Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Thanks cher! I see your not far from me! Bring on the snow! :cray: I swear it feels colder here now :S

hi nope not that far if you are planning on going to the licky's lol i live right by them, its a tad cold as i posted earlier its -1.5 here brrrrrrrrr lol and humidity of 83% so if anything falls it will fall as snow

woooohoooooooooooooo i have made up my mind now im on a ramp :wallbash:

cher

x

Posted

Morning all!

Well all looking on track so far - any Herefordshire members in? - the radar shows ppn looking a bit furtive round there!

Won't be too long until it arrives in my location - temps and dewpoints still holding good here. :wallbash:

Anyone worried about the quality of the snow just needs to check out Slink1989's photos from Swindon in the Cymru & SW England thread post #391 :shok:

this link will get you most of the way

Slinkys Pics

Good to see Andy about- do you predict a Fryatt for the Midlands then Andy?

Posted
hi nope not that far if you are planning on going to the licky's lol i live right by them, its a tad cold as i posted earlier its -1.5 here brrrrrrrrr lol and humidity of 83% so if anything falls it will fall as snow

woooohoooooooooooooo i have made up my mind now im on a ramp :wallbash:

cher

x

Hey how do u find out your temp and humidity? thanks

Posted
omgggggggggggggg thats it im in overdrive :shok:

cher

x

hi,thought it was due in the birmingham area around 03:00am!!lol xxxx was not expecting it till around 06:00am here so guess i will have to set my alarm around 04:00am then,lol xx :wallbash::shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hehe yes I predict that Leicester is going to score with this one :wallbash:

Posted
It started as snow in London and Kent got ice pellets about an hour ago! If it's wintry that far South then it bodes well for Northants IMO.

Possible good few hours of snow in Northants i'd say, temp here is -1.4c with a dew point of -3.9, that is incredible considering the PPN isn't all that far away! The ground temp is actually dropping in the past 2 hours :wallbash: It was -0.3 at 10pm at 11pm it was -1 and now it's -1.4.

Hope you're right Andy. If it does come off then this it will be UKMO 1-0 GFS, in my honest opinion, because the GFS dropped the idea of a heavy snow event here on Tuesday.

Temps similar here I must say although my dew point is not as low as yours.

Current temperature -1.2 °C

Dewpoint -2.5 °C

Either way, if I do good out of this, then you're guaranteed to do well (I'm sure you will anyway) so it's a win-win. :shok:

And I do feel a lot more optimistic than earlier for at least 3 hours of snowfall taking into account Look East/BBC national/track of ppn/snow reports further south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: HOT SUNNY

Started snowing at 11.17, just starting to get heavy in north west oxfordshire

its moving slowly its gunna be a long night!!!

Posted

Ah Matty Fryatt!

Im a Walsall fan!! Cracking player here, Leicester played us, we got battered by a VERY good Leicester team!Knew Fryatt would score. Anyway, this isnt a football forum! UP THE WALSALL!!! :wallbash:

Posted
Anyone worried about the quality of the snow just needs to check out Slink1989's photos from Swindon in the Cymru & SW England thread post #391 :shok:

this link will get you most of the way

Slinkys Pics

Thanks for the heads up. Here's a direct link to that post.

Excellent images - I bet RAIN,RAIN,RAIN is loving this and I'm dead pleased for him, has anyone seen him online tonight?

Also, after seeing those, I feel a smidgen of a RAMP coming on - 2-4" widely across the Midlands by 0700? :wallbash:

Posted
hi,thought it was due in the birmingham area around 03:00am!!lol xxxx was not expecting it till around 06:00am here so guess i will have to set my alarm around 04:00am then,lol xx :rolleyes::pardon:

thats what I thought but mother nature has other plans lol

cher

x

Posted

Now Snowing here in Aylesbury, Woooohooo :pardon: , how long it will last though is another question!!??? :rolleyes:

Hmmm, according to netweather radar, i am just above the sleety line! :cray:

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
Started snowing at 11.17, just starting to get heavy in north west oxfordshire

its moving slowly its gunna be a long night!!!

Snow in North West Oxfordshire is good good news for Northants, Coventry, Birmingham, Warwickshire Leicester and Nottingham.

Ah Matty Fryatt!

Im a Walsall fan!! Cracking player here, Leicester played us, we got battered by a VERY good Leicester team!Knew Fryatt would score. Anyway, this isnt a football forum! UP THE WALSALL!!! :rolleyes:

Hes really come good this season, last season he was plagued by injury and poor form and fitness. This season he has bagged 25 goals and there is still 3-4 months of the footy season to go!

Anyway... Walsall should be in for some snow within the next 40 minutes :pardon:

Posted
Snow in North West Oxfordshire is good good news for Northants, Coventry, Birmingham, Warwickshire Leicester and Nottingham.

One more thing to add - someone on the other thread has made a VERY interesting point.

Apparently Wiltshire only had a 30% chance of snow according to GFS/NW, so the forecast was for sleet.

With this in mind; I think we can disregard the GFS at this point and stick to nowcasting. Looking very promising indeed for many areas :rolleyes:

Posted
Now Snowing here in Aylesbury, Woooohooo :pardon: , how long it will last though is another question!!??? :rolleyes:

Hmmm, according to netweather radar, i am just above the sleety line! :cray:

Take no notice of that, it's based on the GFS charts and not on what is actually falling out of the sky, don't worry :)

Posted
i have a weather station :rolleyes: but if go to weatheronline you can find your temps ect on there

cher

x

HA! Thanks cher! :pardon: Im seriously too excited now. I feel like a 5 yr old. ha!

Posted
Have you seen the intensity of the rain around the london area?? poor snowmen :rolleyes:

Really? Just had a quick glance at NW forecast (using GFS data) for London and it's not showing any precip at all for this time period.

The GFS has modelled this event really badly so far IMO.