Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

BIG flakes here now, and very very 'fuzzy' to the NE lol ... no melt from earlier so this could be interesting...

Posted
Generally -2 to -3 but could be lower anywhere the skies clear for any length of time.

thx........just been out my car was skidding all over the place....main routes are open but snow is now overcomming the grit

Posted
haha! Cheeky! :( As long as it keeps snowing then I'm happy! Although I would rather be snowed in than snowed out! :( Just concerned about the drive home but fingers crossed it'll be ok! I want it to keep snowing as long as I get home basically!! :(

Cheeky... don't know the meaning of the word! :yahoo:

Know what you mean though, was out and about earlier and saw this coming in, much prefer to be stuck in with a beer and central heating than not! Always makes me smile tho when the country grinds to a halt... was up in Finland 2 years ago, and they drive on snow there like we drive in perfect conditions here... could just be taxi drivers tho. :(

Posted

absolutely THROWING it down in Maesteg at the moment!

Posted

Pretty snowy here in Maesteg now. Probably an inch on the ground, more as you go up the valley and into higher parts of the Afan Valley & Neath Port Talbot.

Main roads have been gritted but the heavy snow is beginning to stick.

Side roads are dangerous.

Posted

heavy snow here again :yahoo: temps down to -1 was surprised to see dewpoints only 0 surly it must be dropping in the showers?

kaz x

any mods on here who can make another thread me taking ages to re-load sorry :)

Edited by kaz

Posted
thx........just been out my car was skidding all over the place....main routes are open but snow is now overcomming the grit

How you doing for Snow Pat

Finally got 12cm here in the end, Snow now moved away, and it is your turn!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Snowing here again, we've got a fair covering - getting on for a couple of inches. It's enough to take my 6 month old puppy out out play in anyway, so we're happy. He's puzzled and excited. Snow's really fluffy, it's the kind which creaks when you walk through it

post-6280-1233593026_thumb.jpg

post-6280-1233593045_thumb.jpg

post-6280-1233593065_thumb.jpg

post-6280-1233593079_thumb.jpg

Posted

My cat was somewhat shocked when he went out in it earlier... but soon decided he was able to kill and eat whatever the white fluffy stuff was and proceeded to try... needless to say hes now back in and looking decidedly sorry for himself. :yahoo:

Posted

big fat goose feathers now biggest flakes off snow i have ever seen total white out now :lol:

kaz x

Posted

Right here we go!

Been snowing lightly here all afternoon and then had a much heavier spell for about 30 mins which left a good dusting.

What is expected for the rest of the night and tommorow???

I thought we were in the firing line of a low pressure system moving up from the southwest(Roger J Smith opened a thread about it)

Also what are peoples thoughts for the rest of the week, the countryfile forecast yesterday showed snow all week for much of Wales and the southwest, has things changed guys??

Cheers all

WW

Posted

Here in north Devon we have had the most stunning snow this afternoon. I am just overjoyed. Our bus got stuck on the way back from school and had to trek around, with me walking the last part. These two pics were just taken, with the view from our house (or one of them):

post-2020-1233594093_thumb.jpg

post-2020-1233594207_thumb.jpg

Posted

Winds now coming straight from the N, but very light, the snow has stopped again and the temp has fallen to -4.1C... lets hope that doesn't stall over Dorset!

Posted

Heavy snow here a good 10cm on grass around 4-6cm on roads pvments

Posted
Unfortunately the stuff that's centred over Dorset doesn't seem to be moving, it seems to have stopped rotating and is just staying there, it might well move south from here.

Yeah I noticed that, it was moving WSW then just got slower and slower, you can see the pivot there. I have a feeling it will move SW from here (eventually)

Posted

Snow is getting heavier and is sticking to the road right away, presumably because the temps are now subzero.

Posted

The wind has dropped considerably, but just over the valley I can see the next band of snow moving in, and its just srarted lightly here again, so assuming it is now slow moving, it could lead to some nice accumulations! Should make the walk to the pub interesting in a bit!