven't seen day snow for agessssssssssss. B)

I am supposed to be yes, but I remain cautious because if I expected a decent fall of snow and it went belly up I would be gutted.

Posted
i was actually on the IOW this afternoon and there was about an hour of pretty solid snow, which didn't settle. i rushed home at about 90mph expecting fireworks - i won't do that again. Having said that, from that radar image, there does look to be a line of more organised snow pushing into berks/south oxfordshire. I can but hope..or go to bed.

It is now snowing - very lightly though - I'll give it 10 more minutes or so then I'm off to bed due to boredom although that's more to do with watching the super bowl than lack of snow

Posted
http://www.raintoday.co.uk

Saw someone mention it earlier today and it's very useful. 15min intervals and you can zoom in too.

Nice one!! Deffo favourited! Beats the meto!

Posted
It is now snowing - very lightly though - I'll give it 10 more minutes or so then I'm off to bed due to boredom although that's more to do with watching the super bowl than lack of snow

yes, i'm watching the superbowl as well! and yes, it is snowing here now too! maybe give it half an hour more and one more radar update....

Posted
yes, i'm watching the superbowl as well! and yes, it is snowing here now too! maybe give it half an hour more and one more radar update....

Americans really do know how to make sport dull and boring though I'll give them that, anyway back on topic it's still coming down here and is getting heavier - although having lived in Fernie for 3 years in the Canadian Rockies I could never describe UK snow as heavy!

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

NW Extra Radar is the best: 5 minute updates. That's how I produced the accumulation charts earlier. To subscribe for a year costs around £18.

Posted

Got nearly an inch now thanks to pretty much non-stop snowfall over the last 90 mins, never very heavy but certainly in the moderate bracket. Looks like snowfall will stop at least for a little while in the next 30 mins or so as the band lifts a little more north but I fully expect this won't be the last snow shower we get tonight...

Posted

Very nearly at the point where I can't see the grass poking through - not quite there yet though but looks like now according to the radar should have at least an hour or so so I'll stay up a bit longer I think

Posted
Very nearly at the point where I can't see the grass poking through - not quite there yet though but looks like now according to the radar should have at least an hour or so so I'll stay up a bit longer I think

Lol! Temptation takes over? I should be getting more soon woohoo :) Seems as if the band sunk south a touch then knocked north....excellent

Posted

Looks like a heavier shower will reach Drayton imminently, tracking south of Abingdon.

Posted
Looks like a heavier shower will reach Drayton imminently, tracking south of Abingdon.

i'm watching and waiting....... not at reading levels yet but it is now certainly trying at least - pavement is now white as opposed to grey!

Posted
To everybody just north of Birmingham

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Follow this, looks like their may be a real dumping on the way?!

Looks abit too north to me mate, but we'll see

Posted
i'm watching and waiting....... not at reading levels yet but it is now certainly trying at least - pavement is now white as opposed to grey!

Logic dictates that we should be in the firing line. The showers are developing into lines aka 'streamers' heading slightly SW of W. If you look at the position of the northernmost streamer in the SE corner of the UK and follow its SW of W track it should hit this area. But something will go wrong to defy the logic - it always does as far as showers are concerned.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

Ye defo has taken more of a south west movement , this link shows you the predicted movement of the showers in the hours ahead. So could clip us if we get abit lucky and it continues to turn SW :lol:

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp

Posted
Ye defo has taken more of a south west movement , this link shows you the predicted movement of the showers in the hours ahead. So could clip us if we get abit lucky and it continues to turn SW :)

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp

Nice, says it will hit us around 3am, looks to be moving quicker than that but I am not going to argue with that, im not staying up until then! :lol:

May all depend on the next radar image to whether I am confident or not, right now im reasonably confident though. Could drop maybe 1cm or 2?

EDIT: There may also be something hitting us at 5:15 according to that?! Maybe thats just abit far south though.

Edited by WestMidlandsWeather